• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

For those fellow GAFfers considering Shadowrun Returns I already finished the game couple of months ago so I'll post some quick impressions:

I finished the game in about 15 Hours (was expecting more). The game have a great atmosphere to be honest, I loved the art style with the futuristic characters and the narration is quite good, some conversations reads like a book.

You can't Save your game when you want but only when entering new areas. There are quite a few different ways to build your characters based on how you want to approach the game. I went for a non-violent type of character that could get away from a sticky situation by persuading but when the battle was inevitable Shotgun was my weapon of choice. Very satisfying! There are main quests and side quests. Some quest have extra stuff for you to do but it's optional.

Some people reported quite some bugs and glitches. I experienced only one while others experience many and some, none. My problem was near the end of the game when some action was not happening on a certain mission. I had to replay at least one-two hours but it could be worst since some people had game-breaking bugs, which is terrible. I have no idea how improved the game is right now since I never updated after finishing it.

You can hire some characters so you can have a team to fight, there's various combinations of weapons and magic to use.

I might be missing something, but if you are tempted, and I can help, then please, let me know and ask away.

To get shadow run or not....that is the question. I love the 90's isometric rpg era

I posted my impressions in the last page fellow GAFfer, not sure if it helps.

kulapik

The Yogscast thing is... seriously fucked up at the moment.
THERE ARE NO GAME KEYS YET

I guess it wasn't supposed to go up yet, since humble twitter hasn't posted it yet. But seriously, top 100 contributors? WB bundle video? LOL

By the way...

Plus the best thing about being here on Humble is that we can now give you guys back something extra - games! We've been lucky enough to have the support of some amazing game developers who've shared keys to reward the early participants of the Dwarven Dairy Drive!

what does that mean?

Every time I refresh the page Borderlands 2 changes from $12.49 to $7.49 and then back again. And there is no "add to cart button" in both web browser and ios app. Anyone seen this problem before?

Grief.exe

I'll probably spring for Call of Juarez Gunslinger...
But I really want to pick up Last Light and Shadow Warrior....
But everyone says Gunslinger is short and perfectly paced...

To get shadow run or not....that is the question. I love the 90's isometric rpg era

Keep in mind, Wasteland 2 is about to be released.

mrgone

Is Shadowrun good? I remember that it had it's problems.

The biggest issue was the save system - it'd only save at the beginning of a chapter, so if you didn't complete the entire chapter you'd start at the beginning the next time you played. They're supposedly fixing that with the DLC, which if I'm remembering correctly is standalone and the original campaign will have the save anywhere functionality added when that's released.

Decado

Yogscast Humble Bundle

• Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Chivalry
  • Shank 2
  • Torchlight
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars

THERE ARE NO GAMES YET, IT WENT UP EARLY

This one looks odd. Page doesn't display correctly. Seems to be humble bundle yet not. What do you have to pay? Are there tiers?

Ah, missed the edit.

KingKong

The biggest issue was the save system - it'd only save at the beginning of a chapter, so if you didn't complete the entire chapter you'd start at the beginning the next time you played. They're supposedly fixing that with the DLC, which if I'm remembering correctly is standalone and the original campaign will have the save anywhere functionality added when that's released.

when is the DLC coming out?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
These predominantly 50% off sales being dailies are kind of a joke.
Better than 17% though

Melted77

Just noticed that TF2 keys are selling for around $2.01 on the marketplace. These are good for those who trade with Russian sellers.

schwupp

first time buying a humble bundle. i created an account and claimed the page - i dont see any games / keys. what am i missing?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, I recall a BL and BL2 bundle in Amazon with a cheaper or exact price.

With that said... it's BL.

Yeah, the Yogcast one doesn't have download links yet.

Also: Max Payne 3 is cheaper on Amazon, at least for euro people (with DLC for 6,99 dollars=

Turfster

first time buying a humble bundle. i created an account and claimed the page - i dont see any games / keys. what am i missing?
THE YOGSCAST HUMBLE BUNDLE WENT UP EARLY AND HAS NO GAMES YET

Fedelias

I'm on the fence about buying Dishonored. Worth getting GOTY or is the DLC not good enough to justify paying ~7 dollars more than normal edition?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm on the fence about buying Dishonored. Worth getting GOTY or is the DLC not good enough to justify paying ~7 dollars more than normal edition?

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are definitely worth it.

Ensirius

I bought the yogscast bundle, got the email, but on the link provided there are no keys...

Sigh, I can't read

kulapik

That bundle definitely wasn't supposed to come up today, I would say that even this week. The twitch video came up 45 minutes ago and was a test, so who knows.

cicero

Yogscast Humble Bundle

• Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Chivalry
  • Shank 2
  • Torchlight
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars

THERE ARE NO GAMES YET, IT WENT UP EARLY

hmm. This special Humble Bundle "WAR child" charity had better be about training and arming children.

NcyZZ9l.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom