• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Thanks for the quick replies in regards to season pass, lol. I knew it was related to DLC, but I'm not big on what DLC has become so I didn't have any experience with it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
if you just leave games open, can you get steam trading cards?

Yes, I have been doing that for the past few days. You can even have multiple games open at once. But also as the Steam servers are busy, sometimes no cards will drop for a few hours, and then all at once several will drop in a span of a few minutes for you.

Barzul

Yes, I have been doing that for the past few days. You can even have multiple games open at once. But also as the Steam servers are busy, sometimes no cards will drop for a few hours, and then all at once several will drop in a span of a few minutes for you.

Does it matter if you're just in the title screen or do you have to be in the game to get them to drop?

feel

Most crates are worth poo, but are still an easy 10 cents or so. Operation Bravo cases are an easy 50+ cents though. At their height they were an easy $3+.

I eagerly await Operation Charlie (or w/e they call it) for new cases and a new pass.
Yeah new crates are worth each like $5 the first day or two they start dropping, so they easily pay for the game (if bought on sale) or the map passes they belong to. Anyone on the fence about picking up the game should keep that in mind and just jump in.

Dusk Golem

Does it matter if you're just in the title screen or do you have to be in the game to get them to drop?

Nope, doesn't matter as long as SOMETHING launched. Even those windows that you can sometimes open before a game where you put in the PC settings count.

bengraven

Christ, now the servers are down so I can't activate the game just to play offline.

I know, I know, welcome to 2008 but THIS is the reason I had no interest in the supposedly "triple-A" titles. The best games, a logical person's idea of "triple A" , of the last decade didn't make me do this shit.

Barzul

Nope, doesn't matter as long as SOMETHING launched. Even those windows that you can sometimes open before a game where you put in the PC settings count.

Wow thanks! Time to start earning cards then, wish I had known this before the start of the sale, could have payed off a few games with just my steam wallet.

Dusk Golem

hmm I guess it sucks for people who wants to jump on the DLCs as soon as possible.

Y-Yeah, t-totally...

Has a bad habit of buying season passes for games he's interested in the DLC for, such as Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

Now I want to see a Western-themed game where "Expansion Pass" is the area all the add-on content gets added to.

"Buy Showdown at Expansion Pass for only $9.99!"

That's not a bad idea, a mechanic like that could be interesting if handled with care and putting the right hooks into the game before-hand. It wouldn't work for story-based games I imagine, but something a bit more open-world and silly might work wonders with something like that.

Arthea

Now I want to see a Western-themed game where "Expansion Pass" is the area all the add-on content gets added to.

"Buy Showdown at Expansion Pass for only $9.99!"

It wouldn't work, expansions are usually big new chunks of games (mostly in strategy games and MMOs) that cost much more than dlc, and in story driven games those are usually called sequels and sold as new games.

Relax.MX

I just finished FEAR 3 co-op, the game is fun, mindless, I think I could have appreciated more if I had not played the first one. Alma is gone :(

1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3 (co-op)>>>> 2

thetechkid

Probably not the best thread to ask but couldn't find anywhere better so is anyone else having problems with using DS3/Motionjoy on Steam? Been trying to finish up SR3, so I could start Witcher 1/2 which I just got today, but the game after the intro vids doesn't recognize the controller anymore.

Grief.exe

Probably not the best thread to ask but couldn't find anywhere better so is anyone else having problems with using DS3/Motionjoy on Steam? Been trying to finish up SR3, so I could start Witcher 1/2 which I just got today, but the game after the intro vids doesn't recognize the controller anymore.

You don't want to use motionjoy, use an xinput wrapper.

There is a thread on GAF that will walk you through the process.

Best thread to ask by the way. All the people who hang out in the normal Steam/PC gaming thread are here while that thread is closed for the sale.

I just successfully staved off the desire to buy witcher 2... cause I still haven't beaten the first one and it has been several years since I bought that. I wouldn't want to play the second til I beat the first... and it is not even a priority atm.

Dusk Golem

I just finished FEAR 3 co-op, the game is fun, mindless, I think I could have appreciated more if I had not played the first one. Alma is gone :(

1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3 (co-op)>>>> 2

I'll give my recommendations to try the multiplayer modes in FEAR 3. I know a lot of people hate added-on MP modes and all that, but honestly in this case, the multiplayer modes in FEAR 3 I think are more fun than the campaign.

Contractions and F**king Run are a blast, and even the two Soul Modes I expected to dislike are pretty fun.

nbthedude

Finally hit level 10 on Steam. I saw someone the other day who was level 164. His penis must be huge.

He probably gets free booster packs daily, which means free games pretty much daily when you sell them.

I'm level 30 and I probably get at least a booster pack a week and they usually sell for between $1-$3.

It's not just about e-peen, it actually pays off in the long run to have a higher Steam rating. Since August, I've probably gotten over a dozen booster packs.

Any thoughts on Splinter Cell at that price? Really like the first three, less keen on the others. Conviction was alright and Blacklist seems to be better than that, just worried if the price might still be a little steep.

Grief.exe

Decided on Call of Juarez since Shadow Warrior and Last Light will blow my budget.

Will wait for Christmas sale to see if they drop slightly lower.

He probably gets free booster packs daily, which means free games pretty much daily when you sell them.

I'm level 30 and I probably get at least a booster pack a week and they usually sell for between $1-$3.

It's not just about e-peen, it actually pays off in the long run to have a higher Steam rating. Since August, I've probably gotten over a dozen booster packs.

I'm level 21 and got a booster pack last week - my first in probably two months. According to EnhancedSteam, I have 68 eligible games. What, if any, pattern have you noticed with the games you get booster packs for? I'm not clear on whether a crafted badge creates booster packs for other Steam users for that same game, or if it just spawns booster packs in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom