• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm surprised at the lack of "complete" edition of ME, the one with all DLCs for 2 and 3.

It's ridiculous - I looked it up on Origin and it would cost in the region of €80 just to get the story DLCs for the two games. Which is insane at this point in time. Even if they were on sale at half-price it'd still be far too much.

Hopefully they'll go free at some point, just like the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline DLCs did earlier this year. That's what I'm going to hold out for, especially has I don't want to buy BioWare points to get DLC.

chadskin

Nabbed INSIDE as part of the bundle, cheaper than standalone if you already have Limbo (which was given away for free a few weeks/months ago).

With all the praise it received, I can't wait to jump in.

Would I enjoy Wolfenstein The Old Blood without first buying The New Order? The price is incredibly tempting and I don't need a very long game..

Valahart

Samorost 3 and Abzu are considerably cheaper at Nuuvem.

You can add 10% off the total amount with the coupom "DESCONTOEMGAMES"

I don't know about possible region locks though....

Deques

Samorost 3 and Abzu are considerably cheaper at Nuuvem.

You can add 10% off the total amount with the coupom "DESCONTOEMGAMES"

I don't know about possible region locks though....

Anyone here who from Brazil or anywhere close to the country that can help me buy Darkest Dungeon? It costs around $8.5

Do Tecmo games go lower than 50% usually?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/5ehcse/sila_games_bandai_ubisoft_koeitecmo_black_friday/

Some KOEI Tecmo game have higher discount than 50%

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NOT A HERO -- MB-8816B4CC52D62A59 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-6F83BEB3071F4899 - Taken by wetflame. 12 entrants total.

t1480001507z1.png

derFeef

Deques

That might be cheaper but how do I know what games I do not play ;)
Also my internet is not the fastest - I might just back up some games! Never used that feature. (Or simply copy them)

Oh, I should have thought of that. Maybe buy an external HDD and put all games that you know you wont play this year and the next year :)

Op musou was discounted for more than 50% in the past year

Dont buy the PC-version though. I mean I really think its one of the best Musou games, but damn. The port is bad and they never fixed it.

The graphic options do literally nothing besides the resolution, even though it has the PS4 assets. You just cant unlock them, since no matter what graphic options you change, nothing changes.
The draw distance is set at low unless you unlock them with a mod.

So the PC version is a mixture between the Vita and the PS3 version...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i feel like i'm going to head to bed and immediately miss a price error somewhere

wait for me, kayaks

For the most part, price mistakes on Steam occur when a sale discount is applied atop a pre-existing one. With Dailies now limited to regular programming, your best and more or less only bet for pricing errors during a sale period is to check the specials list before the sale kicks off, bookmark anything that interests you, and finally check the store page again once the sale discounts are in effect.

Wok

Two of the Adventure Time games, and the Rambo game, and the Falling Skies games all have massive base price reductions + steep sale discounts. This is often a sign of games that are about to be removed from Steam. Don't know if any of them are good, but in case you're a collector, maybe pounce on them.

Links for the lazy:

Respective price history over the past year:

aku:jiki

Oh wow, there's a crappy mobile port Falling Skies game? I was already buying Rambo but now I have to buy FS too. I wonder if the show or the game is the more terrible one here? That's going to be hard to call. Why am I excited for buying a terrible-looking game based on a terrible show I still watched for 3 seasons for some reason?

Next thing I know, I'll have spent 1500 hours grinding the Defiance MMO if it's still running.

About to buy DOOM from gamesplanet, there isnt a coupon or anything right?
Active coupons are listed in the top section of ITAD.

It's really good with 60 FPS. Never played it before the 60 FPS patch, but I wholeheartedly recommend it, the gameplay is goddamn satisfying.

This is why I hate Gaf. I was considering whether or not I should get Necropolis (any opinions on the Brutal Edition, people?) and now you talk about Hyper Light Drifter and makes things even harder! ^_^

Jadax

So both games I wanted this sale are in decent sales, but not as high as they have been (Skyrim + Shadow of Mordor) - wondering if I should take the gamble and wait for New Years Sale.

Deadly

What are the chances Winter Sale will actually be worst? I'm torn between waiting and buying some stuff now but odds are I probably won't even play them alot.

Probably grab South Park at least since that's been 75% since like forever.

derFeef

I might grab Arslan over SW4-2. It seems to be the better port and I dig the artstyle, works well with this type of game I think.

Sch1sm

so steam does not have dailies anymore? all prices are final?

Since last year now, actually.

Keep in mind, though, sometimes games will be added to the sale later on. Not necessarily a daily, but just late to the party. If you notice that something isn't discounted yet, wait those out. Shit happens. Everything else? Go for it.

What are the chances Winter Sale will actually be worst? I'm torn between waiting and buying some stuff now but odds are I probably won't even play them alot.

Probably grab South Park at least since that's been 75% since like forever.

Since the change to the new format, Winter Seal has typically held the same deals. There hasn't been a lot of movement.

I say, if it's a game you would be super bummed about missing, consider picking it up this time. If it's just a great game to get in line in your backlog, you're probably safe. Plus, you'll get cards for your purchases in next sale (most likely) and can get a few cents back.

Grabbed Mortal Kombat XL and a Victor Vran 2-pack.

Was hoping for FC Primal but may just wait on a better deal since the FH3 expansion is around the corner.

sammex

Had been holding off on Total War: Warhammer until the sale. Disappointed that it's not included, I guess I'll have to wait until the next one and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom