• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I'm ready for today's price error... I mean, daily deals.

I'm starting to think those aren't errors. I'm wondering if they don't deliberately slip an occasional pricing "mistake" or two into these sales to keep everyone glued to the keyboard in hopes of catching one. >.>

Help me out folks. I have a crappy laptop not at all designed to play games, but I want an under $10 game or two. No mouse, so I prefer games that are easily played with just keyboard or aren't at least aren't at all twitchy. I know that's a lot of restrictions, but anywho, I was looking at Spelunky and/or Rogue Legacy. Are there any outstanding turn-based strategy or tower defense games on sale? I have Civ V and Tropico, enjoy them both. What do you experts think?

I'm in the same situation as you (well, i have a mouse, but I don't usually plug it in) and some of my favourite games for this are:

Spelunky
Super Meat Boy (I know you are discourage from using using the keyboard, but I like using it).
Typing of the Dead (if your specifications are high enough)
FTL
The Binding of Isaac (highly recommended)
Super Hexagon

Since you have Civilization 5, I might also suggest Galactic Civilisations 2 and Crusader Kings 2 (if this interests you, I still haven't put in enough time to learn how to play it).

Decado

It's not like Civ for the third time, it has elements in common, but there are many games with building that aren't Civs.
It has quite a lot of SRPG elements, combat may be a bit basic, but not really bad or anything, and you have to be willing to do management of your cities. If you like games like King's Bounty, HoMM, Eador, Disciples and alike, you probably will like it.
Only keep in mind you want Legendary Heroes no less.

edited: forgot something, interface is a bit strange and takes time to get used to.

So does this mean don't get Fallen Enchantress, wait for Legendary Heroes?

Li Kao

I'm starting to think those aren't errors. I'm wondering if they don't deliberately slip an occasional pricing "mistake" or two into these sales to keep everyone glued to the keyboard in hopes of catching one. >.>

Maybe a little on the paranoid side but I definitely could see it. After all we all see it works.

IIRC, AC games tend to be poorly optimized. Ubisoft just ain't bout dat life.

Ugh, now I'm starting to experience first hand Ubisoft's brilliant PC ports. Between all the glitches, Uplay, and it running my PC hard. I'm having a bad experience. The game is still fun at the moment though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I really doubt it's intentional. I believe it's usually the result of the new discount being applied while the older, store-wide discount wasn't removed yet, so it's a 50% + 75% case, but it DOES happen a lot.

Turfster

Daily
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist 50%
  • Rome II 50%
  • Chivalry 75%
  • Forced 50%
  • Witcher 2 75%
  • Shadowrun 55%
  • Amnesia a machine for pigs 50%
  • Borderlands 2 75%
  • Arkham City GOTY 75%
Flash
  • Serious Sam 3 90%
  • Dead Space 2 75%
  • Max Payne 3 80%
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger 6%

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hmmm, Borderlands 2 is on the Daily Deals but not the GOTY. Does that mean the GOTY will be on a Daily Deal separately?

gabbo

Only MP3 of any interest.
So, as a fan of MP 1 and 2, I've held off on getting this. How does it stack up GAF and is it worth it for $10?

Derrick01

Banned
Are those splinter cell and rome 2 deals for real? I'm assuming even if it's a mistake they'll both only be 50% off, which is too high for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom