• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Fuck, moving to another country messes Steam up pretty badly.

Manhunt is banned in Australia, and I've been wanting it to complete my Rockstar classics collection for quite a while. Now that I live in Florida, I should be able to buy it right? I mean, nothing in the game is any worse than what you'd see going out for a night on the town in Orlando. Anyway, when I open Steam it's all "oh hi, I see from your IP you live in the US!" and let's me add it to my cart. Then if I go to buy it, because my saved credit card is Australian it says "whoah, I'll just change currencies because you could be trying to pull a fast one" and in the process removes Manhunt from my cart.

I actually have a credit card with a US address too, but it won't let me enter the information before it removes it from the cart. I think I can probably buy something on that card which is available in both regions first to force it to switch me to the US version, so it's possible to work around it despite being annoying.

Oh and for the record, whenever it switches countries the background on the homepage swaps between Autumn and Spring =D
you can manage your cards from your account...top right. just delete the Australian one and you should be good.

you can manage your cards from your account...top right. just delete the Australian one and you should be good.

Fixed it already doing that, but cheers! You do have to make one payment with it first, but then you're good to go with buying from the other region.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh okay, I just meant in general. It's been showing me 'merican Steam since I moved here; that's just like Strayan Steam but bigger and with more guns. Well either way, I bought a different game using my US card and then tried again. Now I'm the proud owner of history's greatest murder simulator.

Oh, yeah, there's no general account region; as you say, Wallet aside, it's based on payment method. Valve's apparently removed the IP restriction as I had no issues getting to the final checkout screen when purchasing from Steam AU while using either a US or UK VPN.

gabbo

I have to ask, because my backlog is ever growing and I'm budgeting myself to like, $25 total for the sale, maybe $20.

Outlast, worth it for $7 bucks?
And CK2 on humble might eat all of that up on its own as I've been holding out on that for ages.

Bought Skyrim: Legendary Edition as my 10th game of this sale. Cost more than the first 9 combined. 13,50€ so cheaper than in US (20$) actually, thanks Gaben.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Sweet, $20.39 for Skyrim with all the DLC! I was waiting forever for Skyrim alone to be less than $15, so this is a great deal. Now I can finally play the RPG that can't possibly be better than Dark Souls. Maybe I'll pick up Outlast as well.

That Skyrim DLC pricing... why would they do that when getting the Legendary Edition turns out much cheaper?!

For if you already have most of the other game parts, probably.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Rogue Legacy is one of the best games of the year.

That's all I have to say.

I agree with this statement. If you're even remotely interested in metroidvanias or roguelikes, buy this now.

Omikron

Fixed it already doing that, but cheers! You do have to make one payment with it first, but then you're good to go with buying from the other region.
cool. although weird that you still had to do that, guessing they must have a server side flag that needs resetting.

more games!

Tehalemi

I will wait for daily deals.

I will wait for daily deals...

DmrSwj6.gif

Gameboy415

Oh man, I was wondering if Steam would have a BF/Autumn sale!

Just got:

Crysis/Crysis Warhead ($7.49)
Earthworm Jim 1-3 ($4.99)
Trine ($0.99)

Woohoo! :)

Cody_D165

Banned
Just under an hour left on my little mini-giveaway :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-A3B279F4C403D58D - Taken by Nymphae. 35 entrants total.

t1385587874z1.png

Nymphae

Banned
I agree with this statement. If you're even remotely interested in metroidvanias or roguelikes, buy this now.

I bought it at full price sometime around the last sale, and it really didn't grab me, I feel like I'm the only one. It seems way too hard at the start and there isn't much of a plot to keep me intrigued. Admittedly I only played it for about an hour. Waiting for the Vita version to try and get back into it.

Papytendo

Did someone say Steam sale?

What about Origin?
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 ORIGIN keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-BD1C1239D10C4B76
Mirror's Edge -- MB-5B2F055408615A2C
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-94079B04A82A294F
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F83D97F04CB46BFB
Medal of Honor -- MB-DC8A171F92D3E78D
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-735BF1753F2EF887

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is something up with Enhanced Steam? DRM info doesn't seem to be showing.

DRM info should be showing, but the API server is still crashing hard. This will effect things like price histories, DRM categorizations, Widescreen certifications, and HowLongToBeat information.

I'll repost what I said on the base steam thread:

Brothers!
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when Steam fails! But it is not this day!
A day may come when we forsake our games and break all bonds of currency! But it is not this day!
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of master race comes crashing down!
But it is not this day! This day we buy! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the GAF!

BeesEight

That Skyrim DLC pricing... why would they do that when getting the Legendary Edition turns out much cheaper?!

They've been doing that since the Legendary Edition was released. I've been waiting for over a year now for the DLC to go on a bigger sale than 50%. At this point, I'll just grab the Legendary edition when it goes 75%.

Well played Bethesda. I'll never get your games on launch again.

Ezra2680

DRM info should be showing, but the API server is still crashing hard. This will effect things like price histories, DRM categorizations, Widescreen certifications, and HowLongToBeat information.

Out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on how much it would cost to upgrade your server?

rtcn63

How is A Machine for Pigs in comparison?

I've tried both, disappointed by both. Outlast becomes repetitive and irritating once you actually start the the fetch questing with enemies around, and AMFP just tests your patience for solving basic puzzles in the hard-to-see dark.

$2.79!!!!
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING GUYS
I CAN FEEL IT
IM GONNA PLAY DAIKATANA

Wait you said p..play? You mean like actually playing the game?! I think this guy has some kind of illness I'm afraid.

I guess its possible he just typoed "BUY". We can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom