• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgambit

Banned
DDDDDDDDIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY

1370028777281.gif

3YayzDR.png

Wow, I remember getting the whole collection for like 10 bucks or so before Disney...

I decided to try contagion. Pretty cool playing as survivor. Kinda not playing as zombie. You kinda spawn behind doors as a zombie, sometimes the doors cannot be smashed open. So essentially you get stuck.

drgambit

Banned
Can anyone point me to any good Japanese developed games on steam? Right now I have LaMulana, Cave Story, and the carpe fulgur collection. Is there anything else out there worth buying?

I've played exactly an hour of Assassin's Creed 3 and I have a few things to say.

Firstly it's about Uplay. I didn't notice this since I mostly get Ubisoft games on consoles, but Uplay is really annoying. On consoles the Uplay symbol appears when you load up the game, and it'll usually say something on the main menu like buy some DLC. That's about it. On PC they put a whole new system on my Computer for everytime I open up Assassin's Creed 3, and it keeps my achievements for the game on it.

I don't know anything about DRM, third party systems, or why it's bad. What I'm definitely sure of is that it's annoying on PC. Ubisoft really needs to get rid of that.

Secondly, the game is at a pretty decent pace at the moment. I'm not far enough for a verdict on the pace just yet, but I can say that the games graphics are beautiful. The setting looks nice as well. I just arrived at a town and saw a guy steal an apple, so I gave chase. I touched him and he stopped dead in his tracks, and the apple floated from where I pushed him. I wish I knew how to use a screenshot because it was pretty great.

After that, it's pretty decent and Assassin Creedy. I'll play a bit more tomorrow.

Grief.exe

Reccettear

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/?snr=1_7_15__13

I've played exactly an hour of Assassin's Creed 3 and I have a few things to say.

Firstly it's about Uplay. I didn't notice this since I mostly get Ubisoft games on consoles, but Uplay is really annoying. On consoles the Uplay symbol appears when you load up the game, and it'll usually say something on the main menu like buy some DLC. That's about it. On PC they put a whole new system on my Computer for everytime I open up Assassin's Creed 3, and it keeps my achievements for the game on it.

I don't know anything about DRM, third party systems, or why it's bad. What I'm definitely sure of is that it's annoying on PC. Ubisoft really needs to get rid of that.

Secondly, the game is at a pretty decent pace at the moment. I'm not far enough for a verdict on the pace just yet, but I can say that the games graphics are beautiful. The setting looks nice as well. I just arrived at a town and saw a guy steal an apple, so I gave chase. I touched him and he stopped dead in his tracks, and the apple floated from where I pushed him. I wish I knew how to use a screenshot because it was pretty great.

After that, it's pretty decent and Assassin Creedy. I'll play a bit more tomorrow.

Uplay is essentially the new GFWL, it needs to die.

Rides under the radar because Ubisoft still allows you to purchase their games on Steam.

Can anyone point me to any good Japanese developed games on steam? Right now I have LaMulana, Cave Story, and the carpe fulgur collection. Is there anything else out there worth buying?

Capcom's stuff obviously.
Sega has a decent presence too with some gems like Jet Set Radio on PC.

Caerith

6. A Case of the Shingles.

Yeah my life is going to suck for 1-4 weeks.
I got exposed to that one year on Christmas Eve. Didn't come down with it (preventive medicine helped), but yeah, my condolences.

The only DRM people hate worse than Tages
At least you can get rid of shingles.

You already have the Carpe Fulgur collection, so just make sure you play Recettear.

Tellaerin

Some cheap stuff I noticed:

Jet Set Radio is $2.49.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205950/

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is $2.49.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245390/

Fairy Bloom Freesia is $1.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214590/

Symphony is $4.00

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207750/

As shooters go, Symphony's a fun little timewaster. It's neat seeing what kind of levels it'll generate from the songs on your HD, and discovering what weapon a particular song will unlock.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
$10 for BioShock Infinite. Should I? I loved the first to death. (And would own it now if the damn Mac version was on Steam. It makes absolutely no sense that it isn't.)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I take it you mean lower budget/cult/indie Japanese titles, so in no particular order:

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
Binary Domain
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
Eryi's Action
Ether Vapor Remaster
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Fairy Bloom Freesia
GundeadliGne (and Gundemonium Recollection)
Jet Set Radio
Ys Series

Were the first things that struck my head.

Danj

$10 for BioShock Infinite. Should I? I loved the first to death. (And would own it now if the damn Mac version was on Steam. It makes absolutely no sense that it isn't.)

You should. It has a few issues (as the majority of GAF loves to point out), but it's a superb game and a strong contender for GOTY in my opinion. One of my favorite titles of this gen.

I take it you mean lower budget/cult/indie Japanese titles, so in no particular order:

Binary Domain
Eryi's Action
Ether Vapor Remaster
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Jet Set Radio
Ys Series

thats another one im waiting for flash/daily for Bunny
i have DP on my PS3 curtesy of winning that Hardcore Gamer giveaway

Tellaerin

Binary Domain
Eryi's Action
Ether Vapor Remaster
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Jet Set Radio
Ys Series

Argh. I keep eyeing Binary Domain because it's $5 on Amazon right now, but I'm trying not to go too crazy and spend myself into a hole. :s

My damages so far:

The Basement Collection
Costume Quest
Dark Souls
DLC Quest
Don't Starve
Gemini Rue
Kentucky Route Zero
Papers, Please
Rogue Legacy
Stacking
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

I'm pretty new to Steam, though. Hopefully going to be able to order all of the parts for my new PC with my next paycheck. I highly recommend Rogue Legacy for those of you who don't have it yet. I've been playig it for the last five hours.

Tenrius

In case someone was worried, people who bought Fable III on Steam during the previous month can finally play it. Hooray! (Or not?)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Spend it all, once you have all the games you want there's no need to worry about the next sale :p

tumblr_mwxjo2neIi1rr9hnvo2_r2_250.gif

Ah, but that's when the Saoirse Disorder comes into affect and you start collecting games. It no longer becomes about wanting games to play, it's about collecting them all, which will never stop. You will have to start worrying about what games won't even be sold on Steam any more.

drgambit

Banned

Binary Domain
Eryi's Action
Ether Vapor Remaster
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Jet Set Radio
Ys Series

Wow, thanks for this list... 90% of what I was looking for... goodbye wallet :(

In case someone was worried, people who bought Fable III on Steam during the previous month can finally play it. Hooray! (Or not?)

I got Fable 2 for free when xbox goofed a while back and enjoyed it except for the ending (granted i normally dont play those types of games), is fabel 3 really that bad?

I've been good so far. I'm trying to resist and buy only the games that I know I will play. So far I've picked up Dark Souls. The other two things on my list are Duck Tales and Burial at Sea Ep. 1.

Was Duck Tales on sale already somewhere else?

Ah, but that's when the Saoirse Disorder comes into affect and you start collecting games. It no longer becomes about wanting games to play, it's about collecting them all, which will never stop. You will have to start worrying about what games won't even be sold on Steam any more.

Hey, now some Saoirse fans actually do play their games. JaseC is like a special exception, because he's like Lord or something.

I'm glad I didn't buy Bioschock Infinite at full price, I like it but it lacks the atmosphere of the first one and the gameplay of the second one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally put the finishing touches on Enhanced Steam 4.5 for Firefox. Time for sleeping.

With any luck, they'll review and approve the update within the next few days. I'll make an announcement when that happens, but if you want to use it in the mean time you can download it directly from this page.

Grabbed a Enclave key from that site, hopefully this works

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-1F917799C0649229 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

Hopefully the next set of dailys are better than current ones.

Tenrius

I got Fable 2 for free when xbox goofed a while back and enjoyed it except for the ending (granted i normally dont play those types of games), is fabel 3 really that bad?

The only thing I'm sure of is that the perfomance is pretty bad on PC. However, some people in these Steam threads were telling me that I should avoid the game.

Tak3n

Banned
Really surprised at the massive discounts being offered by Amazon et al on Battlefield 4, Christ here in the UK it went as low as £16

I wonder if sales have been poor, I would not of expected these kinds of deep discount for at least 9-12 months

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey, now some Saoirse fans actually do play their games. JaseC is like a special exception, because he's like Lord or something.

Haha, come to think of it, I've actually finished a few games this year:

- AssCreed 3's DLC (let's just say this counts as a quarter of a game)
- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider

I'm glad I didn't buy Bioschock Infinite at full price, I like it but it lacks the atmosphere of the first one and the gameplay of the second one.

On the subject of Infinite, MrOogieBoogie's tag is hilariously accurate:

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Just saying a big thanks to toddhunter for Spelunky.

I hope you enjoy surgeon simulator.

Ah didn't click that it was you. Thanks again.

I had a bit of a play of surgeon sim this afternoon. Can't say that it didn't make me smile. Such an absurd little game!

I've been good so far. I'm trying to resist and buy only the games that I know I will play. So far I've picked up Dark Souls. The other two things on my list are Duck Tales and Burial at Sea Ep. 1.

Was Duck Tales on sale already somewhere else?

GMG had 50%. So if anything might see that on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom