• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Didn't the prices flip or are they serious?

edit: That's better, may grab Castle Crashers out of desperation for something to buy.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
ModBot said:
Instructions for poopninjamvc3mk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-85255CF5A7C6BA2B - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom

Got an extra key from on another account I made for that enclave giveaway after the first key didn't work. I have no idea if this works so you're on your own.

I got sent another Enclave key. Not sure if this was kosher, but I punched it into key redemption a couple times and it said that I owned the game it was for already, not that it had been used, so. . . I hope this works for someone. Apologies if not.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-BE867D9EFEFE7EEA - Taken by gabbo. 4 entrants total.

t1385864279z1.png

The only Lego game I'm interested in is Marvel. That game looks fantastic. Not sure about the Lord of the Rings Lego game since I've only seen 1 LOTR movie.

Wawahead

The only Lego game I'm interested in is Marvel. That game looks fantastic. Not sure about the Lord of the Rings Lego game since I've only seen 1 LOTR movie.

I went on a short Lego game kick about a year ago. Played through several before I got tired of em. Best one was probably Batman 2.

Lain

It usually takes a while for the prices to update on the main page, go to the actual game page to see the real discount.

Though if the main page doesn't show a counter, the game is probably a mistake and will be replaced, as it was the case for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes earlier today.

It's trying to save you from yourself.
The latter half of the game is a shitty, never-ending slog to the end where they just keep throwing a bazillion enemies at you everywhere, peppered with huge bosses that you'll try to take on at first, before you twig to the fact that you can just hide behind a pillar and destroy them from cover without them being able to hit you every single time.

(Less flippant answer: haven't had that. Does the actual client do that too?)

My mate really wants to play it coop with me lol. Haven't tried the client, I was in bed when the sales hit last night.

Arthea

Gamestop had it for cheaper yesterday or some other day for $9.99. You're wasting like 20 cents

No deal

Deadlight is $2.99 though

gamestop don't like me, and 8,49€ isn't that bad... I'll probably buy it.
I really need to get some sleep, just understood what you really mean.
Yup, no deal! :)

RedSwirl

Really considering Splinter Cell.

I'm not expecting Chaos Theory, but people keep telling me it's basically the best Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. What is the level design in this game really like? To tell you the truth even Chaos Theory was quite linear most of the time, but what I liked about that game was how systemic its levels felt -- every area felt like it worked under the same basic rules and through those rules always seemed to give you multiple options for handling situations. Nothing felt canned or scripted like in Conviction. I'm honestly not expecting Blacklist to feel like this, but people told me it does offer lots of options. Basically, what's the design philosophy behind Blacklist's campaign?

To be honest I'm already thinking of getting it just for Spies vs Mercs, which I've seen is already close enough to the old school mode if you play it on classic.

hlhbk

Man jump on that Castlevania deal!!!!! Amazing game on PC! Do you need to understand the story from previous games for Splinter Cell to make any sense?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Deadlight is a flawed game that has some frustrations you'll have to overcome to win. Some sections, particularly in the later part of the game, are frustrating trial-and-error affairs. The story is also rather plain and predictable. But it's not a bad game, it has some pretty fluid mechanics and some rather smart level design often, with a few cool collectibles in little minigames you can collect and diary pages that are interesting enough. The environments look pretty, the music is nice... It feels like it holds itself back, though its hard to explain. But I don't regret playing it, I did in fact enjoy it. Catch it on a sale, and if the idea of a 2D Zombie game is interesting to you, I'll recommend it. But it has its rough patches of frustrations, some glitches, and sometimes feeling not very inspired.

I was waiting for Castlevania. I was hoping it would be 7.50 or less but screw it. Bought.

Kind of interested in Lego LOTRO but never played any of those Lego games. Any impressions? Are they kids games?

Derrick01

Banned
Tsk tsk Derrick01, let's not get crazy here :p

But yeah I enjoyed it, will buy to prepare for the 2nd one.

Ok I may have overextended myself there but it's certainly up there near the top. It's just a different type of game from the really old ones and the metroidvanias. It's a god of war clone but a really good one with an enjoyable story, great art style and a better combat system.

Supposedly 2 is going to be more metroidvania. The demo was unbelievable when I played it about a month ago although it was basically the tutorial. Still it was way harder and more exciting than most modern tutorial areas.

I played castlevania on the ps3, but I didn't like it very much. Too similar to god of war. I know it doesn't play exactly like it, but it's how if felt to me.

Wawahead

I was waiting for Castlevania. I was hoping it would be 7.50 or less but screw it. Bought.

Kind of interested in Lego LOTRO but never played any of those Lego games. Any impressions? Are they kids games?

There's some fun to be had in them, but yes, they seem to be pretty simple (though I've never tried Lego LOTR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom