• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
My drink of choice for the Autumn sale

eVW0vO2.jpg

I hope that is a jar of cider :)

Eador: Masters of the Broken World is 50% off at 8$. I could and probably should wait to see if it becomes a daily but I think I'll bite now. Been pretty curious about the game for a while and I've got 20$ in my steam wallet from selling dota hats.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I tried taking a picture of my drink, but it's black coffee in a clear mug in front of a black Vita and Snowball on a black desk. And it's dark because of the storm outside.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade your server?

I currently pay about $60 a month for dedicated hosting. This gets me a private virtual server that I can manage remotely. The next tier up is about $129 a month which would get a dedicated (non-virtual) server.

For reference, I receive approximately $10-$15 a month (on average) in donations.

TimmiT

Sonic Hits Collection (which includes every Sonic game on Steam) is 15 bucks now: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26498/

It's worth it for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Generations and the Sonic CD remastering. Maybe also for the original Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (though it doesn't have online) and Sonic Adventure 2 (for those who like it).

I thought Castle Story looked a little half-baked when I watched the trailer then I saw it's an early access game. Anybody have impressions? Even on sale I don't take kindly to paid beta access but if it's worthy (and as addictive as Dwarf Fortress) I might keep it on a wishlist for later.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How is A Machine for Pigs in comparison?

You'll want to play A Machine for Pigs for: An excellent story backed by strong environmental narrative with a lack of jump scares.

You'll want to play Outlast for: A disappointingly convoluted experience that relies entirely on jumps and pretty camera filters to disguise what is essentially a watered down cheap vodka. Also, penises.

In this cake's opinion, anyways.

All I'd need now after that steam sale is definitely some friendly GAFfers to point me in the right direction for those "patches" or "mods" that I have no idea to look for. :p

I am such in a new world right now with PC gaming, it's crazy. I heard there were tons and tons of mods that are all incredible for Skyrim, might be a few too for Sleeping Dogs, I don't know. I'm getting all excited at the possibilities that PC gaming will offer me in the future! oh man. CHEERS mates! Christmas starts now!

Divius

I still need to finish Amnesia, but I haven't played for so long I've totally forgotten the game mechanics and what my current objective is. I wandered around for a few minutes the other day but had no idea what I had to do. :(

Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses.

r3n4ud

Christ sakes. I was going to pick up Dead Sky when it was released a few days ago. Decided not to and low and behold , it's half off already. Talk about a quick drop lol

Tizoc

The latest updates for Castle of Illusion HD appear to have improved the frame rate as well as having it output at 1080p.

The_Monk

Christ sakes. I was going to pick up Dead Sky when it was released a few days ago. Decided not to and low and behold , it's half off already. Talk about a quick drop lol

Haven't seen you lately fellow GAFfer, hope it's all fine with you! :)

Ezra2680

I currently pay about $60 a month for dedicated hosting. This gets me a private virtual server that I can manage remotely. The next tier up is about $129 a month which would get a dedicated (non-virtual) server.

For reference, I receive approximately $10-$15 a month (on average) in donations.

Hmm, well that doesn't seem right. I may be able to help with that a little. Also, have you thought about doing something like reddit recently added as a tracker showing how much is needed to cover costs for the current month?

Wolfie5

Will try (NOTE: try) to be restrictive during this sale. I already have decent backlog.

Having said that, I will of course buy certain games I really want and will play straight away.
Bought DLC for The Walking Dead.

Depending on sales, hoping for good deal on HOMMVI, XCOM: Enemy within and Arkham Origins(Bought previous Arkham games on a Autumn sale, most likely here as well) and the Swapper.

Also, looks like I will be buying Brutal Legend, only 4,74€ and DLC for Mark of Ninja 2,49€ (but will wait in case of daily deal of course)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
All I'd need now after that steam sale is definitely some friendly GAFfers to point me in the right direction for those "patches" or "mods" that I have no idea to look for. :p

I am such in a new world right now with PC gaming, it's crazy. I heard there were tons and tons of mods that are all incredible for Skyrim, might be a few too for Sleeping Dogs, I don't know. I'm getting all excited at the possibilities that PC gaming will offer me in the future! oh man. CHEERS mates! Christmas starts now!

For Skyrim, you have two options

1.) Steam Workshop, which allows users to directly install mods through the steam client with little fuss. There are filesize and content limitations which leads to your second option.

2.) Skyrim Nexus. If you can't find it here, you can't find it anywhere. Every mod you'll ever need can be found here but most require manual installation. There is a nexus mod downloader but I am unaware of how well integrated with Skyrim mods it is.

Welcome to PC gaming, brother.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm, well that doesn't seem right. I may be able to help with that a little. Also, have you thought about doing something like reddit recently added as a tracker showing how much is needed to cover costs for the current month?

Feel free to PM me any details. I really like my host, and for all of the non-Steam-sale times they're really great. I actually get a pretty sweet dedicated virtual server for $60 that has a dedicated 1GB of RAM and unlimited bandwidth (of which I typically use about 25-30GB per month). I just wish they would let me temporarily scale my service way up when the big sales hit.

And I could do a tracker showing costs but really I don't want that to be the focus of the extension. I don't want to ever sound preachy to anyone, I just want to provide a great service and software that people like. :)

Divius

I finished The Walking Dead today for the second time, tried to make some different choices from the first time I played it (even though some of them went against my better judgement) to see if I could create a different experience for myself. In parts this worked, but I was disappointed to see certain events being inevitable.

Also jeez that final scene is tough.

Played a bit of the 400 Days DLC which has none of the emotional impact due to not having a bond with the people, but there are some interesting concepts in there nonetheless. Will probably finish it up tomorrow.

cool. although weird that you still had to do that, guessing they must have a server side flag that needs resetting.

more games!

Yeah I was thinking it's so you can't just put a billing address in there for the region you want then have it set itself to that region without confirming the details. Making a payment acts like a confirmation method I guess.

I hope that is a jar of cider :)

aQfdzjB.jpg

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I can't find too many games I'm interested in. Most of the games I seem to want I've already had on console or already have in my library. Maybe I'll just buy AC2 since I've played every AC(minus 4) except that.

The_Monk

All is well my friend. Working those overtime hours for the Christmas giving! Seems like every time I turn around I have a new nephew or niece to buy for ;)

Oh heeey there, big UNCLE! Hehe, joking ;)

Good to know. Don't forget to take some rest and I hope those overtime hours can be kindly rewarded!

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is already out? I had no idea. Guess I gotta wait for that Daily Deal now, though I'm not expecting much off the price if it even happens at all.

Steam sale fever. I've contemplated Skyrim Legendary since the sale started, even though I gave up on the vanilla game midway.

It's the cross-section of addiction and lunacy.

if you haven't done it yet you can visit community hubs of games (you can access it from the top right of the store page of a game or right hand side of your library when you have selected a game)
it includes a forum for that game, you can browse every screenshot and "artworks" (mostly gifs and other stuff) for it too, videos, guides and reviews
there's also a "workshop" tab which is essentially mod support throught steam, you subscribe to a mod and it automatically downloads and install it for you (some mods require more stuff to do, read their page)

when i'm bored i sometimes go see the artwork section of games i liked, most of the time it's weird stuff but there actually is some funny shit sometimes

here's skyrim workshop :
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850
here's every workshop on steam (some workshop like tf2 and dota aren't really mod support, you just vote for stuff to be added in the game) :
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop

if you're looking to do serious modding in skyrim workshop isn't that great (skyrim nexus is better) but for a couple enhancements it's actually all right, used it myself to get some ugly textures enhancement pack and better horses/merchants

Tomodachi

You know you're neglecting gaming when you discover about a major steam sale by chance :/
I'll probably ignore this one altogether and focus on Christmas time, maybe I'll get some more card money by then. Huge backlog etc.

okayfrog

Banned
Played a bit of the 400 Days DLC which has none of the emotional impact due to not having a bond with the people, but there are some interesting concepts in there nonetheless. Will probably finish it up tomorrow.

400 Days is nothing more than a teaser -- set-up, if you will -- for the second season.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Here ya go guys. Hope you enjoy them and if any problems reedeming PM me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Delver -- MB-6B6D52CB3A4B7FB8 - Taken by fantomena
Ms. Splosion Man -- MB-CAEDE60E7F468840 - Taken by Ezra2680
Portal -- MB-2714196CCB48F6DF - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-D89EFEF559C08CD9 - Taken by theMrCravens
Fable -- MB-2DF60BA4BB235EB9 - Taken by Shambles
Trine -- MB-931E1C62F2A95C81 - Taken by Saty

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I love how people are using my Drudge siren upload to imgur for their postings from the last thread. :lol

Steam now allows people to trade games now, it's very secure and faster than the old gifting system, there is also a steam
trading thread. bear note that items lower and rise in value depending if they go on sale or not (some tf2 items are quite
valuable try not to get ripped off! check prices!) & avoid trading a game for a CD key!

Wait, what? Links for this, how did this not have a thread on GAF!?

Hey man, is everything okay? It looks like you might have been trying to contribute something meaningful to this thread but instead you just copied and pasted my avatar. You might want to check if you have problems with your browser, or restart your computer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom