• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha. Well to be fair I've been quite restrained this sale and I've not quite caught the madness that you and Xel have of buying multiple copies of the same game only to sit proudly in your collections (though resistance is futile, well all get there some day). I'm struggling to see how the winter sale is only going to carry the same discounts, what with it lasting 3 times as long. Sure there will be repeats a plenary but I've got a sneaking suspicion that while base discounts will more than likely remain he same there might be a handful or more deeper discounts later on.

You know you want four versions of Max Payne and four versions of Max Payne 2. ;) As for the sales, I wouldn't expect deeper discounts come the Winter Sale -- remember that there are only three weeks separating it from the end of this sale.

Edit: Though it's worth noting that this same logic doesn't necessarily apply to games not currently discounted. For example, AssCreed 3 skipped last year's Autumn Sale but was 25% off during the Winter Sale.

Yort

Hahaha. Well to be fair I've been quite restrained this sale and I've not quite caught the madness that you and Xel have of buying multiple copies of the same game only to sit proudly in your collections (though resistance is futile, well all get there some day). I'm struggling to see how the winter sale is only going to carry the same discounts, what with it lasting 3 times as long. Sure there will be repeats a plenary but I've got a sneaking suspicion that while base discounts will more than likely remain he same there might be a handful or more deeper discounts later on.

Going strictly off memory, I seem to recall last year's fall and winter sales having mostly the same discounts.

Anteater

Man gonna take a while to download MP3, guess I'll go back and live my life eating pineapples out of the transcans in bioshock.

mrgone

Is there any activity in Max Payne 3's multiplayer at all? Would it be more worthwhile to just spend the Rockstar pass money on CS:GO, play it for half an hour to remind myself why I stopped playing Counter-strike, and never play again?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thinking of taking a stab at euro truck simulator 2 after hearing good word about it on weekend confirmed, much mileage in the expansion too? Only a few quid more.

Grief.exe

I'd say Shadow Warrior for its old-school nature.

Its like each game speaks to me.

I enjoy a perfectly paced game. Call of Juarez
I enjoy old-school non-ADS, shooters that require quick reflexes and thinking. Shadow Warrior.

I enjoy a good narrative. Last Light.

Both Last Light and Shadow Warrior look amazing as well.

I'm poor. Call if Juarez.

Steam Achievements and no bullshit DRM. All of the above.

I'll probably spring for Call of Juarez Gunslinger...
But I really want to pick up Last Light and Shadow Warrior....
But everyone says Gunslinger is short and perfectly paced...
What game do you guys think I will enjoy more?

Shadow Warrior, Last Light, or Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
Gunslinger really does have tight pacing (no uPlay nonsense either), and you can't go wrong with any of the above.

JaseC

Is serious Sam 3 any good?

It's best enjoyed in co-op as it's rather mind-numbing -- most of the levels are very open and there's no need to strategise beyond shooting what's coming towards you. Also, the penultimate level is far too over-the-top in terms of enemy count and is consequently incredibly tedious.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jamestown -- MB-B40181B91810811E - Taken by rainking187
Closure Steam Key- -- MB-379DF29B0A1AE6E6 - Taken by ArynCrinn. 3 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-9B32FB2B6A1C83BD - Taken by Kod1ak

t1385849473z1.png

Forkball

Looks like nothing today, as if I don't already have enough to play.

Also anyone playing Batman Arkham Origins right now? This Deathstroke battle is about to give me a stroke.

cicero

You know you want four versions of Max Payne and four versions of Max Payne 2. ;) As for the sales, I wouldn't expect deeper discounts come the Winter Sale -- remember that there are only three weeks separating it from the end of this sale.

Edit: Though it's worth noting that this same logic doesn't necessarily apply to games not currently discounted. For example, AssCreed 3 skipped last year's Autumn Sale but was 25% off during the Winter Sale.

You should start listing your occupation as "Steam Deal Historian".

rrs

Thinking of taking a stab at euro truck simulator 2 after hearing good word about it on weekend confirmed, much mileage in the expansion too? Only a few quid more.

Expansion has a relatively low amount of cities compared to base game, but I bought it anyways. Also there's a mod that adds some super hard roads in Sweden/Norway

Derrick01

Banned
Looks like nothing today, as if I don't already have enough to play.

Also anyone playing Batman Arkham Origins right now? This Deathstroke battle is about to give me a stroke.

That was a really fun fight but I was able to do it on my first try (not without missing counters though, I wanted that achievement so bad!). It really does a good job of giving off the feeling of how batman and deathstroke would actually fight in a movie or TV show.

Dr Dogg

You know you want four versions of Max Payne and four versions of Max Payne 2. ;)

Well I'm happy with my physical and Steam copies (for now). One day some publisher is going to catch wind of this and have a separate app for every minute territory in the world. Gah what am I saying, you'll be over the moon

As for the sales, I wouldn't expect deeper discounts come the Winter Sale -- remember that there are only three weeks separating it from the end of this sale.

Going strictly off memory, I seem to recall last year's fall and winter sales having mostly the same discounts.

No you guys are probably right, especially with the leaked email as well (though does anybody know what pub or Dev that came from yet?). I just look at it like this; this sale is 6 days long with 9 dailies and 12 flash deals = 81 deals in total, the winter sale will be what? 15 days? 3 of which would be encore days so say 12 days in total. If there's just going to be 81 unique deals then that's an average of 6.75 per day. That's going to be a lot of repeats then.

Grief.exe

No you guys are probably right, especially with the leaked email as well (though does anybody know what pub or Dev that came from yet?). I just look at it like this; this sale is 6 days long with 9 dailies and 12 flash deals = 81 deals in total, the winter sale will be what? 15 days? 3 of which would be encore days so say 12 days in total. If there's just going to be 81 unique deals then that's an average of 6.75 per day. That's going to be a lot of repeats then.

Some Russian dev who just had his game Greenlit apparently.

Good way to welcome yourself to a new bussiness..

JaseC

Well I'm happy with my physical and Steam copies (for now). One day some publisher is going to catch wind of this and have a separate app for every minute territory in the world. Gah what am I saying, you'll be over the moon

I noticed earlier that the Football Manager 2014 Russian app isn't actually being used (it's tied to a sub but lacks any installation/config data), which made me sad. But then I noticed that there's a Football Manager 2014 Korean app, and it is being used, which made me happy again.

Edit: Also, I need to buy FM 2013 Russian while it's 50% off.

Omega

Banned
That was a really fun fight but I was able to do it on my first try (not without missing counters though, I wanted that achievement so bad!). It really does a good job of giving off the feeling of how batman and deathstroke would actually fight in a movie or TV show.

Joke post or account hacked, there's no other explanation.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Time to get a Forced 4 pack and force my friends to play with me. What is the word on Shadowrun Returns? I am going to get that or Inquisitor. Also, Gunslinger will probably get got. And a copy of BL2 so that I can co-op with someone. Yea.

Dr Dogg

Some Russian dev who just had his game Greenlit apparently.

Good way to welcome yourself to a new bussiness..

Dear oh dear. I'm sure Valve were thrilled to bits.

I noticed earlier that the Football Manager 2014 Russian app isn't actually being used (it's tied to a sub but lacks any installation/config data), which made me sad. But then I noticed that there's a Football Manager 2014 Korean app, and it is being used, which made me happy again.

Hahaha. Well I can see one benefit of multiple subs of the same game. You can family share out extra copies while still having a copy for your self to play if you do finally go round the twist and decide to play something. Actually want that some really bad Aussie kids show?

Silky

Banned
Time to get a Forced 4 pack and force my friends to play with me. What is the word on Shadowrun Returns? I am going to get that or Inquisitor. Also, Gunslinger will probably get got. And a copy of BL2 so that I can co-op with someone. Yea.

Is it your first time doing BL2 on PC? If you need a co-op bro, I have it and haven't really put a dent in the PC ver.

JaseC

Hahaha. Well I can see one benefit of multiple subs of the same game. You can family share out extra copies while still having a copy for your self to play if you do finally go round the twist and decide to play something. Actually want that some really bad Aussie kids show?

Holy nostalgiagasm, Dogman! I loved that show.

deroli

Seems like I've... matured. I haven't spent a single cent this sale... yet. Thought about Max Payne 3 for 4 bucks but then said to myself: Oli, you will never play this game. And I don't even have enough space on my hard disc to install it heh. Nonetheless, I still added 25€ to my account, just in case. I'm looking at Trackmania 2 Stadium but I'll wait until the final day for an even better discount. Besides that, I don't see anything that I just got to buy.
But that humble bundle looks sweet. Also, I might cheat on Steam and visit the Origin store. 4€ for NFS Shift 2, 6€ for Most Wanted. I need a racer, so these deals are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom