• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Max Payne:

596174821AFFADC3757A4A2891E27A13EAC04BDA

wtf that's real?lol

DasFool

I have finally done it.

I bought the Groupees bundle to get 99 Spirits, activated it... EXCEPT, I forgot that 99 Spirits comes with the Japanese version of the game, Tsukumogami.

And as such...

s1u3.png

I have now done all New Years Resolutions I set out to do this year. I am content.

Now how many of those games will you actually play? Hmmmmmm?

Just kidding, congratulations on the milestone.

nbthedude

Ignoring the metascore how much of a metroidvania is the Flashback remake?

I thought it pretty much was a remake. If that's the case, Flashback isnt' very "Metriodvania" in the sense that it's pretty linear and you don't do a lot of backtracking or getting new items. It's really just a puzzle platformer. More akin to Prince of Persia with more adventure elements, which is it's lineage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alternatively, go buy up a cheap card set or finish one off that you have. That should net you a quick and relatively cheap 100XP.

Eh, I'm missing "Kat" and "Donte" in Donte Must Cry's card set, but I really don't want the badge for that... it's the only one near completion. All the others are 50% or 55% done.

Card Boy

Banned
I thought it pretty much was a remake. If that's the case, Flashback isnt' very "Metriodvania" in the sense that it's pretty linear and you don't do a lot of backtracking or getting new items. It's really just a puzzle platformer. More akin to Prince of Persia with more adventure elements, which is it's lineage.

Cheers. I was getting Shadow Complex vibes from the screens. Never really played the original.

I'm looking at this Giantbomb list and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is mentioned as a metroidvania. Are they smoking bongs or is it a metroidvania?

Eh, I'm missing "Kat" and "Donte" in Donte Must Cry's card set, but I really don't want the badge for that... it's the only one near completion. All the others are 50% or 55% done.
Don't want a badge? Nonsense. Spending a few cents is preferrable to a couple dollars if you're trying to level up. You could sell the DmC cards and use that money to get cards for another set.

Cheers. I was getting Shadow Complex vibes from the screens. Never really played the original.

I'm looking at this Giantbomb list and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is mentioned as a metroidvania. Are they smoking bongs or is it a metroidvania?
Kind of, but it isn't a very good one. It's cute and original (conceptually), but Hell Yeah! has its share of annoyances and it's not a game that'll keep you hooked for more than half an hour at a time.

I had fun with it, but it's rough around the edges.

Sayah

Both Witcher games and Amnesia Dark Descent are all on sale if it hasn't already been mentioned here. Playing through Witcher 1 and the combat is a click fest. Am I playing this right? Does it get better?

Tablo

Okay I'm going to try to avoid buying anything this sale and wait for Christmas, then I can hopefully get Rome 2, Blacklist, and Black Flag for under 30 bucks hopefully. Don't have time to play now so I shouldn't buy games, mind over matter XD

nbthedude

I think the best ones on Steam are:

Cave Story Plus (really good)
Aquaria
Rogue Legacy (kind of Metriodvania)
Dust: Elysian Tale (amazing)
The Swapper
Waking Mars

Valdis Story looks cool too but I haven't played it.

nbthedude

Both Witcher games and Amnesia Dark Descent are all on sale if it hasn't already been mentioned here. Playing through Witcher 1 and the combat is a click fest. Am I playing this right? Does it get better?

Yeah just upgrade the hell out of Igni and you'll cake walk through most of the fights. The combat in 2 is definitely improved but the way the narrative and side story of Witcher 1 all weave back into each other are amazing.

To be honest I found it pretty damn boring and clunky, and the online is almost dead. That and I don't know if you'd get enough credits to buy every Guardian if you didn't get it from the Humble Bundle.

Thanks for the heads up. Even the LotR license can't save this one it seems. I'll pass.

Rokal

Anyone interested in a Forced 4 pack? Have 2 copies left, message me on Steam (also Rokal) if interested in buying/trading for them.

KarmaCow

The Amazon ubersale is over but Payday 2 is really worth the $7.50. Surprisingly for such a co-op heavy game, community for the most part is welcoming and willing to guide new players through the game. There might not be a lot of missions or even unique maps but they really do a good job of making the objectives and barriers variable across different playthroughs. I did the same mission 3 times, and it varied from methodically slow stealth to going in, grabbing the goods and leaving within 30 seconds. I'm not a fan of the unlock system for mods though since it's purely RNG dependent but at least it isn't laced with microtransactions.

Barzul

Castlevania Lords of Shadow a good deal on Steam? Any opinions on it. Think it'll show up as a daily...I could probably wait till the winter sale tbh.

Milamber

Went back into Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. Playing a new game + DLC without any mods so as to get my business off the ground again. There are too many map mods which can screw around with profit percentages so I try to avoid them.

But I may put this mod on... mildly NSFW.

It gets so lonely out in the highway.

Prophane33

Went back into Euro Truck Simulator 2 again. Playing a new game + DLC without any mods so as to get my business off the ground again. There are too many map mods which can screw around with profit percentages so I try to avoid them.

But I may put this mod on... mildly NSFW.

It gets so lonely out in the highway.

I need that mod...for a friend.

Altazor

Do you think Valdis Story will get a daily? I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up before the sale's over, but if I can get an even lower price, that'd be great.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. What can I say.

FloatOn

I finally got around to playing Chivalry Deadliest Warrior tonight. For those that are getting on that bundle spring for the expansion. it's sogood.gif

Let me just say that there is something extremely surreal about a pirates vs knights death match on pirate isle....

692E00DED0C79F008CCBEE60EA8392E32D6F0445

you need this in your life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-B5C57C7B0C67F422 - Taken by Tellaerin
Cognition Episodes 1 and 2 -- MB-C3D949406579CFC2 - Taken by Tolerance

Tellaerin

Thanks, JaseC. : )

Here's an Enclave key from the DLH registration giveaway. I know some people had problems getting these to activate, so I make no promises, but hopefully it'll work for whoever wins it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-5FC1CB6AE195B3D7 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Rokal

Castlevania Lords of Shadow a good deal on Steam? Any opinions on it. Think it'll show up as a daily...I could probably wait till the winter sale tbh.

PC port looks/plays great and it's the first Castlevania game I've enjoyed in years. I double-dipped on the Xbox/PC versions at full price when they each came out and still feel like it was money well spent. It greatly benefits from being on PC where it doesn't run ~20 FPS throughout like the console versions.

My only hesitation recommending it would be if you didn't have a gamepad.

Cody_D165

Banned
So I'm finally getting the chance to dive into Spelunky and holy shit, this soundtrack is giving me serious Sega Genesis vibes. I have a feeling I'm going to love the shit out of this game.

Thanks, JaseC. : )

Here's an Enclave key from the DLH registration giveaway. I know some people had problems getting these to activate, so I make no promises, but hopefully it'll work for whoever wins it.

Let a few earlier giveaways pass me by - figured I might as well try this one. Will play it over the holiday season. Much appreciated, Tell!

EDIT: Code also doesn't seem to be working. Will try later. Thanks again!

Elija2

So, the Sonic Hits Collection: Generations + All-Stars Racing + Transformed + a ton of other Sonic games for only $15. Good deal or great deal?

Cody_D165

Banned
So, the Sonic Hits Collection: Generations + All-Stars Racing + Transformed + a ton of other Sonic games for only $15. Good deal or great deal?

I bought that last Christmas, if you're a Sega fan the price is worth it for ASRT and Generations alone, and if you're a Sonic fan you should buy it ASAP because it has both Adventures, Sonic CD, and more.

Yeah it's a mixed bag because of stuff like Sonic 4 being included but hey, it's a solid bundle.

The M.O.B

I finally got around to playing Chivalry Deadliest Warrior tonight. For those that are getting on that bundle spring for the expansion. it's sogood.gif

Let me just say that there is something extremely surreal about a pirates vs knights death match on pirate isle....

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451780795636605593/692E00DED0C79F008CCBEE60EA8392E32D6F0445/[/IMG]

you need this in your life.

C:DW aint got nothing on Pirates, Vikings and Knights II!

Chiv has the fancy graphics and gibs but PVK has the FREE source mod fun.

Teknoman

Chivalry is fun as hell, but there need to be more GAF matches. I think i've played like 3, and they were too fun to play anywhere else.

Aside from TF2 events, whats the go to PC exclusive stuff for GAF crazy MP now? I've been out of the loop.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase is currently sporting a Black and white Scorsese. ClassyPenguin has a santa version, and I think Knurrek still has Evil Twin Scorsese going. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. They've been multiplying lately.

classypenguinrmiqa.jpg
drgambitjbf2n.jpg
jasecebdqp.jpg
knurek4dddo.jpg
oldasursock1xiyl.jpg
pandapedintegscqd.jpg

And OT-side is this seldom-poster:

ikutursomgip4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom