• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Really want Saints Row 4 and Bioshock Infinite but i got a good feeling both will received GOTY/Ultimate Editions. I made a exception on Batman: AO because Batman is fucken AWESOME.

Teknoman

Damn it I always say im gonna gift things to my Steam friends and I never do.

It's time for action.

...also anyone got some quick thoughts on State of Decay?

Also can Contagion beat that zombie GAF co-op itch? Had waaaaay too much fun back in the day with L4D series, Killing Floor, and our short stint in Dead Island.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Not really, it's one of my biggest disappointments of the generation considering how much I hyped it up on here, trying to get people to pay attention to it for months. I had to apologize for leading people astray with my lapse in judgement, I felt bad about it for a while. It was just another action game masquerading as a stealth title with stealth-lite mechanics.

Yet is still manages to be great.

If you don't own Bioshock Infinite yet and don't pick it up for 20 bucks, there's something wrong with you.

It is nothing special.

RM8

Okay I don't care if Escape Goat becomes a Flash Sale or Daily Deal, $3.5 is low enough for me. I have been wanting to buy it for aaaaages even before it made it to Steam. Now it's time :D

bought so far
La Mulana
Spelunky
Half Minute Hero
Super Meat Boy
Trine
Rogue Legacy
adding the steam card im getting tomorrow my remaining budget will be $24.11
custom ordering Giana+They Bleed+1 other game at midnight tommorrow
adding Guaca when it goes daily/flash
that will be 10 games for now

Grief.exe

I bought State of Decay the other day when it was $13.xx, but now it's $9.99, does Steam do price-matching?

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

Khronico

bought so far
La Mulana
Spelunky
Half Minute Hero
Super Meat Boy

Trine
Rogue Legacy

Ya done good.

My overall damage:
Hearts of Iron 3
Dominions 3

So far I've managed to restrain myself from spending too much money.

maty

bought so far
La Mulana
Spelunky
Half Minute Hero
Super Meat Boy
Trine
Rogue Legacy

iQz0RpZFjn54T.jpg

I would also recommend Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, Escape Goat, Dust, An Elysian Tail and the list goes on. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sell me on it. I keep hearing people mention it but I don't know why. It seems like some old dated dungeon crawlers to me. Are they still enjoyable?

Only played 8 since it's the best, and technically you're not really missing out. It's also the only game that doesn't feel dated.

It's DnD turned into an RPG with some alterations here and there. It has a really good race and class implications, a very deep system, and a much interesting progression. I've yet to see any RPG that mimics Wizardry 8's intricacy (as much as I like Legend of Grimlock, it's no Wizardry 8).

It's not really a dungeon cralwer per se since there's only like a few areas that are a dungeon. With that said it has plenty of monsters.

They're old, dated, hard as nails, incredibly deep, incredibly long dungeon crawlers. Do you think that sounds good? Then buy them.

I wouldn't say dated. Probably for 6 and 7, but not 8.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, after buying Dishonored GOTY (thank you, Steam pricing error) and Papa & Yo off IGS with the very last of my money, now I'm hankering after CS:GO for £3. Suffice to say, I can't justify it, even at three quid.

Thankfully, the Winter Sale is coming in less than three weeks, and the deals will be the same as this sale's, so I think I can hold myself back. I only want to try out Gun Game anyway.

maty

Okay I don't care if Escape Goat becomes a Flash Sale or Daily Deal, $3.5 is low enough for me. I have been wanting to buy it for aaaaages even before it made it to Steam. Now it's time :D

I would wait just in case, but yes Escape Goat is a great game indeed.

Tellaerin

Is vanilla Dishonored worth picking up, or is it one of those games that's not worth grabbing unless you can get it along with the DLC?

I just want a Deadly Premonition sale, and I missed Spelunky :( (And I wouldn't mind if Enslaved popped up, though I know is $9.99 on Amazon. Anyone know when that ends by chance? I couldn't find it:/)

One day, Saorise will stumble into these thteads and see all of the avatars, some with mustaches, some quaint and grey, some described as Scorcese Romulan.

And all she wants to know us if she should buy now or wait for the dailies.

BPoole

I got Guacamelee on PS3/VITA for 'free'. The game is fucken AWESOME. It's more of a Metroidvania than Dust.
Guacamelee is soooo good. I played Dust prior to it and was very impressed with that. My only complaint about Dust was the shallow combat. Guacamelee fixed that and has tons of chessy humor throughout the game to keep me entertained

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is vanilla Dishonored worth picking up, or is it one of those games that's not worth grabbing unless you can get it along with the DLC?

The DLC are nice extras to an already fun game that serves to let you do more with it's mechanics and get a bit more expansion to it's world story and character wise. They don't actually change or replace the main game. So feel free to get it on it's own, you'll have plenty to enjoy.

Dambrosi

Banned
Dust and Mark im waiting for flash/daily
Guaca is my priority atm
Metroidvanias ALWAYS come first
Oh yeah.

Waiting on Valdis Story: Abyssal City and Volgaar the Viking DDs or FSs. I may be skint, but I'm thinking three weeks ahead.

Yeah, the main game is self-contained, except for the Void Walker's Arsenal, which is just extra weapons and stuff anyway. The two big DLCs are separate stories altogether, so feel free to go for it if you want to buy the DLC later. That's the best way to do DLC, IMO - as side chapters of the original game story, not just stuff removed from the game before release to be sold later. Go Arkane (and irrational)!

rrs

If you don't own Bioshock Infinite yet and don't pick it up for 20 bucks, there's something wrong with you.

Game isn't worth that much + cheaper elsewhere

Really want Saints Row 4 and Bioshock Infinite but i got a good feeling both will received GOTY/Ultimate Editions. I made a exception on Batman: AO because Batman is fucken AWESOME.

SR4 100% is getting goty, Bioshock Infinite getting it within 5 years.

Boss Doggie

You guys should get Valdis Story. Pretty much an Igavania.

Guacamelee is soooo good. I played Dust prior to it and was very impressed with that. My only complaint about Dust was the shallow combat. Guacamelee fixed that and has tons of chessy humor throughout the game to keep me entertained

que

Also Dust isn't a metroidvania. At all. Same with Guacamelee. Felt more like a Gianna Sisters game.

Boss Doggie

The only metroidvania there is the map layout, same with Guacamelee lol

But then again I already made a thread about what I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom