• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wonder what's going on at Valve. This, the daily bait-and-switch deals, the Dishonored screwup yesterday.... They need to hire better people.

tumblr_lvaxgsV5zS1qgy87x.gif

Revenant

Anyone care to give an opinion on Rome 2 and/or A Machine For Pigs

I know Rome 2 had a rough launch, but I'm a big fan of the series, is it relatively stable now?

As for Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, it seemed like it was a bit of a letdown as it seemed to become more linear and narrative based and less of a game.

so 2 new editions of a franchise, 2 letdowns, should I buy one or the other, both, neither?

Dr Dogg

I think I can scrounge together $8.50 for the Shadowrun DDE.

And I thought my finances were haphazard until payday. Thankfully my bank are an odd bunch and don't present debit card payments for 3 days so I can go nuts even if I'm plotless just as long as I'll have funds in the bank in 3 working days time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And I thought my finances were haphazard until payday. Thankfully my bank are an odd bunch and don't present debit card payments for 3 days so I can go nuts even if I'm plotless just as long as I'll have funds in the bank in 3 working days time.

Well, $8.50 isn't go to break the bank and the money won't be released to PayPal until Monday, which is when I get paid, but I've already spent more than I'd earmarked for the sale. Shadowrun has long interested me, though, and less than $10 for the DDE (not that I'm actually interested in the bonus content) is the right price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see a discount like that as a promotion for the DLC in Jan

It's not going to jump from 55% off to 75% off in such a short amount of time (remember that the 55% discount will repeat during the Winter Sale). The game didn't go on sale until four months after release and the discount was only to the tune of 33%. I'd expect 66%, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the current discount is just repeated or there's a slight bump up to 60% considering the Winter Sale encroaches into January slightly.

derExperte

How does the coop in SC Blacklist work? Can I randomly join up with someone? Are there people still playing? Not that the discount is all that great but i looks like not much of what I really want is getting daily deals, so....

Silky

Banned
Fuck, it sucks having no money...I really wanted MP3.

Still, got the Yogscast bundle. I don't really want it, so when it's live I'll probably give it to someone who wants it. :p (Or whoever wants to trade for it for a MP3 gift c:)

mrgone

I've heard it's quite the terrible game.

Vin Diesel is so awesome that he can fight people with his car.

It's not going to jump from 55% off to 75% off in such a (relatively) short amount of time. The game didn't go on sale until four months after release and the discount was only to the tune of 33%. I'd expect 66%, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the current discount is just repeated considering the Winter Sale encroaches into January slightly.

That's something - it is pretty close to the winter sale. Potentially a slightly better discount in a pack with the DLC at the time of release.

Dr Dogg

Well, $8.50 isn't go to break the bank and the money won't be released to PayPal until Monday, which is when I get paid, but I've already spent more than I'd earmarked for the sale. Shadowrun has long interested me, though, and less than $10 for the DDE (not that I'm actually interested in the bonus content) is the right price.

Hahaha. Well to be fair I've been quite restrained this sale and I've not quite caught the madness that you and Xel have of buying multiple copies of the same game only to sit proudly in your collections (though resistance is futile, well all get there some day). I'm struggling to see how the winter sale is only going to carry the same discounts, what with it lasting 3 times as long. Sure there will be repeats a plenary but I've got a sneaking suspicion that while base discounts will more than likely remain he same there might be a handful or more deeper discounts later on.

Hahaha. Well to be fair I've been quite restrained this sale and I've not quite caught the madness that you and Xel have of buying multiple copies of the same game only to sit proudly in your collections (though resistance is futile, well all get there some day). I'm struggling to see how the winter sale is only going to carry the same discounts, what with it lasting 3 times as long. Sure there will be repeats a plenary but I've got a sneaking suspicion that while base discounts will more than likely remain he same there might be a handful or more deeper discounts later on.

i wont i keep track of what i have and dont have

Jumped on the Yogscast bundle, despite the fact that there are no keys yet. Looks like it will be very fruitful, at least.

Thinking about jumping on with SS3 and MP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom