• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizza

I've had my eye on Forced since it came out last month. Anyone have an opinion on if it's worth the $7.50 if I'll mostly just play it by myself?

And does Max Payne 3 install at 32GB and then dump some of that HD space, or is that actually how large the game is?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Picked up Max Payne 3 and Gunslinger

Steam wallet getting a little lean, might have to make some rough choices pretty soon

The_Monk

For those fellow GAFfers considering Shadowrun Returns I already finished the game couple of months ago so I'll post some quick impressions:

I finished the game in about 15 Hours (was expecting more). The game have a great atmosphere to be honest, I loved the art style with the futuristic characters and the narration is quite good, some conversations reads like a book.

You can't Save your game when you want but only when entering new areas. There are quite a few different ways to build your characters based on how you want to approach the game. I went for a non-violent type of character that could get away from a sticky situation by persuading but when the battle was inevitable Shotgun was my weapon of choice. Very satisfying! There are main quests and side quests. Some quest have extra stuff for you to do but it's optional.

Some people reported quite some bugs and glitches. I experienced only one while others experience many and some, none. My problem was near the end of the game when some action was not happening on a certain mission. I had to replay at least one-two hours but it could be worst since some people had game-breaking bugs, which is terrible. I have no idea how improved the game is right now since I never updated after finishing it.

You can hire some characters so you can have a team to fight, there's various combinations of weapons and magic to use.

I might be missing something, but if you are tempted, and I can help, then please, let me know and ask away.

mrgone

for MAx payne 3, only buy the season pass, not the DLC ..

I was wondering about that, if the DLC was all just multiplayer junk. Hm, also it's 1 penny more for the complete pack than the game + season pass, but I can't tell if there's any benefit to buying the complete pack over just the game and season pass.

edit: Yup, the complete pack and game + season pass are exactly the same.

Just want to leave some feedback on games I have bought and *shock* played so far.

Test Drive Ferrari, I did not know this was GFWL so a heads up to those who dislike it, the game seems to want a lot of power for what I would call average look in visuals, has that NFS shift style slide every time you turn the car but for £3 it's a great racer, so far.

Galaxy on Fire 2, played the iOS version across a 2g touch, 4g touch, iPhone 5 and an iPad 2, game is amazing and feels the same here but having true controller support for ship controls is lovely, easily hitting 60fps at 1080 on my now ages core2duo and gtx 260, also a great shooty spacey adventure-ish game, buy it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Borderlands 2 RU + DLC comes to roughly USD$45.

I think I'll wait for 66% off. In the meantime, though, I'll pick up the headhunter DLC for the ROW version.

Edit: Oh, it's only 33% off. Bugger that.

Zia

I am legit confused at the yog bundle happenings

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a mistake and under construction. No keys up yet. Also, I have a feeling that this is the Sonic Racing-related surprise which is a huge fucking bummer if so.

JerC

Hate when I go to buy a game only for steam to tell me I already own it.

Then I almost bought Arkham City even though I got it in the humble bundle. Must really redeem that code before I buy it again.

maty

Anyone willing to grab me Max Payne 3 + Season Pass? Will paypal.

I can do it, but you would need to send a few extra cents for the paypal tax, since I can not receive money as gift. At least is a little cheaper in my store. Let me know if still interested

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doesn't seem like it's supposed to go live yet. You can only access it with the link, not on the main page.

I purchased it and there are no Steam keys. Sadface

feel

What is the minimum?
22367acef1dabd885a7f79722296c49e60cf865e.jpg

Looks like $1, the image above appears if you try to donate less.

Plus the best thing about being here on Humble is that we can now give you guys back something extra - games! We've been lucky enough to have the support of some amazing game developers who've shared keys to reward the early participants of the Dwarven Dairy Drive!

I'm not sure keys are guaranteed - this this is 100% for charity.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
YOG have answered multiple times on the stream as I was purchasing that keys will come for those who purchase 'eventually', apparently getting hamered and from what I can tell it sounds like they were just getting everything set-up as they just set this up sometime over Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

feel

There's no BTA mentioned anywhere so far, so if they'll implement it later it's likely they will give the full bundles to people who paid $1 before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom