• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

heringer

My first purchase

Z6fY8C4.png

It's not over, it's part of the next Monthly bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Ah, ok. Oh man, I wish I knew that. :(

Oh well, $8 is still a good price.

Pheace

Yes but in my case the refund is just to my Steam wallet, not to my credit card because in Brazil Valve goes through a third party to seal the transactions.

Still a good option unless you absolutely have no other money to spend, surely you'll end up buying something else on Steam later?

(This is assuming you haven't played more than 2 hours yet of course)

I played Assassin's Creed on 360, the repetitiveness got to me and never ended up finishing it.

If I were to take another shot at it, where should I start? Assassin's Creed 2 or some later game?

Tizoc

I played Assassin's Creed on 360, the repetitiveness got to me and never ended up finishing it.

If I were to take another shot at it, where should I start? Assassin's Creed 2 or some later game?

Rogue is considered the best game in the series on PC.

heringer

Still a good option unless you absolutely have no other money to spend, surely you'll end up buying something else on Steam later?

(This is assuming you haven't played more than 2 hours yet of course)

Usually, yes, but I'm trying not to buy too many games now becase of the ever present backlog problem. Also, I don't know what the other 5 games in the bundle are going to be so it's probably safer to stay put.

In future, Before you buy a game make sure you have Enhanced Steam extension installed
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/
In a game's page it'll tell you where it is cheapest AND tell you if the game is in a bundle

Oh, nice. Thanks for the tip!

derFeef

Or check out isthereanydeal.com - it has notification options as well.
Enhanced Steam is using data from that site as well!

Tizoc

Usually, yes, but I'm trying not to buy too many games now becase of the ever present backlog problem. Also, I don't know what the other 5 games in the bundle are going to be so it's probably safer to stay put.

Oh, nice. Thanks for the tip!

I mention the extension in the first post of this thread too ;P

Valahart

Yes but in my case the refund is just to my Steam wallet, not to my credit card because in Brazil Valve goes through a third party to seal the transactions.

Mmm, I think you might be wrong on that.

Pretty sure I've been given the option to refund my CC many times.

Gnoclaude

Neo Member
I loaded up on games. GTA5, Witcher 3 GOTY, Doom, Valve pack with Portals L4d CS and Half Life, Fallout New Vegas, Ori, and Valkyria Chronicles. I haven't bought anything new since Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break so I was due. I also wanted a few older games for when my GPD Win arrives. I was so tempted to a dozen last gen titles for the WIN but I can wait for the winter sale I suppose. Super excited and 130 dollars poorer.

I also scored Recore for 20 bucks. Its down to 15 right now on the MS store. Anyone on the fence its the most amazing game and you won't get it this cheap for a long time. It might just be my GOTY. It really is a spiritual successor to Metroid Prime and the MC and Mack are super adorable. Highly recommended.

heringer

Yes. Everytime.

Unless I'm given the option but it doesn't work if I go through(?).

I've never actually chosen to refund to the CC. But I've certainly been given the option.

The option is indeed given, but after everything is processed they claim they couldn't refund to your CC so the credits were refunded to your wallet instead.

Oreoleo

DOOM 2016 & Fallout 4 are each around $15 over at Gamesplanet for a limited time only

Damn. I was gonna wait til Winter Sale to grab Doom, but $16.17 (to be exact) is a stupid good deal. Website looks to be UK based, the key will redeem on my US account no problem, right?
Edit: Activated without a hitch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Valen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lolly Joe #2 -- MB-8EFC6459EE4065AD - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Lolly Joe -- MB-17EE428E795B9B3A - Taken by Teppic. 6 entrants total.

t1480027725z1.png

Divinity Original Sin EE is pretty nuts. Didn't realize just how much there is to the game in terms of combat/stats/strategy. Game gets off to a slow start, I think.

Guys, how is Necropolis today? Our OT only contains opinions on the game prior to the Brutal Edition update, seems like the game changed a lot recently. And yes, I know I should expect a rogue-like, not Dark Souls.

Because every other annual award is implying this?

2016 Steam Awards. If the date is completely irrelevant, don't mention the date whatsoever.

But if it's a rolling award, the date is relevant. new games release, old games get patched and the tastes of the general audience change. I think it's incredibly interesting having awards for the platform as a whole (even if they're jokey). I also think it's more sense on the PC where games are more evergreen and can be updated by the developers or users through mods.

If you're looking for traditional awards that highlight the best new releases, there's no shortage of that on the internet.

Orgen

The only interesting title on my wishlist is Gemini Rue (got an all time low price it seems). Anyone here played it?

And bought the Broken Sword complete pack from bundlestars. 6,22€ for all the Broken Swords? Hell yeah!

Pheace

Complete you Mass Effect collection by buying the third game here

About as much "complete" as the Mass Effect Trilogy compilation was ridiculously called the "Definitive Mass Effect Experience", despite them having left out most DLC''s and still having ludicrous prices for those years later and practically never any sales on them.

Why do some devs insist on not hiding the mouse cursor when your using a controller its one of the most annoying things ever, wish there was a program where you could select which programs to hide the mouse cursor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom