• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
I didn't know that.
Also her laptop has an Intel HD Family Chipset so I guess that's the problem.

If the laptop has actual graphics card too, right click the game exe and see if there's option "Use graphicscard" or some such (have Finnish language on my laptop so i have no idea what the option reads in English/other languages), if the option exists it should show available graphics cards.

Haunted

Max Payne for 3-fucking-99 is such a ridiculous price that I'm tempted to buy it, even though I I already played it and thought it was pretty shit.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Max Payne for 3-fucking-99 is such a ridiculous price that I'm tempted to buy it, even though I I already played it and thought it was pretty shit.

I was debating buying it since it showed up but this post pushed me over the edge. Thanks, bought.

Nabs

Max Payne 3 is really good on PC. It's a really nice port with awesome mouse controls. I'd replay it but I don't want to download it again.

So happy to have bought CS:GO, i've been playing since the early betas and i thought this would be more of the same, but they manage to create a totally fresh game, love the feel of the shooting.

It's going to take a bit for me to get used to it. Haven't played a CS game in years.

ss_lemonade

Not exactly steam sale related but I just noticed that the Elder Scrolls Anthology on Amazon is a lightning deal now for $24.99. I believe the package contains steam keys too if I'm not mistakened

Tellaerin

Main problem right now is that I had to play it at super low volume cause my gf is watching Downton Abbey. Shatter with British speech all over the place: an experience I must suggest to you all.

Get yourself some headphones, bro. Wireless, if need be. You won't regret it.

Nabbed Medieval II: Total War Collection from GMG sale, very good 3.60€ price after voucher.

Been loving the first Rome: Total War (I bought it this year) so slowly building my Total War collection, fantastic series and looking forward to gather the more recent titles as well and having a great time playing them.

Lemstar

Not exactly steam sale related but I just noticed that the Elder Scrolls Anthology on Amazon is a lightning deal now for $24.99. I believe the package contains steam keys too if I'm not mistakened
Yep, one Steam key for Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind with all their respective DLC. The physical discs for Oblivion GOTY and Morrowind GOTY also work separately.

Copons

Get yourself some headphones, bro. Wireless, if need be. You won't regret it.

Yup, I have them in my backpack 3m away from my chair, so you can guess that all the effort wasn't really worth it. :D

Also, I launched just to try it for a very brief time, so really I didn't want all the bother of actually searching for my headphones buried in the backpack on the couch under like dozens of hoodies, coats, scarves and a cat.

Yup, I have them in my backpack 3m away from my chair, so you can guess that all the effort wasn't really worth it. :D

Also, I launched just to try it for a very brief time, so really I didn't want all the bother of actually searching for my headphones buried in the backpack on the couch under like dozens of hoodies, coats, scarves and a cat.

A dead cat or a living one? That makes all the difference.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Forced looks interesting to me, but I don't know... I don't think I'll play it anytime soon, so gonna pass on it. Will have to wait on Shadowrun too. Reading that you can only save at the start of a chapter means I can wait for when they fix that.

I had to drain my prepaid card as it was expiring today so I bought that Flying Bundle to get some Hackers DLC, but some of you can have these 2 things I don't need.
Thanks for Hacker Evolution. :)

She was sleeping chewing a Santa Claus rag doll, so I guess she was alive, but with these cats nowadays you can't really be sure.

XD

I was holding until I could buy the Deus EX: HR upgrade to play the game but I decided to start it anyway, I hope I can enjoy the game.

FloatOn

So I beat witcher 2 earlier today. For those that bought it on the cheap today, you are in for an amazing ride. Easily in my top 5 favorite rpg of all time list. I'm now incredibly hyped for witcher 3... Hell, I may go back and play the first one.

Turfster

your display picture gets me confused.. I keep thinking you are JaseC

Jase is currently sporting a Black and white Scorsese. ClassyPenguin has a santa version, and I think Knurrek still has Evil Twin Scorsese going. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. They've been multiplying lately.

Prophane33

Wow, I feel dumb. Just woke up from a nap and bought Sonic Racing from GMG for 4 bucks...completely forgetting before I went to sleep about the bundle coming up. I better just do my work and forget about touching my PC and/or wallet.

wilflare

Jase is currently sporting a Black and white Scorsese. ClassyPenguin has a santa version, and I think Knurrek still has Evil Twin Scorsese going. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. They've been multiplying lately.

all that is missing is for Gaben to secretly put a picture of her in one of the Steam Sales banners....

that would be a megaton bigger than Half Life 3 (for GAF at least)

CqjArid.jpg

Li Kao

To buy Shadowrun on Steam or on iOS for 2 bucks cheaper?

What says the steamGaffers?

Well a really really simple question. Relatively. I have nothing against iOS as I have an ipad but...

IOS - Playing in bed or outside
PC - Better graphics (not a deal breaker I know)
Mod support !!!

So if your are in this sort of things, PC version all the way. That's the exact conclusion Pocket Tactics had, noting that if you just want to beat the main campaign then play another game, IOS is then a respectable option.
Now the question is : is there good mods for Shadowrun ? I saw that there are indeed a lot of things in steam workshop but as I still haven't bought the game, no idea if they are good or mediocre mods.

JSoup

Banned
Then we come to the 200k bank loan. What bank gives people that have nothing a loan in these times?

To be fair, the story image said it was a private bank. Humongous loans freely given with outrageous interest rates attached are the bread and butter of private banking.

To be fair, the story image said it was a private bank. Humongous loans freely given with outrageous interest rates attached are the bread and butter of private banking.
Those loans are starting to become popular again. Looks like they learned nothing from the banking crisis.

Turfster

That's... not really sound financial reasoning, bringing me to option B again.
Anyway, we've said enough about this back when it was released.

I mean, I can access the link in the email.

Yeah, but that doesn't really mention anything about the minimum... or even if we're going to get anything.

FloatOn

My hope for the 9pm (est) flash sale are any
all
of these:

King of Fighters 13
Injustice
Deadly Premonition
Sir, you are being hunted

Anyone knows what happened to the key-market/trading-market?

I just saw Witcher 1+2 together is like 5 keys...
Thats 7,50€. If I buy both of the games on Steam, they would be 7€.

Same with other titles. When I looked for Outlast at the beginning of the sale I would have just saved 80cents.

Anyone knows what happened to the key-market/trading-market?

I just saw Witcher 1+2 together is like 5 keys...
Thats 7,50€. If I buy both of the games on Steam, they would be 7€.

Same with other titles. When I looked for Outlast at the beginning of the sale I would have just saved 80cents.

Witcher 2 RU is region locked, so copies that you find on the TF2 market are probably from a region where it's not that much cheaper.

WItcher 1+2 from RU should easily cost <4 keys.

Santiako

To buy Shadowrun on Steam or on iOS for 2 bucks cheaper?

What says the steamGaffers?

I bought the game on android and requested a refund because it doesn't support its generated content, yet it doesn't say so in the description. They refunded me and apologised for not being clear, so I'd buy it on steam if I were you.

JSoup

Banned
That's... not really sound financial reasoning, bringing me to option B again.

Doesn't seem like it, yeah, until you consider that the goal of the private bank is to build up the debt as fast as possible, then rush it to collections. They ensure constant raw income that way.

But, yeah, back to games.

Turfster

Doesn't seem like it, yeah, until you consider that the goal of the private bank is to build up the debt as fast as possible, then rush it to collections. They ensure constant raw income that way.

I was talking about the devs, not the bank. For the private bank, it's a great way to fleece suckers while the going is good ;)

About to buy Euro Truck Simulator 2...

Its good right?
It's a great way of zoning out. Don't go expecting a "game"-game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom