• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the Legacy of Kain games hold up? I only vaguely remember playing one of them on PSX ages ago.

Don't really care about visuals, the gameplay is what I'm wondering about.

Relevant to my question: The pack is $3.36 on GMG with a coupon (TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/legacy-kain-pack/

They are enjoyable if you have xpadder. Soul Reaver 1 needs remapping via xpadder and not using the native controller detection. The same goes for SR2 but not by much. I haven't tried Defiance yet to see if that needs it as well. once you get the bindings mapped it is quite fun and holds up well.

Anteater

Max Payne 3 sure looks good, but man it's like metal gear cutscenes + doge meme + drunk filter, I can't take all of those at the same time.

Tellaerin

And OT-side is this seldom-poster:

ikutursomgip4.jpg

That's an unusual picture. It looks almost CG, like an in-game graphics version of Saoirse or something.

PBalfredo

How's Total War: Rome II? Is it worth the $30 or should I just get the original for $5 to satisfy without breaking the bank? Is there a sandbox mode in the original, or is it all just pre-made battles?

Phatmac

Are there any games that have cards that are expensive? It's basically a discount so if anyone has games like these that'd be swell. Hopefully they're good-ok games.

Tizoc

Caved in on Castlevania during this Flash deal.
Has GMG put up Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold on sale yet?

Elija2

I bought that last Christmas, if you're a Sega fan the price is worth it for ASRT and Generations alone, and if you're a Sonic fan you should buy it ASAP because it has both Adventures, Sonic CD, and more.

Yeah it's a mixed bag because of stuff like Sonic 4 being included but hey, it's a solid bundle.

I think I'd mostly be buying it for ASRT and Generations. I'm a Sonic fan but I don't need more versions of the Genesis games and the Adventure/Sonic 4 games are pretty mediocre.

If I buy the collection can I gift the games I don't want to other people?

Do you get cards even if you only own one episode? I should know, as I got both Ep 1 and 2 keys back when it first came out on Steam but I bought the full game so quickly after that that I don't think I even bothered to check.

I only have episode 1 and 2 and yes you still get the cards. I actually just got a foil!

I think I'd mostly be buying it for ASRT and Generations. I'm a Sonic fan but I don't need more versions of the Genesis games and the Adventure/Sonic 4 games are pretty mediocre.

Generations and ASRT are both excellent. I've been playing ASRT the last couple of nights and I was really surprised by how much the put into it.

denx

Nope. Everything comes bundled.

How's Total War: Rome II? Is it worth the $30 or should I just get the original for $5 to satisfy without breaking the bank? Is there a sandbox mode in the original, or is it all just pre-made battles?

From what I've read, Rome 2 is an avoid right now. The launch of the game was plagued with bugs which are still being worked on, and it also has a number of questionable design decisions (or so I've read). You would do better getting one of the older games, like the original Rome or Shogun 2 if you have the money.

Cody_D165

Banned

Unfortunately no. :(

From that bundle, ASRT and Generations are both great games, and the Steam iteration of Sonic CD with 16:9 support are fantastic.

If you're not an Adventure fan and have played all of the Genesis titles it does become a bit harder to recommend the bundle. The PC port of the original All-Stars Racing doesn't have online support, so I don't really consider that a great inclusion either.

I'd probably still recommend it just because ASRT, Generations, and CD are great, but again up to you. ASRT goes on sale quite regularly.

UnrealEck

Opinions on Dead Island friendless? I've read it's repetitive. Is it full of boring fetch quests? Does that ruin the game or does the combat, weapons, locations make up for it?

Tizoc

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 with a few mods end up looking and playing well.
The PS3 versions at least look and play better to me than the GC or DC versions.

FYC

Banned
Opinions on Dead Island friendless? I've read it's repetitive. Is it full of boring fetch quests? Does that ruin the game or does the combat, weapons, locations make up for it?

Pretty boring solo, and yes, all of the sidequests are terrible. I would just focus on the main stuff. It's a decent game at best.

gabbo

You mean I can have my own virtual Saoirse? Sign me up, please.

This would be creepy if you weren't so awesome.

Wait, there are that many of them? I just thought Jase had a really big collection and a quick rotation....

Also, just checked my PM's, thanks MarcoZombieCannon for Enclave.
edit: tried the key, and it says its been activated - Oh well, thanks anyway guy :)

Teknoman

Yeah I played Dead Island with Lonestar, Sutton dagger, and one other person (forget the name) and had a blast. Solo though? It gets really repetative. Exactly like Borderlands.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Teknoman

Well in light of that discount news and looking at how it seems to another of the few actual survival horror games today, I went with Contagion.

Is there a GAF group, or are people just mostly rolling with random?

Barzul

What are the bets for what GTAV look like on PC? Shitty port or the amazing graphic showcase. I couldn't beat it on 360 because of the framerate.

JaseC

What are the bets for what GTAV look like on PC? Shitty port or the amazing graphic showcase. I couldn't beat it on 360 because of the framerate.

Even if the PC version is just a quick copy and paste job of the X360 build, that's nothing ENB and texture mods won't fix (see: GTAIV).

UnrealEck

I'd bet on it being a decent port. Meaning it runs fine, looks fine but doesn't have a plethora of graphics options.
But I guess it depends on who ports it. I'm sure it'll be done by some branch of Rockstar. Max Payne 3 was a good Rockstar PC title. It ran pretty much as well as it can and it had pretty much what you would expect in terms of options in the menu and it had support for a controller.

I read that a lot of GTAIV's performance was sucked away by the reflections using a resolution that scales with the main rendering resolution of the engine. Meaning the higher the resolution you run the game in, the bigger the impact the reflections in the game will have.

Oh and I'll add that even if the game has really poor performance, it'll probably still run fine on a mid-range PC of today anyway.

Elija2

I'd probably still recommend it just because ASRT, Generations, and CD are great, but again up to you. ASRT goes on sale quite regularly.

Yeah, I have a feeling that ASRT is gonna be a daily/flash deal but I don't know about Generations. Considering I can get that huge collection for the same price as just Generations I think it's a pretty good deal even if one of the games goes on sale for cheaper.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-DF79F6503F9C91A6 - Taken by Clawww. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Enclave #2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1385885521z1.png

Bluth54

Wait, there are that many of them? I just thought Jase had a really big collection and a quick rotation....

Yeah for a little while I thought JaseC was playing Team Fortress 2 with TF2-Gaf since ClassyPenguin had changed in spray in the game to Saoirse Ronan.

JaseC

Yeah for a little while I thought JaseC was playing Team Fortress 2 with TF2-Gaf since ClassyPenguin had changed in spray in the game to Saoirse Ronan.

CS 4 lyfe (even though I don't play it much these days).

Cerity

Man, getting my times mixed up. Went to check the flash sales instead of GMG's 4 hour deals. STOP WITH THIS TIMED STUFF YO.

My friend cannot gift me the purchase of Castlevania RU+CIS edition because they disabled it for that region but can he trade it to me via trade option?

JaseC

My friend cannot gift me the purchase of Castlevania RU+CIS edition because they disabled it for that region but can he trade it to me via trade option?

How can he trade it to you if he can't buy it as a gift to store in his inventory? ;) Fortunately, though, you can get around this particular restriction:

It occurred to me earlier yesterday that the trick you can use to buy a four-pack as a gift, traders can also use to buy games that, by default, are not giftable. For example:

1kisav.jpg

Becomes:
2b6sjo.jpg

Basically:
1) In one tab, add a giftable game to your cart and click the "Purchase as a gift" button (don't go any further just yet)
2) In a second tab, add the game you wish to gift to your cart and remove the game you added previously
3) In the first tab, checkout as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom