• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Can someone explain to me why The Dig is discounted but yet all the other LucasArts adventure games are not, I want all of them!
at a discount

Dr Dogg

It's happening!
qsVWhcw.png

Hahaha. Just imagine if it was on 3.5" floppies. It would be close to 7,700 disks. And I thought Fate of Atlantis was bad.

Can someone explain to me why The Dig is discounted but yet all the other LucasArts adventure games are not, I want all of them!
at a discount

Disney logic. Me, Grief and a few others were looking at a few Star Wars titles we had our eyes on but since they bought LucasFilm and subsequently LucasArt and sacked everyone nothing has made a lick of sense. Discounts are so random.

I got Papo and Yo from Green Man and from comments I had read expected a kind of Ico-ish game. It turned out to be a visually very unique game. I mean it has a weird fairy tale vibe in the middle of a favela.

It is also probably the closest anyone will ever get to playing the Last Guardian.

Just made my first steam trade and got CS Complete. I now possess every Valve gaem except 4.

Of those I can three from Counter Strike 1 Anthology - Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic and Day of Defeat. That would be 3,74€ for those three games total (it's a five game bundle but it will eat the two games as I already have them).

That would leave Day of Defeat: Source for my final purchase.

I have no idea why I want them all, I've been telling myself it's for Garry's mod but I have played it for an hour and don't know whether I'll play around it with that much.

Quest for 500 looking promising though, at 487 games now. With a few sales buy and bundles, I'll be there before winter sale probably.

Are those Day of Defeat / Ricochet / Deathmatch Classic games any good?

neoism

So I picked up Dark Souls the other day. Two quick questions:

1. Is there anyway to play the game without using GFWL?
2. My laptop monitor's max resolution is 1600x900, should I still use the DSiFix and is that resolution supported in the fix?

no

the only answer is yes the game is terrible without that mod

What's the easiest way to get all the Borderlands 2 DLC? At this point it just seems waiting for next year's sales is the best bet. I doubt it will be any lower during the winter sale.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Disney logic. Me, Grief and a few others were looking at a few Star Wars titles we had our eyes on but since they bought LucasFilm and subsequently LucasArt and sacked everyone nothing has made a lick of sense. Discounts are so random.

I may end up buying The Dig now and with some luck in the Christmas sale they discount the others, it makes no sense so that makes sense.

Vazduh

What's the easiest way to get all the Borderlands 2 DLC? At this point it just seems waiting for next year's sales is the best bet. I doubt it will be any lower during the winter sale.

Save money and just buy Tiny Tina's assault on dragon keep, other ones are not worth buying.

At this point, I'll just see what the Steam store is offering over the next two days. I have three items in my cart, so I'll pull the trigger if I see a really good deal. Still hoping for Tomb Raider, but it's doubtful. Besides, I got most of what I wanted this year.

Momentary

Banned
Waiting for this Lucas Arts bundle to get a discount so that I can pick up The Dig. I really enjoyed it in middle school from what I can remember of it. It has been almost 18 years ago.

Arthea

What I really got myself into?
Or better question what copons got me into?!
It can't be that hard to park a truck in real life, can it? Nobody would drive a real truck, instead they'd play a game with virtual trucks. wait...

Turfster

Waiting for this Lucas Arts bundle to get a discount so that I can pick up The Dig. I really enjoyed it in middle school from what I can remember of it. It has been almost 18 years ago.

Eh, I wouldn't hold my breath thanks to the new Disney overlords.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm so glad I gave Antichamber a shot. This game is easily in my top 3 of 2013. It's Portal's dark, twisted, cruel and insane brother.

Yogscast Humble Bundle news... (via e-mail)

Hello Yogscast Pre-Purchasers,

Thanks for supporting the The Yogscast's Dwarven Dairy Drive!

Unfortunately, the version of the site that you purchased from was not intended for the public and did not properly represent the structure of the promotion. With that in mind, redemptions will work as follows:

- Users who donate over $1 will receive a TF2 "Heart of Gold" DLC
- Users who donate over $25 receive Torchlight, Chivalry, Shank 2, Magicka: Wizard Wars, Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed, Napoleon Total War and the Yogscast War of the Vikings

The content will appear on your download pages after the launch of the promotion. If you wish to increase your order, you can do so by using the order adder on the top of your download page

derExperte

Damn. People sure undercut their stuff in the market during sales.

Btw, maybe just bad luck but I have a hard time selling any cards since the sale started even if I'm the cheapest (I don't undercut much, only a cent max). If it's the same for others that may explain the undercutting.

Dr Dogg

The disk could contain a text file with a Steam download key.

Spoil sport :(

I may end up buying The Dig now and with some luck in the Christmas sale they discount the others, it makes no sense so that makes sense.

I've been tempted to pick up the pack for ages as I don't have a copy of Loom anymore. I've been holding off in hope that a more complete pack with the original Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango would be put on Steam or GOG. Seams like there's fuck all chance now though so I might join you.

I'm so glad I gave Antichamber a shot. This game is easily in my top 3 of 2013. This is like Portal's dark, twisted and insane brother.

I bought it for full price on release, decided I didn't really like it and that was it. Then last night I loaded it up again, wiped my save, and got sucked right in for a good couple of hours. Can't wait to play more, now that I finally feel like I understand how some of the puzzles work.

I wake up to Company of Heroes for $2 (with voucher at GMG). I've been waiting for this game to get cheap. What a day it's going to be!

Copons

What I really got myself into?
Or better question what copons got me into?!
It can't be that hard to park a truck in real life, can it? Nobody would drive a real truck, instead they'd play a game with virtual trucks. wait...

Eh, now please don't blame me also for wars, hungers and various diseases!

Parking a truck is hard as shit!
After a couple of times suddenly I remembered that when I was a child I had this little truck toy, and when I pushed it forward it was SUPER funny. But then, when pushing backward it was the most frustrating thing ever, with all that fact that the trailer goes in the opposite direction, shit it gives me the creeps even now, roughly 25 years later, and after I became the baws of truck parking.

Anyway, my general suggestion is to switch to the birdeye camera (3) and to proceed extremely slowly.
Position the "engine car" (how is it called?) straight on "top" (looking from the camera) of the parking space. The trailer position actually matters less (of course, the more is straight, the better), as you can then adjust it while maneuvering.
Then, just remember that, in reverse, the trailer goes to the opposite direction you're steering. So, if the trailer is pointing "bottom left", to straighten it (so, shifting it to the right), you have to steer left.
Just remember that the trailer turning speed and intensity is directly proportional to your speed and how much you steer.
Also notice that the wheel here turn 900° - or something like that - and from the birdeye camera is difficult to know how much you steered, so I usually switch back and forth between camera 3 and 1 (first person), but the more I get used to parking, less I switch to 1. In fact, I don't think it's possible to park a truck in first person without a guy shouting you directions. :D

so real victims here are those that donated more than $1 but less than 25? Typical (><)
Oh well

Disappointing that I didn't get any games, but when the page went up I decided giving $5 to charity wouldn't break the bank so I'm not too upset. If I'd given $20 and expected to get some games for my generosity I might have been more annoyed.

mrgone

Well, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and the DLC are currently on sale at GMG for the Steam sale price -20% with the voucher. The keys I received from them aren't valid, though - probably something that'll be fixed shortly by support, but just a heads up to other potential buyers.

edit: Shit, my bad - must've been grabbing extra spaces when I was copying the codes. Everything's A-OK from GMG

All right GAF, what's the most visually stunning racing game on PC right now? After seeing that Drive Club footage, I've been craving something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom