• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Why didn't MS release state of decay as an xbone game?

They don't own the IP, only provide slight funds and an avenue for publishing.

If the developers want to deal with them again for Xbox one, then they can do that. They may be able to fund the development of their next game at this point.

Tarin02543

Caution for Amnesia: machine for pigs: it is very lineair (which the first one was not) the scares are not there and most importantly: you can't move stuff around anymore eg. you can't fill a drawer with books.

It has that steampunk theme which I like but I would not recommend it to players who loved the first amnesia.

Dr Dogg

I see the Ronan Continuum has assimilated more members in to its existence.

Anybody and everybody pinning for an old school dungeon crawler should defiantly not miss out on Legends of Grimrock.

drgambit

Banned
1 more down, 5 more to go! (Well, 6 including FM 2014 ROW.)

fm13rubqugy.jpg

No worries. :)

tumblr_mf3vbbi8mm1qe8asep6.gif

How did you get your steam to look so cool?

<------ Team Saoirse here...

cicero

Why the edit?

I thought I had an extra code left for Legend of Grimrock to give Arthea. Apparently I never did buy the Humble Indie Bundle 7 as a gift but already gave someone my code from that bundle because I already had previously pre-ordered the game from the Humble Store.

Sorry again, Arthea. :(

I pre-ordered it at $12 and definitely felt it was worth it at that price. $3 is a great deal if you are interested in that dungeon hack genre or just want to try a quality indie title.

so does state of decay start to get really hard at some point
i just arrived at the church and i pretty much used my fists all the the time in the forest even against multiple zombies
maybe there's special enemies later?

also, brutal doom is just so fucking good, i just find it a bit sad that one of my best fps experiences of the year is a mod for a 1994 game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well put! :)
You need multiple "nope" folders-categories, for different languages.
Korean nope for example

I've no use for categories outside of one for non-Steam shortcuts as I don't play many games.

That's crazy, I was about to make this exact post.
You go out and about Jase, I will handle the Australian shift of guard duties.

I'm literally passing out right now. Good night guys.

Haha, if we keep syncing up so, soon enough you too will be sporting a Saoirse avatar. :p

UnrealEck

so does state of decay start to get really hard at some point
i just arrived at the church and i pretty much used my fists all the the time in the forest even against multiple zombies
maybe there's special enemies later?

I think there's hordes of enemies and there's also larger zombies. There's also more aggresive ones which I think also happens when they're part of a horde.

Arthea

I thought I had an extra code left for Legend of Grimrock to give Arthea. Apparently I never did buy the Humble Indie Bundle 7 as a gift but already gave someone my code from that bundle because I already had previously pre-ordered the game from the Humble Store.

Sorry again, Arthea. :(

I pre-ordered it at $12 and definitely felt it was worth it at that price. $3 is a great deal if you are interested in that dungeon hack genre or just want to try a quality indie title.

Really, don't fret about it, it happens to all of us, it's OK.
I'll buy it anyway, it's -80% after all!

is people just registering to neogaf to be in team saoirse now

back in my days we did it for the giveaways

sigh

mindblown! You probably right!

zkylon

zkylewd
also speaking skins I've gone back to default and I dunno why but now I really like it

I only miss the settings and downloads shortcut icons from metro

tried to dig up some info on Enclave, couldn't find a GAF thread though or anything hmm... what is it like? just a straight up RPG with awesome graphics? impressions?

Knurek

Anybody and everybody pinning for an old school dungeon crawler should defiantly not miss out on Legends of Grimrock.

I just wish there were more of them on Steam.

Come on, Ubi, release the older Might & Magic games.
Come on, Sega, port the Etrian Odyssey games as well. :(

I think there's hordes of enemies and there's also larger zombies. There's also more aggresive ones which I think also happens when they're part of a horde.

all right thanks
also, do you know where i can find the move list for keyboard ? there was a thread for this in steam community but i lost it and advanced moves aren't explained by the game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just wish there were more of them on Steam.

Come on, Ubi, release the older Might & Magic games.
Come on, Sega, port the Etrian Odyssey games as well. :(

The Early Access version of M&MX comes with a Steam copy of M&MVI, so there's that.

Edit: I'd pick up M&MX sooner rather than later if you'd like M&MVI, too, since it could go the way of Rayman 2 (an early bird incentive never to be seen on Steam again).

UnrealEck

tried to dig up some info on Enclave, couldn't find a GAF thread though or anything hmm... what is it like? just a straight up RPG with awesome graphics? impressions?

It's a very very basic RPG style third person action adventure. There's not much depth to the game if I remember right. From what I can remember it was a pretty mediocre game overall.

PriitV

I know this is a longshot, but are there any other games that play (gameplay wise) exactly like The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead by TellTale? I need that interactive movie experience.

<-- Team Meghan Markle

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I bought Legend of Grimrock accidentally, it somehow ended up in my cart of other titles I was buying on mobile Steam website and I'm hoping I didn't just do myself harm.

Perhaps you can put my mind at ease by answering a few questions.
Does it have a fair amount of length for a game?
Is there enough replay value to play a few times at least?
Will there be enough strategy required to do well, or is it just "hammer your way through" will work well enough (not that I would do so).
Could the game be any more entertaining if I pretend my character is Grimlock from Transformers?

UnrealEck

What do you mean? To activate or to buy? I bought some other games from nuuvem but didn't need a proxy then!

I had to use one to buy a game or it would tell me it's not available in my region. Might be different for different games though, or it could have been an error since the servers were being hammered at the time.

Arthea

I bought Legend of Grimrock accidentally, it somehow ended up in my cart of other titles I was buying on mobile Steam website and I'm hoping I didn't just do myself harm.

Perhaps you can put my mind at ease by answering a few questions.
Does it have a fair amount of length for a game?
Is there enough replay value to play a few times at least?
Will there be enough strategy required to do well, or is it just "hammer your way through" will work well enough (not that I would do so).
Could the game be any more entertaining if I pretend my character is Grimlock from Transformers?
That would be definitive yes case in any game, why even ask?
I'm still not quite sure are you joking or not (><)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZiuS7PMhuA

Decided to get The Witcher 2 while it was on sale. It's...playable for me, lowest settings and lower resolution, some lag, but it was more of a long term purchase so I'd have it when I get a better computer. Surprisingly I find the KB/M controls much better than controller

So who else is hyped for Starbound?

Jørdan

I think I need to stop checking out the Steam sales. I keep seeing games I would like to try and add them to my cart. Only to see that I already own the game. I have done this more than once now.

Enhanced Steam which is GAF approved has ton of features including highlighting owned and wishlisted games. I've found it indispensable, it blends seamlessly into Steam website and offers much of what is currently lacking.

not sure do I want Legend of Grimrock

LoG is fantastic, so too with the developer, community and mod support.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That would be definitive yes case in any game, why even ask?
I'm still not quite sure are you joking or not (><)

Tis a joke of course. I don't actually know anything about Transformers, but it came up in a search when auto correct turned a typo of "grimtock into "grim lock" and I already hit entered. I thought it was funny.

I still don't know if I'll enjoy the game when I return home and play it, but enough people on my friend list seem to have it and played it a fair amount of hours, so I'm hoping my mistake turns out okay.

Decided to get The Witcher 2 while it was on sale. It's...playable for me, lowest settings and lower resolution, some lag, but it was more of a long term purchase so I'd have it when I get a better computer. Surprisingly I find the KB/M controls much better than controller

So who else is hyped for Starbound?
To anyone who hasn't bought Witcher 2, buy it, it's awesome, and it's not going to get cheaper any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom