• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killing floor is quite addicting, don't know why it took me so long to play it.

i'm at 96% achievements and 380 hours.

there's more to it the higher up you go in difficulty. teammates get better too so the game actually gets easier in some ways.

the two major downsides are that there's no in game advice for how to best beat it. all that stuff you have to look for in guides and wikis. you can always play it your way / suboptimally though and have fun

secondly, the very long ass grind to the top / lvl 6 perks. it's pretty fun just to play and get there but for some people it can be a turn off.

i can see why some people drop it without even giving it much of a try.

Jørdan

How's Total War: Rome II? Is it worth the $30 or should I just get the original for $5 to satisfy without breaking the bank? Is there a sandbox mode in the original, or is it all just pre-made battles?

As denx recommended, wait for the consensus from current owners that its improved. The original is great and you'll be able to pick it up for around $2, it'll go on sale at 75% at some point. There is a campaign and a sandbox mode, the main attraction for me is the former yet you can set up battle scenarios to customize skirmishes with a variety of troops, settings goals and so on too. Be sure to look into Medieval 2:TW, my favourite of the TW games. Great campaign with hundreds of hours, if not more to enjoy and a host of mods to enhance the game with a great community.

Anteater

max payne 3 is really kind of slow, not really liking the pacing of both the gunplay and the story so far, not sure if I'm having fun with it yet since it feels like there are a lot of cutscenes inbetween shooting every 2 dudes.

Wok

max payne 3 is really kind of slow, not really liking the pacing of both the gunplay and the story, not sure if I'm having fun with it yet since it feels like there are a lot of cutscenes inbetween shooting every 2 dudes.

This is what I thought to, but in the end, I got addicted to the cut-scenes. It is a matter of a few hours before the game clicks for you too.

Anteater

This is what I thought to, but in the end, I got addicted to the cut-scenes. It is a matter of a few hours before the game clicks for you too.

Yea I'll give it some time, not a bad game so far, and plus the game looks really good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are episodes sold seperately? On steam I can only see the season one package.

Nope. There was a loyalty discount, which reduced the price of the "season" depending on how many episodes you already owned (1 = 50%, 2 = 75%), but this expired a couple of weeks ago. Phoenix does offer episode packages on its site (2-4 and 3-4), however these haven't been marked down to align with the game's discount on Steam.

Is this for US only?

And Canada, yeah. A reminder, though, that if the game is discounted by half on Steam, it'll be on $15 on Steam AU and provided PayPal isn't a problem (or keys if you'd prefer, though USD$15 via PayPal would be a little cheaper), I can help out.

PBalfredo

From what I've read, Rome 2 is an avoid right now. The launch of the game was plagued with bugs which are still being worked on, and it also has a number of questionable design decisions (or so I've read). You would do better getting one of the older games, like the original Rome or Shogun 2 if you have the money.

Jørdan;91955659 said:
As denx recommended, wait for the consensus from current owners that its improved. The original is great and you'll be able to pick it up for around $2, it'll go on sale at 75% at some point. There is a campaign and a sandbox mode, the main attraction for me is the former yet you can set up battle scenarios to customize skirmishes with a variety of troops, settings goals and so on too. Be sure to look into Medieval 2:TW, my favourite of the TW games. Great campaign with hundreds of hours, if not more to enjoy and a host of mods to enhance the game with a great community.

Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up one of the previous ones instead for cheap. Now just to decide which one.

PriitV

Nope. There was a loyalty discount, which reduced the price of the "season" depending on how many episodes you already owned (1 = 50%, 2 = 75%), but this expired a couple of weeks ago. Phoenix does offer episode packages on its site (2-4 and 3-4), however these haven't been marked down to align with the game's discount on Steam.

Oh I see. Silly me, I assumed that I got the full season from groupees bundle :(

zkylon

zkylewd
just met with a friend that didn't like hannah. that douchebag

anyways, disappointed in me for not buying ac3 deluxe for $15 on amazon when I could

stupid stupid zky

Kitty

Banned
v9AoBOq.png

XTgg1E8.png

DwfD8rv.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone try out Rocksmith 2014? I haven't played in a while and am probably looking into trying to get back into guitar next month and was wondering if anyone else is having any luck with it.

Pengew

I think I need to stop checking out the Steam sales. I keep seeing games I would like to try and add them to my cart. Only to see that I already own the game. I have done this more than once now.

PriitV

Wow. It sucks or it's a good thing that I missed this...

Let me put it this way. I really really liked the first grid, I've put over 60+ hours into this by now, bought the Grid2 for dirt cheap (pun!) and I didn't find it fun or appealing at all. So no, it wouldn't be worth 10$ in my case.

Honey Bunny

Let me put it this way. I really really liked the first grid, I've put over 60+ hours into this by now, bought the Grid2 for dirt cheap (pun!) and I didn't find it fun or appealing at all. So no, it wouldn't be worth 10$ in my case.

What was so different? Apart from no cockpit view.

PriitV

What was so different? Apart from no cockpit view.

I'm not even sure. On the surface, they do look the same, they both have that from rags to riches structure going on, but this time around in grid2 it's more geared towards the younger generation, where you gain fame by having more views on youtube.
In grid2 you compete to prove yourself to those driving clubs whereas in grid1 you drove to improve your own team and gain money for new cars.

I'm not too far in grid2, but so far I've not encountered any real tracks, it's already getting boring to me, driving around on the same street courses in various metropolies or drifting around on the cliffs in Japan.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
6? Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Martian, in Swahili and Esperanto?

FM 2011 Korean, FM 2012 Korean, FM 2013 Asia, FM 2013 Korean, FM 2014 Korean and FM 2014 ROW (the regular, multi-language version).

it is scary, view of your library, you know that?

It's a miserable pile of unloved games. A lovely miserable pile of unloved games.

Flight Control HD, the only game JaseC plays.

Haha, I think that's just a holdover from when I had my entire library installed a couple of years ago or so (well before I began buying stuff willy-nilly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom