• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Skyrim, you have two options

1.) Steam Workshop, which allows users to directly install mods through the steam client with little fuss. There are filesize and content limitations which leads to your second option.

2.) Skyrim Nexus. If you can't find it here, you can't find it anywhere. Every mod you'll ever need can be found here but most require manual installation. There is a nexus mod downloader but I am unaware of how well integrated with Skyrim mods it is.

Welcome to PC gaming, brother.

if you haven't done it yet you can visit community hubs of games (you can access it from the top right of the store page of a game or right hand side of your library when you have selected a game)
it includes a forum for that game, you can browse every screenshot and "artworks" (mostly gifs and other stuff) for it too, videos, guides and reviews
there's also a "workshop" tab which is essentially mod support throught steam, you subscribe to a mod and it automatically downloads and install it for you (some mods require more stuff to do, read their page)

when i'm bored i sometimes go see the artwork section of games i liked, most of the time it's weird stuff but there actually is some funny shit sometimes

here's skyrim workshop :
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850
here's every workshop on steam (some workshop like tf2 and dota aren't really mod support, you just vote for stuff to be added in the game) :
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop

if you're looking to do serious modding in skyrim workshop isn't that great (skyrim nexus is better) but for a couple enhancements it's actually all right, used it myself to get some ugly textures enhancement pack and better horses/merchants

Thanks for help guys! If PC gamers shows to be half as helpful and friendly as you guys, I'll have a blast on PC!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This has been a feature for a really long time.

Yes, for cards/hats/etc. But games? You can remove them from your library to trade? Or is it like the gift passes where it sits there if you buy a gift copy.

Because if it's the later: Meh. If it's the former, holy shit #ithappened.gif on being able to "trade in" games to other people?

Jet Set Radio is only $2.50. Everybody buy it and maybe Sega will decide its worth it to do Skies of Arcadia HD.

please give me JSRF HD sega

VyD5wZx.gif

Any chance of seeing Rome II Total War in a daily?

I think it has a strong chance being a daily. Hoping for it too as it probably cheapens the prices of Shogun 2 / Total War Collection which I'm more eyeing.

Bought Flyingbundle and Indieroyale, game count has risen from 465 to 477 since the sale started. Pretty nice start, even if bought dozens of games I don't have a clue what they are. Skyrim Legendary Edition pleases me tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is anyone else getting this error?

For the past 10 mins or so, I've been trying to purchase Skyrim - Legendary Edition with my Steam wallet, but I keep getting this error. :(

If you added a new credit card or funded your wallet with a credit card it tends to happen to me. Give it 30-45 mins and you should be fine.

Is anyone else getting this error?

For the past 10 mins or so, I've been trying to purchase Skyrim - Legendary Edition with my Steam wallet, but I keep getting this error. :(

If you added a new credit card or funded your wallet with a credit card it tends to happen to me. Give it 30-45 mins and you should be fine.

Or if the game isn't available in your country that's the message that you'll receive!

We're I'm from it's the spring sale :).

Might pick up Skyrim. Have always wanted to see what the fuss was all about. For those that have played it, do you think it's worth it to get the Legendary Edition?

Anyone else finding themselves picking up cheap little indie games while waiting for the dailies? I just bought 140 and Bleed, they both seem great.

Also, it's strange to see Skyrim FINALLY at a reasonable price. That game resisted good discounts for much longer than most games.

feel

$7.50 seems good for Skyrim. Any crazy gameplay mods out there that fix the loot and the other main gameplay complaints making the whole experience deeper and more respectable? I don't want just a walk in the pretty nordic forests simulator.

If the game isn't available, it doesn't appear at all.

In my case I had a problem with Dark Sector, it's available in the Store, but when I wanted to buy it the same message showed up, so I contacted Steam Support and they told me that the game isn't available in my country and that must be a bug that the game is showing in my store... strange!

Yeah, I just added money to my wallet from a Sapphire prepaid reward card I had lying around. I give it a hour or so before I try it again.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a question concerning the daily deals: Is the daily deal only the 9 games that are shown on the high part of the front page? Or does it also consist of all the game shown a bit lower in the "less than 5$", "less than 10$" etc lists? Because I'm seing State of Decay at 13,39$ and The Witcher 2 at 9,99$ which are very tempting, but I also don't wanna buy them right now if there,s any chance for them to go even lower in prices!

general steam question but ill ask it here:

I have my steam friends list set to automatically sign me in at start up, but yet it never seems to do so. I have to manually click on friends and then hit the sign in button. Is this an issue for anyone else?

well last time i custom order games same month as a sale
coulda gotten terraria for 2.49 instead of 9.99
meh live and learn i guess
btw where does the community vote for community choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom