• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
- KOTOR II, $4.99 (-50%)
- Train Simulator 2014, $9.89 (-82%)
- Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, $19.99 (-50%)
- Super Street Fighter IV AE, $7.49 (-75%)

Buy KOTOR II, everyone.

l2h2o2q.png

Why is it still 50%? That's what its been on sale all this time.

cicero

Yeah, I know, but like I said go big or don't go at all. I suppose my mega 17 High-to-mid end PC's office is a testament to that mindset. Much to my wife's chagrin at times...

Plus, it would make more money, which is the bottom line anyway. And I don't know how the voting system is "broken"? You see list of set games, vote for a game, get card. Even post on the wall suggesting votes and whatnot.
It wouldn't even make sense to take the short four day US based Thanksgiving Holiday and try to turn it into something as big as the regular Steam world recognized Christmas/Holiday sale that extends over the traditional period when young people are out of school. Your "go big or don't go at all" reasoning isn't too rational.

I don't really subscribe to the notion of x amount of hours in circulation equals a mandatory bottom price. Bunch of places and games we could list that come out and very quickly get huge sales discounts on various sites. Some even go on sale for a discount when first released. So it isn't blasphemous to suggest these games get those kinds of cuts. They probably sell more and make more money in these short term sales at those cheaper prices in the long term anyway. Simple economics.
I don't really buy into the idea of price reductions revolving around your personal sentiments instead of the evidence Valve has shown to developers about better ways to sustain or increase sales figures. Taking new games and reducing them down by 75% because you want cheap games? uhhh. Please stop.

Yeah, I'm aware, I was just being sort of a idiot. But love to see Valve say "you want in on the sale at all, you discount for 85%-95% off, period, or your cut off". Be a nice gesture anyway, in terms of shlocko publisher's always drawing that line.
Right. Fun for Valve to completely alienate the publishers and developers because it would be a "nice gesture". You are too drunk to be chatting here.

If you click on each individual page it gives you a different percentage. Train is like 85 percent off, that's probably a bug. SF4AE is 75 percent off.

It just takes time to update.

I know now.When I clicked before it didn't change. I thought I was mistaken at first but all the fighting games on my list are 50.... I wanted KOFXIII More though.... I need to buy a doggle either way lol

Talyn

KOTOR 2 at $4.99 is a terrible price. I looked back and I bought it for $2.49 during last year's Autumn sale. Da fuck are they doing?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KOTR 2 at $4.99 is a terrible price. I looked back and I bought it for $2.49 during last year's Autumn sale. Da fuck are they doing?

Disney fired everybody at LucasArts and installed "less than 10" stooges to oversee licensing agreements and tend to LA's pre-existing publishing affairs.

Well even after the posting fees those swedish FM deals are pretty neat, however I couldn't figure whether they ship out of Sweden and failed to register with them. Don't know whether I give it a go later on, still would love to get my hands on older FMs (I only have 10 and 14) sometime.

Nice to see a KOTOR daily but a shame that Star Wars Collection won't have the deals it has had in the past.

Edit: Oh, KOTOR1 isn't even on sale even if 2 is. Disney logic.

Deques

KOTOR 2 at $4.99 is a terrible price. I looked back and I bought it for $2.49 during last year's Autumn sale. Da fuck are they doing?

Disney wants you to pay more

I'm curious what the cost is to upgrade to Ultra SF4. I bet it will be $15-20.

The upgrade will cost 15 dollars
Source

Has Capcom said anything about removing GFWL? If not, I just won't bother.
They will remove GFWL in the Ultra edition

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has Capcom said anything about removing GFWL? If not, I just won't bother.

One person was told that GFWL will be removed from the relevant Capcom games; another was told that Capcom "[isn't] 100% sure what's going to happen". Ultra itself is going to use Steamworks, though, which means it'll be a separate app.

Lain

That Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes price feels so wrong, when I got it for 3.75€ yesterday off Gamersgate. Now, the 3.75€ was a mistake, and the real price was 7.49€, but still, even the correct price runs circles around the 18.49€ on Steam.
Plus, since I had it on my wishlist, I swear it's been 50% off from the start of the sale (there isn't a countdown below the discounted price for it), so did they forget to change the % even on the game's page for this flash deal?

Faabulous

One person was told that GFWL will be removed from the relevant Capcom games; another was told that Capcom "[isn't] 100% sure what's going to happen". Ultra itself is going to use Steamworks, though, which means it'll be a separate app.

Well, I'm not gambling on that. Guess I'll have to wait for Ultra to get into SF. Back to Skullgirls

Anteater

These sales suck, steam sale just shot itself in the foot.

Disney shot themselves in the foot too, publicly release split second on steam or you can kiss your business goodbye!

Talyn

Disney fired everybody at LucasArts and installed "less than 10" stooges to oversee licensing agreements and tend to LA's pre-existing publishing affairs.
Ah, Disney. Now it makes sense. Good thing I bought all the Star Wars games before that happened. Ah hell, what I never did get around to buying was the LucasArts Adventure Pack and of course now that's not discounted at all. Fucking Disney.

Teppic

Why can't I hold all these repeats?

The worst part was when people would vote for the mainstream games that have already been on sale multiple times, leaving some lesser known titles to rot.

The nightmares I had seeing Borderlands 2 over and over and over...
Wouldn't mind seeing Borderlands 1 or 2 on sale.

Jintor

Do we have a thread pointing out all the godly Amazon/elsewhere black friday deals now? Doing a compare and contrast with Steam stuff.

ArynCrinn

Banned
You are too drunk to be chatting here.

I'm never too drunk damnit!!! But yeah, I probably am. 23 Heineken's now on top of 8mg of Klonopin and 2 Valium. Still going strong baby! ;)

But yeah, man, I really do think short term -50% on Injustice or -75% on Risk of Rain or something would boost sales figures in the long term. First, they'd get eaten up like candy by everybody = MONEY, second they sustain word of mouth and increased userbase for a more viable games for newer buyers. Not that the netcode in Injustice would sustain word of mouth. :p And third, $50 bones for Injustice was far too high a price for a late port anyway, I doubt it's selling as well as it could at a lower price point.

And on your other point, your condescending and serious bidnis attitude aside, yeah, I think ALL sales would benefit from equal implementations of features. It brings the community together better, offers incentives, offers choice on a game for a sale and offers cards for the community to increase market flow. Makes just as much sense to do it for any "holiday sale" as another. Writing it off as an aside to the worldwide Xmas/Summer sales and ignoring minimizing the value of these things is pretty weak soup from my point of view.

So yeah, whatever, however, get cha pull, no more room for fun and all the rest of it. Nice, talking with you cicero, dude!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ah, Disney. Now it makes sense. Good thing I bought all the Star Wars games before that happened. Ah hell, what I never did get around to buying was the LucasArts Adventure Pack and of course now that's not discounted at all. Fucking Disney.

I passed on the adventure pack for YEARS when it was 50% off because I figured I could buy it later. Last sale I finally decided to bite and it was 33% off. Now it's not on sale at all. Will it ever see a sale again!? Damn Disney.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just a heads up that there's also some nice prices on the Humble Store...Gunpoint for $3.39, Vessel for $3.74.

I'm drunk, have a raffle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-45864B3C41A99E14 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 50 entrants total.

t1385895507z1.png

Dr Dogg

Either Rouge Legacy is fucking with me or I have the worst luck ever. Geed up in the opening tutorial septic toned shenanigans before starting the game proper and I was like "wow cool its like the opening drawbridge from SOTN" before getting stomped by a big skeleton in the very next room. So select my successor and blindingly run on through to what I thought was going to be the same room forgetting the Rouge part of the title and fall right into a pit of spikes. Cue the next hour of 3-4 rooms of progression and then failure.

This is certainly going to be and interesting morning.

Even though my wishlist has 30 or so on it I finally feel like Steam is no big deal anymore. Love the little deals but am glad that first couple years is over.

Ledsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom