• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, now it won't let me buy it because it defaults to paying with my Steam wallet which has Australian dollars in it.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Considering I havn't had a PC for gaming forever until very recently, I must say: HOLY SHIT
It's my very first steam sale and wow, this is truely incredible deals.

What's super lucky is that I had just made a wishlist on steam about 2 weeks ago consisting of:
-Sleeping Sog
-Skyrim Legendary edition
-Far Cry3
-The Witcher 2
-Fallout 3/New Vegas
-Dark Souls
-The Witcher 2

Huh? I guess you mean The Witcher 1. Don't forget that one too.

Chavelo

Is anyone getting this error when purchasing with Paypal? Any way to get this fixed?

We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method.

I was able to buy Divekick yesterday, but now I'm not able to purchase anything at all. No rush at the moment since I just want to buy Rogue Legacy (a daily) so I have until tomorrow to get this fixed. :(

Dr Dogg

again, guys how is the new rise of the triad?

Only played 20 mins of SP so don't think I'm qualified to give a full opinion but within seconds your dual wielding pistols just like the original. Controls felt tight and still carry a great sense of speed. Though MP is where it's at with this game so can't really say until at least play a match or 2. I think Stallion said he played it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh god, now it won't let me buy it because it defaults to paying with my Steam wallet which has Australian dollars in it.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Didn't you move to the US months ago? I thought you would have asked Valve to change the region of your account.

WAIT FOR THE DAILIES YOU JASE AND XELIOS BASTARDS

Also I almost died when I saw the 121 games thing. For realz.

I explained myself!

The stuff falls into one or more of the following categories:

- Cheap enough (e.g. Risk)
- 60+% off (e.g. New Star Soccer 5)
- Not going to get any cheaper (e.g. Fast & Furious)
- Not discounted at all and never will be (e.g. the Sandlot crap)

Come Monday I might buy a few more things to get me to 2,100, but otherwise I'm done. Partly because I'm saving my pennies for the Winter Sale and partly because those 235 Steam keys I dolled out the other day took $150 out of my sale budget.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
this thread... are people just buying random shit

I still haven't tried a majority of the stuff I bought during the summer sale. I have at least 3 games I'll be buying before the week is over.

Who gives a fuck about a backlog?

belushy

Banned
Damn, I bet Space Engineers will hit 10 bucks. Still don't even have the cash for that. Being unemployed during steam sales are just... the worst.

sprinkles

Pretty happy with myself - just Rogue Legacy for me today. Will hold out for next month with Outlast and other -66% off games to see if they get -75% then. But then I added a bunch of -75% games to my wishlist to pick up on Tuesday..

Li Kao

Make sure you wait for daily deals until the last day, each game you listed will almost for sure be one sometime~

Hmm, yeah, about that.
I know very well that one shouldn't buy something during a steam sale before said something appears in a daily or it's the last day of the sale, but...
There are exceptions right ? I mean a Flash deal are always equal to dailies ?
And 75% off games are a low risk even if not in a daily or flash ?
Just to be clear, never hurt to ask.

FloatOn

Only played 20 mins of SP so don't think I'm qualified to give a full opinion but within seconds your dual wielding pistols just like the original. Controls felt tight and still carry a great sense of speed. Though MP is where it's at with this game so can't really say until at least play a match or 2. I think Stallion said he played it.

yeah I don't really care about the single player. I just want some modern arena death match action.

I should follow the golden rule here but the base price is pretty damn good.

Dr Dogg

yeah I don't really care about the single player. I just want some modern arena death match action.

I should follow the golden rule here but the base price is pretty damn good.

Well I got it for free with my new gfx card as part of a product wide EVGA promo so there might be some real cheap keys kicking around.

Make sure you wait for daily deals until the last day, each game you listed will almost for sure be one sometime~

? But, shouldn't I be getting at least Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim right now? Considering the major cut in price of 80% on Sleeping Dogs? Skyrim legendary edition is at 66% off too, making it 20,39$ instead of the usual 59,99$!!

Edit: Wait, I just got how it all works, lol thanks mate, I'll be sure to get my games whenever they are on the daily deal! Which Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim are on right now!

Didn't you move to the US months ago? I thought you would have asked Valve to change the region of your account.

In March, but they've been allowing me to just continue using my Australian credit card. I'm still working for my company back home, so all of the money I'm earning goes in there. My US card is part of a joint account held by my wife and I, and I don't really want to draw from that for games right now unless it's unavoidable.

I'm pretty sure that the region is just based on payment methods isn't it?

Considering I havn't had a PC for gaming forever until very recently, I must say: HOLY SHIT
It's my very first steam sale and wow, this is truely incredible deals.

What's super lucky is that I had just made a wishlist on steam about 2 weeks ago consisting of:
-Sleeping Sog
-Skyrim Legendary edition
-Far Cry3
-The Witcher 2
-Fallout 3/New Vegas
-Dark Souls
-The Witcher 2

I'm also taking any recommendation GAFfers have for me! I havn't played on PC for well, forever. I had a Xbox360/PS3 all last generation and now have a PS4.

Golden Rule: only buy games that go on a daily deal - hold out until the last day of the sale for all games you
wanted but did not get a daily deal.

Daily Deal? I have quite a lot of games on my wishlist already that are 50/60 or even 80% off (Sleeping Dogs), Am I understanding right in that I should actually wait before buying it?

stuff you see on the front page are discounted even further than what they are during the rest of the sale (which goes from today to the 2nd december). each day a new set of games is discounted for 48hrs, the store page is updated for that occasion

if you scroll down the page you'll also see flash deals which discounts more games every 8 hours
some games may be discounted several times as daily or flash
daily/flash discounts are as low as a game is gonna get and if a game is discounted as a flash and a daily during the sale, the discount will be the same for both so once you see a game you want in either a flash or a daily you can go ahead

stuff you see on the front page are discounted even further than what they are during the rest of the sale (which goes from today to the 2nd december). each day a new set of games is discounted for 48hrs, the store page is updated for that occasion

if you scroll down the page you'll also see flash deals which discounts more games every 8 hours
some games may be discounted several times as daily or flash
daily/flash discounts are as low as a game is gonna get and if a game is discounted as a flash and a daily during the sale, the discount will be the same for both so once you see a game you want in either a flash or a daily you can go ahead
Thank you, this was great help!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In March, but they've been allowing me to just continue using my Australian credit card. I'm still working for my company back home, so all of the money I'm earning goes in there. My US card is part of a joint account held by my wife and I, and I don't really want to draw from that for games right now unless it's unavoidable.

I'm pretty sure that the region is just based on payment methods isn't it?

I believe your Wallet region is based on the store you originally purchased from. I was experimenting with this theory the other day and couldn't buy Call of Doggy from Steam US despite my Wallet funds being in USD and enough in number to cover the cost (not that I actually wanted the game; it was just for testing purposes).

Sajjaja

I can finally buy Terraria.

ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

RedSwirl

Okay I'm gonna take people's word on Divine Divinity. It's probably not going below $2. I'm gonna be going on an odyssey of isometric RPGs (never played any before) pretty soon anyway.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta

They have a lot of HD work to do from the Xbox/GC era alone.

I really wish they would. Be quite nice to finally put up my Xbox 360 for storage/collection purposes (in case someday I want to play them again and digital distribution no longer allows such a thing) and have some extra space for other devices and/or cute kitten.

I believe your Wallet region is based on the store you originally purchased from. I was experimenting with this theory the other day and couldn't buy Call of Doggy from Steam US despite my Wallet funds being in USD and enough in number to cover the cost (not that I actually wanted the game; it was just for testing purposes).

Oh okay, I just meant in general. It's been showing me 'merican Steam since I moved here; that's just like Strayan Steam but bigger and with more guns. Well either way, I bought a different game using my US card and then tried again. Now I'm the proud owner of history's greatest murder simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom