• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

What the fuck is it with the flash deals ? I thought I saw a game I haven't in there (1 black 3 green), then all green, then 1 blue 3 green... (using enhanced steam with the colors)

People will never learn, even in here. Surprising, but what can you do.

It's almost surreal to see people surprised every sale change.

Disappointed of the Total War sales really - other games from the franchise are not more heavily discounted. Maybe next year I'll get the Total War collection then..

Hm the only thing tempting today is that Gunslinger jobbie. Then I saw it was by Ubisoft and had my usual Uplay flashbacks. Oddly enough it didn't seem so "tempting" anymore.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn why the moment I go to rebuy SSF4AE on steam at the last minute(1min50secs left) along with some other games Steam tells me it can't load my cart at this time :(? Is lord gaben trying to tell me something?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mount and Blade is awesome, would I enjoy Chivalry?

Well, it's not the same kind of FOR THE ORDEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

AGATAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH

*cough* *cough* sorry

Chivalry is Multiplayer Focused. Mount and Blade had Single Player elements. Chivalry is amazing.

Disappointed in the sales? Have a raffle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-45864B3C41A99E14

t1385895507z1.png

Chris R

Is Witcher 2 worth it on PC if I own the 360 version? Outside of the graphical differences that is.

And again, I'd be down for Borderlands 2 but damn that GOTY edition needs a bigger cut!

nbthedude

Forced looked neat so I'm in for a 4 pack to share with friends.

I hope it's good. Full controller support won me over. I like playing these kinds of games with a controller.

nbthedude

Is Witcher 2 worth it on PC if I own the 360 version? Outside of the graphical differences that is.

And again, I'd be down for Borderlands 2 but damn that GOTY edition needs a bigger cut!

There is a big official mod that improves the combat that's pretty cool.

An-Det

The Borderlands 2 dlc is all still 33% off. Maybe I'll get the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 during the Xmas sale then, was hoping it'd be cheaper, that's the only non-cosmetic dlc I need.

Solid deals overall though, especially that MP3 one. Hopefully Blacklist is 75% during the spring/summer sale, it's only 3 months old still too early to expect more than half off for now.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Are there any Steam sale trading cards this time around?

The only thing I want from this sale is Shadow Warrior, and that should be on Monday.

Tellaerin

Daily
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist 50%
  • Rome II 50%
  • Chivalry 75%
  • Forced 50%
  • Witcher 2 75%
  • Shadowrun 55%
  • Amnesia a machine for pigs 50%
  • Borderlands 2 75%
  • Arkham City GOTY 75%
Flash
  • Serious Sam 3 90%
  • Dead Space 2 75%
  • Max Payne 3 80%
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger 6%

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

MutFox

Banned
Which Max Payne 3 version should I get?

Regular for 3.99
or Complete for 6.99

Do I even need the DLC?

Is it good multiplayer or is it p2p?
Was wondering, because I could also gift it to someone...

Li Kao

Ok, as much as I would like more lore, for a simple pdf and a soundtrack I think Shadowrun Returns dev can sit on my purchase. I understand you got to pay the writers and the music guys, but double the price ? Come on, that's just milking the fans.

Barzul

Contemplating buyer the Witcher 2 for Steam even though I own it outside of Steam. Been meaning to play through it again, and achievements would be nice.

Yeah I wanted to get it to see if it's actually a good stealth game or people on here are once again saying an action game (like dishonored) is a good stealth game, but it needs to be $15 or less.

IMO it's a mix of old splinter with some mechanics from conviction. Playing on perfectionist from the start made it feel more like old splinter and Grim's side missions bring back the whole if your spotted mission over element as well.

I don't know if the MP is still popular but it was also pretty fun as well.

Maybe check out if Binding of Isaac looks interesting to you, I highly recommend it.

Thank you, for $2.49 and so many recommendations it's an easy call. I'm about to snag it.

How on Earth do you play Civ V without a mouse!!?

My laptop's touchpad does the trick.

I hear FTL is pretty good...

Great suggestion. I already have and love it. Wonderful game, so fucking hard.

I'm in the same situation as you (well, i have a mouse, but I don't usually plug it in) and some of my favourite games for this are:

Spelunky
Super Meat Boy (I know you are discourage from using using the keyboard, but I like using it).
Typing of the Dead (if your specifications are high enough)
FTL
The Binding of Isaac (highly recommended)
Super Hexagon

Since you have Civilization 5, I might also suggest Galactic Civilisations 2 and Crusader Kings 2 (if this interests you, I still haven't put in enough time to learn how to play it).

Again, thank you so much. I think I might go Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, AND Rogue Legacy. Not sure yet though.

^_^x Yashiro

Neo Member
Sorry to post this here but need help buying SSF4AE from Steam is at $7.50 :(

KOFXIII is available from here and that willl be a sure purchase for me too, $15 is a good price :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom