• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

If anyone is interested in a puzzle-platformer, I recommend Sayonara Umihara Kawase.

Here is a thread I made which is a LTTP and Physics Guide for the game, check it out if you want to learn more about the game: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1298029

The game is $6 during the sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/378750/

If you end up liking the game, it is part of a Trilogy and the others are also on Steam.

The trilogy is $12 during the sale:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/85452/

I might grab Arslan over SW4-2. It seems to be the better port and I dig the artstyle, works well with this type of game I think.

Both are good ports, but Arslan is programmed strange. Like its one of the best K-T ports, but some animations are locked at 30fps, like the Special attacks on the field, so you can play it at 60fps the whole time, then you unleash your special attack, and the animation runs at 30fps. Looks quite strange.

neoemonk

I was hoping DQ Heroes would get a discount on PC, but since it didn't I'll probably just grab it for PS4 since it's on sale for console.

Deadly

Since the change to the new format, Winter Seal has typically held the same deals. There hasn't been a lot of movement.

I say, if it's a game you would be super bummed about missing, consider picking it up this time. If it's just a great game to get in line in your backlog, you're probably safe. Plus, you'll get cards for your purchases in next sale (most likely) and can get a few cents back.
New format are you referring to the removal of dailies or the fact that they now allow publishers to set different prices for each sale?

Ludens

Banned
I was hoping DQ Heroes would get a discount on PC, but since it didn't I'll probably just grab it for PS4 since it's on sale for console.

It's very stupid. First because the PC version is like 40 or 50€ here while the PS4 version is 20$ full price on NA SE store, discounted to 10$.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So far I've grabbed:

Abzu
Assault Android Cactus
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

derFeef

Both are good ports, but Arslan is programmed strange. Like its one of the best K-T ports, but some animations are locked at 30fps, like the Special attacks on the field, so you can play it at 60fps the whole time, then you unleash your special attack, and the animation runs at 30fps. Looks quite strange.

That's a bummer, I wish people would add such things to the PCGamingWiki.
I just noticed that some Warrior games are discounted for the Vita, that will do for me! :)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just Life Is Strange for me so far. That's bagged me a foil worth half the price I paid for the game though so I'd call that a success.

That's a bummer, I wish people would add such things to the PCGamingWiki.
I just noticed that some Warrior games are discounted for the Vita, that will do for me! :)

Its not bad, its just strange during those times. Arslan is really one of the best K-T PC ports.

DQ Heroes is 18$ in the NA Square Enix store.

It's very stupid. First because the PC version is like 40 or 50€ here while the PS4 version is 20$ full price on NA SE store, discounted to 10$.

But DQ Heroes is also 18$ in the S-E store.

Wok

Two of the Adventure Time games, and the Rambo game, and the Falling Skies games all have massive base price reductions + steep sale discounts. This is often a sign of games that are about to be removed from Steam. Don't know if any of them are good, but in case you're a collector, maybe pounce on them.

By the way, there might be more. Three of the games which you mention are published by the same company, Little Orbit, which has similar discounts for other titles.

The price history pattern is similar too: start at 37€, keep lowering the base price. If anything is likely to be removed, shouldn't it be the games sold for 1,49 euros? If so, I doubt the most expensive Adventure Time is more likely to be removed than the Barbie or Kung Fu Panda games.

rtcn63

The retail PC version of Dishonored 2 is just a single disc and a code right? Like, the bulk of the game isn't on-disc? It's $29 after tax with GCU from BB right now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
QzTnuU5a2VpudTqEwBAmmZ-650-80.jpg

Trailer for Agony
Kickstarter for Agony

So I am kickstarting Agony, which you should check out it's a very interesting looking horror game on Kickstarter. The campaign is still going, but they gave all backers a Steam key for a demo of the game. That's cool, but I also got a SECOND Steam key because they emailed it to me as a YouTuber who mostly plays horror games. So since I have a spare Steam Key for a demo of an unreleased game, here's a giveaway for a closed demo of an interesting horror game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Agony Closed Demo Key -- MB-515291D6802BB8B9 - Taken by MaxiLive. 7 entrants total.

t1480000850z1.png

rtcn63

Fuck why did I click on that Kickstarter link. For some reason, going to a KS page causes Firefox to freeze and then go super slow unless I restart it. Every time. Flash or something.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is on sale for $12. I've been craving a new action RPG after playing Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3... is this the one I should get? I've heard good things about it.

Ascheroth

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is on sale for $12. I've been craving a new action RPG after playing Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3... is this the one I should get? I've heard good things about it.

Get it from the humble monthly instead.
Costs to same but you'll get 5 other games in a week. Just unsubscribe after buying it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The retail PC version of Dishonored 2 is just a single disc and a code right? Like, the bulk of the game isn't on-disc? It's $29 after tax with GCU from BB right now.

Yeah, and the kicker is that it's not even a dual-layer DVD. At this rate, Bethesda's next retail PC release will just include a Steam key and an actual coaster.

1337Sauce

Posted this a couple pages back but never got any replies. Would really appreciate some opinions from GAF as I am very tempted to pick this up seeing as it is my day off!

Looking in to getting the Homeworld Collection, but would primarily be interested in the game for the story.

Is it worth playing through for this reason alone? Or is there another strategy space game along similar lines that is worth playing for the story? Open to any recommendations if Homeworld does not quite fit what I am looking for!

Lux R7

best arpg combat ever with souls.
best big monsters in every arpg ever.
one of the best character creation tools.
A ton of items to collect.
A ton of freedom, fantastic pc port.
Game of my heart.
Buy it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/YellowClearHalcyon-mobile.mp4
https://gfycat.com/DetailedBowedAoudad

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Others have already suggested the Humble Monthly bundle, I'll just clarify that if you choose to pay now in that bundle you immediately get a Steam key for Dragon's Dogma, then when the bundle unlocks you'll get the rest of the games.

Never managed to get into it. The combat is fun but everything else is just so boring and mediocre.

Yup, get it. It's fantastic if (heavy emphasis on if) you place combat and mechanics as more important than anything else. I personally liked the games combat and mechanics enough to offset virtually everything else. Poor storytelling, shallow characters with minimal development etc. But it is 100% worth the purchase for the combat alone imho. I personally think they've set the bar for what every other open world fantasy game should play like

Nabs

Shoutouts to Environmental Station Alpha for never going on sale when I need it. I think I'm at the point where I'll just wait for a Humble Monthly or another bundle.

Grief.exe

When you buy games in the sale you already got in a Humble Bundle, but forgot to redeem in Steam...

That's becoming more and more likely of an occurrence for me. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm getting pretty lazy about activating my keys from various bundles and monthlies.

Get it from the humble monthly instead.
Costs to same but you'll get 5 other games in a week. Just unsubscribe after buying it.
Others have already suggested the Humble Monthly bundle, I'll just clarify that if you choose to pay now in that bundle you immediately get a Steam key for Dragon's Dogma, then when the bundle unlocks you'll get the rest of the games.

Thanks for the info, but I have $12 in my Steam wallet left over from a gift card. Humble Bundle is nice, but free is even nicer. ;)

best arpg combat ever with souls.
best big monsters in every arpg ever.
one of the best character creation tools.
A ton of items to collect.
A ton of freedom, fantastic pc port.
Game of my heart.
Buy it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/YellowClearHalcyon-mobile.mp4
https://gfycat.com/DetailedBowedAoudad

Never managed to get into it. The combat is fun but everything else is just so boring and mediocre.

Yup, get it. It's fantastic if (heavy emphasis on if) you place combat and mechanics as more important than anything else. I personally liked the games combat and mechanics enough to offset virtually everything else. Poor storytelling, shallow characters with minimal development etc. But it is 100% worth the purchase for the combat alone imho. I personally think they've set the bar for what every other open world fantasy game should play like

After my experience with The Witcher 3, I realized that I indeed place combat and mechanics over everything else. TW3 was incredible in pretty much every way... except the combat and mechanics, which were mediocre IMO. It really took away from my enjoyment of an otherwise great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom