• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Man Ubisoft sucks. I know they won't make deep price cuts on SC Blacklist since that game just came out, but why isn't the rest of the SC franchise -66% or -75%? And since those prices won't change for the Winter sale, I'll be waiting for months before the games have some decent price cuts. Ugh.

DocSeuss

I keep telling myself I can't (really, really can't) afford Shadowrun Returns. I appear to have conquered the urge to buy it.

I keep telling myself I can't (really, really can't) afford Shadowrun Returns. I appear to have conquered the urge to buy it.
image.php

It's supposed to be pretty good, although short. Do iiiiiiit~ But seriously, that has been me this whole sale :lol

Ok I may have overextended myself there but it's certainly up there near the top. It's just a different type of game from the really old ones and the metroidvanias. It's a god of war clone but a really good one with an enjoyable story, great art style and a better combat system.

Supposedly 2 is going to be more metroidvania. The demo was unbelievable when I played it about a month ago although it was basically the tutorial. Still it was way harder and more exciting than most modern tutorial areas.
Way too much handholding. Even 7 hours into it, the game still feels to need to inform you about every minute detail, and the invisible walls in service of the cinematic camera angles when traversing the levels stick out in places where they shouldn't be a bit too often.

I'm not too attached to the old Castlevania formula and I did go into this fully expecting an action game, but I don't know why the developers overlooked quirks like the above since they frequently obstruct the overall game flow (usually right when it starts getting fun again). Still intend to revisit it for the reasons you mentioned, but I've had my fill for the time being as the inconveniences became too grating for me to tolerate. Really curious about the sequel though, which if nothing else looks visually fantastic.

jwtsonga

do you guys think lego marvel could be 50% off this year?? Thought about Lego LOTR, but passed because I prefer Marvel source material...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, apparently I'm 7XP from level 10 for eligibility of booster packs. D: And I'm not sure what to do to get those 7XP.

man im losing patience for Guaca to go on daily/flash
in unrelated news
just finished ep 11 of Breaking Bad Season 5
Jesses gone nuts
id be mad too but i dont think what Walter did deserves burning his familys house down

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So, I have Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain, and The Binding of Isaac. Is there another game akin to these that I should get, or is this the holy trinity atm?

KorrZ

Just saw the flash sales...fuck yes Castlevania LOS! I already have it on 360 but for $10 double dipping is a must. Great game.

man im losing patience for Guaca to go on daily/flash
in unrelated news
just finished ep 11 of Breaking Bad Season 5
Jesses gone nuts
id be mad too but i dont think what Walter did deserves burning his familys house down

wait till you see the last episode. so emotional.

I just beat castlevania. Really surprised by this game. The views/scenery in this are beautiful and the best in the genre for me. Enjoyed it more than god of war franchise as well

Only thing I'm still hoping for is either a Tomb Raider or Ghost Recon deal. Pretty content with what I have, though wouldn't mind another good deal or two. Besides the Dishonored GOTY mixup and a couple great deals, I haven't seen anything that amazed me yet.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What is the game everyone was saying is a good Metroidvania side scroller with pixel graphics? Starts with an A I think and is new this year.

JakeD

To those who are super pissed about that oddly placed BB spoiler, all I'll say is it might not quite be as spoilery as you think.

I bought volgarr off their humble widget today. Probably should have waited for the Daily but their site was $7 and the best price the daily would have been is $6

I'm having a ton of fun with Max Payne 3 right now. While I'm not too drawn into the story, I am really interested in Max's past. It really makes me want to play the past Max Payne's just to hear more about him. I really like his whole narration throughout the game, and the gunplay is pretty great. I like how I really need to stay behind cover in this game or get killed. I was used to games like Uncharted where I can run out of cover and go rambo on everyone and still survive. Lastly the graphics are phenomenal, just amazing. I literally saw a sweat drop drip down from Max's face, that was cool.

My only cons so far is all the flashing that goes on when a cutscene happens. It's really annoying to my eyes. Also I hate how whenever I'm with someone, they rush me. I try to cover as much of the environment as I can to find all the golden gun pieces, I don't need someone behind me screaming hurry up.

Those cons are pretty small, but this game was worth it.

Relax.MX

I'm having a ton of fun with Max Payne 3 right now. While I'm not too drawn into the story, I am really interested in Max's past. It really makes me want to play the past Max Payne's just to hear more about him. I really like his whole narration throughout the game, and the gunplay is pretty great. I like how I really need to stay behind cover in this game or get killed. I was used to games like Uncharted where I can run out of cover and go rambo on everyone and still survive. Lastly the graphics are phenomenal, just amazing. I literally saw a sweat drop drip down from Max's face, that was cool.

My only cons so far is all the flashing that goes on when a cutscene happens. It's really annoying to my eyes. Also I hate how whenever I'm with someone, they rush me. I try to cover as much of the environment as I can to find all the golden gun pieces, I don't need someone behind me screaming hurry up.

Those cons are pretty small, but this game was worth it.

The first Max Payne:

596174821AFFADC3757A4A2891E27A13EAC04BDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom