• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Eh, now please don't blame me also for wars, hungers and various diseases!

Parking a truck is hard as shit!
words
That's good idea, now we know who to blame!

Really, it's close to impossible, I ended up damaging and truck and cargo and got no pay, as you can imagine. I tried from bird view, high were I can see all truck and trailer, it did me no good as I wasn't seeing what my wheels are doing and why it moves in unexpected ways, so I switched back and then I don't see where I'm supposed to park. Very interesting experience.

Bought Empire Total War Collection & Company of Heroes from GMG. One of my most regret has been not buying the THQ Bundle, but I have since bought them one by one. Still need Company of Heroes expansions though.

According to the GMG 4play leaks there's still three set of deals coming, of which Legacy of Kain 3,36$ (even lower with the voucher!) is a very good buy. Dawn of War complete is a great pack but not sure whether it has been lower than 28$.

What are the best non-4play GMG deals right now?

Wasn't/isn't GRID 2 going to be a GMG deal soon?

Yes, 10$ at next set of deals.

Btw, maybe just bad luck but I have a hard time selling any cards since the sale started even if I'm the cheapest (I don't undercut much, only a cent max). If it's the same for others that may explain the undercutting.
I've made over $15 selling cards and DOTA 2 items during the sale. But today has been specially bad for me.

Guys, confirmed, $25 minimum for Yogscast bundle :(

http://www.reddit.com/r/Yogscast/comments/1rselr/christmas_2013_rough_livestream_schedule/

Ask your family for money, say it's for charity, but with the difference that this time it actually is!

Eh. Kind of a weak promotion. Unless the quality of the games added to the pack is worthwhile, I'm not sure it's worth the price. You can already get the games on that list for roughly the same price via current sales. They should have waited a week or two to launch this instead of timing it right on a major sales weekend.

Arthea

Bought Empire Total War Collection & Company of Heroes from GMG. One of my most regret has been not buying the THQ Bundle, but I have since bought them one by one. Still need Company of Heroes expansions though.

According to the GMG 4play leaks there's still three set of deals coming, of which Legacy of Kain 3,36$ (even lower with the voucher!) is a very good buy. Dawn of War complete is a great pack but not sure whether it has been lower than 28$.

What are the best non-4play GMG deals right now?

Yes, 10$ at next set of deals.

ETW is tempting, but collection is 6.24 € and I bought TW II collection already. Decisions, decisions.

Bioshock Infinite and dlcs maybe?

Lain

Decided to grab Call of Juarez Gunslinger from Amazon, since it was cheaper for me to get it there.
I wanted to ask, is Deus EX: HR - DC normally 80% off for people that owned the base game and Missing Link, or was it lower? For some reason I thought it was 5.99€ and seeing it for 3.99€ is making me doubt my memory more than I already do.

traveler

Not Wario
Any impressions on Forced?

Deliberating on Splinter Cell. Any lower and I probably would have jumped on it. Interested to see if it even gets remotely close to Chaos Theory.

Copons

That's good idea, now we know who to blame!

Really, it's close to impossible, I ended up damaging and truck and cargo and got no pay, as you can imagine. I tried from bird view, high were I can see all truck and trailer, it did me no good as I wasn't seeing what my wheels are doing and why it moves in unexpected ways, so I switched back and then I don't see where I'm supposed to park. Very interesting experience.

Oh well, if you really find it that difficult just keep in mind that you can always skip it and losing 45XP. I don't know how far have you got, but I can assure you that at some point (and pretty soon indeed), when you start earning hundreds of XP for a deliver, 45XP are nothing. Surely, they aren't enough to justify your frustration.

Of course then, learning to reverse a truck may come in really handy in weird situation you could
will
put your truck into. Like when entering a small truck dealer that doesn't have enough space to enter with a loaded truck, and first time I tried I spent like half a hour trying to get out of there. :D

Also, a real man never skips parking. :p

Dr Dogg

Does SC:Blackist run like crap like all recent Ubi titles?

Bizarrely it's pretty tight. Way better than Conviction which was also a UE 2.5 game. If you got an Nvidia card there's a few extra DX11 jingly janglies. Shame from an artists standpoint it's quite bland to look at a fair bit of the time.

Is Dead Space 2 a safe purchase?

Safe as in how? It's got Tages in it but EA have a dedicated revoke tool on their site.

Arthea

Decided to grab Call of Juarez Gunslinger from Amazon, since it was cheaper for me to get it there.
I wanted to ask, is Deus EX: HR - DC normally 80% off for people that owned the base game and Missing Link, or was it lower? For some reason I thought it was 5.99€ and seeing it for 3.99€ is making me doubt my memory more than I already do.

I'm not entirely sure, but it was 3.99€ for me, I think, less than 5.99, that much I do remember.

Prophane33

Guess I dodged a bullet on that Yogcast bundle (e.g. getting angry for buying Sonic Racing from GMG for 4 bucks). Since I already own the other games.

Isaccard

Bizarrely it's pretty tight. Way better than Conviction which was also a UE 2.5 game. If you got an Nvidia card there's a few extra DX11 jingly janglies. Shame from an artists standpoint it's quite bland to look at a fair bit of the time.

Safe as in how? It's got Tages in it but EA have a dedicated revoke tool on their site.

thanks

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just played 30 minutes of Call of Juarez and it seems like a pretty fun game. Had some weird freezing problems at first, but they seemed to go away. Definitely going to play more of this later.

Is Dead Space 2 a safe purchase?

Safe purchase in what aspect? If you mean with regard to the price of it., then yes, it's a safe purchase in that it is very unlikely to get lower. If you mean with regards to the quality of the game then that's a much trickier situation. While I, personally, did not have a problem with it I know many were opposed to the alterations it made to the design of the game (primarily the placement of less claustrophobic spaces and a greater quantity of enemies). As a result it's difficult to tell what you'll think of it; personally I highly enjoyed it (even though it has some flaws) but I know many others disagree.

Arthea

Oh well, if you really find it that difficult just keep in mind that you can always skip it and losing 45XP. I don't know how far have you got, but I can assure you that at some point (and pretty soon indeed), when you start earning hundreds of XP for a deliver, 45XP are nothing. Surely, they aren't enough to justify your frustration.

Of course then, learning to reverse a truck may come in really handy in weird situation you could
will
put your truck into. Like when entering a small truck dealer that doesn't have enough space to enter with a loaded truck, and first time I tried I spent like half a hour trying to get out of there. :D

Also, a real man never skips parking. :p

half an hour! Copons, you are so patient. My truck would be in pieces in half that time.
I'm not really frustrated, more amused that it's such a pain to park the damn thing. I'm not far, just started to play.
Radio option is nice though, was listening to some Manchester station.

Dr Dogg

It's not the evil "you can only activate 5 times and we never give you more activations or revoke access" Tages but the slightly friendlier Solidshield. It should add an item to the Games category under Windows which you can right click and "Deauthorise this machine". EA supply a tool to check activations and to reset everything per key on the EA Answers site. Bizarrely the original Dead Space is clean as a whistle on Steam where as it's loaded with SecuRom everywhere else, including Origin.

I've had zero problems with Steam and 8.1 with this game. What problems do you mean?

Absolutely no steam integration, no overlay, nothing. it just disappeared when I went to 8.1. I can't arrange races with people on steam which is a huge fail in my book and ruined the game for me. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, no change!

Enco

They're better than the main game, in some ways
Gonna have to disagree with you on that.

I love Dishonored and I'm currently playing through Brigmore witches. Don't see how the DLC is better than the main game in any way. What ways were you talking about> I also don't think that the DLC is longer than the main game.

Am I happy with the DLC? Yup. More Dishonored is always good. Would I pay full price for both of them? Nope.

In other news, I'm thinking about Euro Truck Sim. Played the demo and it wasn't too bad. Does it get boring?

derExperte

For the new page regarding the Contagion discount: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238430...7315783630914/

The Duration of the sale should have been at 50% which should have been $9.99 with the unlikely chance we'd hit any Promo/Daily Sale/Flash Sale in which case 75% would be the case at $4.99. Mistakes were made on Valve's end and will be fixed before the next sale.

If I read that comment correctly the game won't be this cheap during winter sale, it'll be 4,99. So buy now if interested!

Turfster

Gonna have to disagree with you on that.

I love Dishonored and I'm currently playing through Brigmore witches. Don't see how the DLC is better than the main game in any way. What ways were you talking about
It has more important permanent choices than the main game did, and a tighter story without some of the... rather obvious twists in the original. It was also a lot more challenging to ghost, which was nice ;)

99 spirits for free. Bargain!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-1ED1FA000641F6C7 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

nbthedude

A Contagion dev comments on the big discount so soon after release: http://steamcommunity.com/app/238430/discussions/0/666827315783630914/

I might grab it because it's cheap but I still have no idea what sets Contagion apart from other zombie survival games like the free No More Room In Hell.

PS If I read that comment correctly Contagion won't be this cheap during winter sale, it'll be 4,99. So buy now if interested!

Yeah that still doesn't tell me whether or not it's worth $3.75.

Absolutely no steam integration, no overlay, nothing. it just disappeared when I went to 8.1. I can't arrange races with people on steam which is a huge fail in my book and ruined the game for me. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, no change!

Hmm, I haven't played mine for awhile. I'll load it up and test it out because now I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom