• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No. I just logged in.

Picture below. Name is the same on both that I cropped out
Top one is my laptop, bottom one is my PC
6TSHk

Can't get imgur to work properly
http://imgur.com/a/6TSHk

So you've the option to play the games on the newly-created account that doesn't actually own anything? If Family Sharing had enabled itself, the "Play" button section would name the account owner, so my only guess is that it's some sort of strange bug related to the two accounts sharing an e-mail address.

AxeMan

So you've the option to play the games on the newly-created account that doesn't actually own anything? If Family Sharing had enabled itself, the "Play" button section would name the account owner, so my only guess is that it's some sort of strange bug related to the two accounts sharing an e-mail address.

This explains it.
I just tried to launch one of the games and it says that it belongs to my normal account and would I like to request access to it.
So it seems that the Steam client will see any games already installed regardless of the account purchased with but you can't run them

I need a good RPG. Preferably 3rd person. Cheap. Not Elder Scrolls or Witcher. The more depth the better. Not an old school one.

I'm being too picky, aren't I?

Dark Souls games? Other than that, perhaps Divinity 2 and/or Kingdom of Amalur.

Do Tecmo games go lower than 50% usually?

Yeah. I've been eyeing on a couple of them and they're still staying at 50% off at most.

Most of their games has barely sold 50k or less and they're still so persistent. It's baffling.

This explains it.
I just tried to launch one of the games and it says that it belongs to my normal account and would I like to request access to it.
So it seems that the Steam client will see any games already installed regardless of the account purchased with but you can't run them

My Alt account does this too, just checked. Though mine have two separate email addresses and my alt account has some games for card reasons! I also had a "Lift it" booster waiting for me!

JaseC

This explains it.

Oh, yeah, that's standard behaviour and what Corpekata was referring to earlier. It's definitely rather inelegant, though, so I can understand the confusion. Installed games that the account doesn't own ought to be moved to a separate subsection in the list (e.g. "Installed on this system").

JaseC

Thanks to all who replied about Skyrim. Here's another question, are Dishonored DLCs essential or substantial?

The Other Side of the Coin The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are both solid mini-expansions that last a few hours or so. The antagonist in the latter is also the antagonist in Dishonored 2.

Edit: Err, antagonist, not protagonist.

JaseC

Fall of Cybertron is the cheapest it had ever been on Steam

I've been wondering if these are signs that Acti are losing the TF license >_>

Always assume the worst when it comes to Acti's licensed stuff.

Edit: Oh, and a reminder that Acti's financial year follows the calendar and it drops unwanted licences late December/early January.

Parsnip

I've wanted the new Hitman for awhile now but is it still always online. I mean I'm always connected obviously but I heard if their servers go down the game boots you even though it's only single player.

Played over 90 hours of Hitman and have never had any server shenanigans happen to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of hitman, enjoying it much better than disho2 lol

something about dishonored 2 isn't clicking for me, it may be the story starting out really shitty or the terrible performance, so the immediate silliness of hitman is kind of amazing in comparison

Backlogger

Not Steam but MS is selling Recore Xbox/W10 play anywhere for $15

What a bomba, but I might cave at that price. I enjoyed the brief time in spent on the Demo.

derFeef

What a bomba, but I might cave at that price. I enjoyed the brief time in spent on the Demo.

It's a neat game if you like exploration (with grinding) and some tight shooting and platforming mechanics. For that price I can recommend it.

sprinkles

Given the end of the video, something like a "Long War" mod for Dragon Commander?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Anyway, I really enjoyed the Dragon Commander campaign.
Two thirds of the game were enjoyable - the politics & intrigue part was great and the Risk like strategy part was fine as well. Too bad that the actual gameplay was tedious at best and no fun at all.

jonno394

Could I buy from the USA windows store/buy from a GAF user who buys this and redeem on my UK account. We don't have this offer :(

Jintor

Given the end of the video, something like a "Long War" mod for Dragon Commander?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Anyway, I really enjoyed the Dragon Commander campaign.

i really wanted to play dragon commander without the rts bits in it

Tapejara

I think I'm going to grab all 3 Re;birth Neptunia games and that will be it. Gave the first one a shot on the Vita, didn't like it that much, but performance was one of the reasons. Hopefully it will make me laugh if I give it enough time.

Was thinking about buying Hitman, but even after watching almost all Giant Bomb video features with it, I feel 0 drive to actually play it.

I liked the first Neptunia on PS3 because of the writing, but after that the series lost me. Hopefully it holds up for you, because I thought it was really funny at the time. Not sure what I'd think of it now though.

Tizoc

I think I'm going to grab all 3 Re;birth Neptunia games and that will be it. Gave the first one a shot on the Vita, didn't like it that much, but performance was one of the reasons. Hopefully it will make me laugh if I give it enough time.

Was thinking about buying Hitman, but even after watching almost all Giant Bomb video features with it, I feel 0 drive to actually play it.

IIRC the games are more of the same but improve on their predecessor.
Get Neptunia 1 for now. If you like it get 2 and onwards.
Neputnia VII is really Neptunia Victory 2 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom