• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkidu

Decided to get The Witcher 2 while it was on sale. It's...playable for me, lowest settings and lower resolution, some lag, but it was more of a long term purchase so I'd have it when I get a better computer. Surprisingly I find the KB/M controls much better than controller
I bought it too for the third time just to have it on Steam. M/KB is superior to a gamepad for the game though so it's hardly surprising that you prefer it that way.

Arthea

Tis a joke of course. I don't actually know anything about Transformers, but it came up in a search when auto correct turned a typo of "grimtock into "grim lock" and I already hit entered. I thought it was funny.

I still don't know if I'll enjoy the game when I return home and play it, but enough people on my friend list seem to have it and played it a fair amount of hours, so I'm hoping my mistake turns out okay.

you broke my heart :(

Hanzou

Was going to by Max Payne 3 with CSGO right now as I got home from work, failed to notice or remember that it was a flash deal today, not a daily, d'oh!

cicero

because it's mostly fun and concentrated in this thread I guess

also suarez is hawt
What needs to happen is for it to take on strange cult-like aspects, where only a secretive inner cabal who wear similar Scorcese Romulan masks like Jase have access to Jase, who has taken to dressing in flowing metallic Mumu type garments and referencing himself in the royal "plural of majesty" voice. And all who participate in the Steam threads must come to pay homage by kneeling and knuckling their foreheads as he sits atop his 2,100+ game throne.

Jawmuncher

Glad I grabbed Castlevania for 10.16
Already own it on PS3 but it's worth the double dip.

Also what's the news of Mirror of Fate coming to PC thought that was happening or was I mistaken?

fantomena

I want Mutant Mudds and tons of other indies and games, but they are all 50% and will proabably go lover down the road. Decisions...

classypenguinrmiqa.jpg
drgambitjbf2n.jpg
jasecebdqp.jpg
knurek4dddo.jpg
oldasursock1xiyl.jpg
pandapedintegscqd.jpg

And OT-side is this seldom-poster:

ikutursomgip4.jpg
Why?

zkylon

zkylewd
What needs to happen is for it to take on strange cult-like aspects, where only a secretive inner cabal who wear similar Scorcese Romulan masks like Jase have access to Jase, who has taken to dressing in flowing metallic Mumu type garments and referencing himself in the royal "plural of majesty" voice. And all who participate in the Steam threads must come to pay homage by kneeling and knuckling their foreheads as he sits atop his 2,100+ game throne.

hmm that sounds gross

I like it

Damn, I need to work on my games.
I've just experienced the beauty of blurays on HDTV this friday, and I've been experiencing it all weekend.

didamangi

Finally bit on a game (State of Decay) after watching Force's checkout video, and I also can't praise Valdis Story enough, bought it with the 50% off coupon and just finished it yesterday with one of the playable characters and wow the game is ridiculously awesome, I loved Dust but Valdis blew it away in terms of gameplay and replayability.

C4rter

I bought Legend of Grimrock accidentally [...]
Does it have a fair amount of length for a game?
Is there enough replay value to play a few times at least?
Will there be enough strategy required to do well, or is it just "hammer your way through" will work well enough (not that I would do so).

- I think so, it took me 19 hours to beat the game
- The replay value of the main campaign isn't very high because nothing will actually change on the second play through. But there are many user generated dungeons, some of which are really good.
- The strategy is mostly kiting from the enemies away to avoid being hit and use the ranged weapons guys (bow and arrow/magic) to your advantage. There definitely is strategy involved, but there is also blunt force.

Arthea

Does steam Guacamelee comes with El Diablo Domain in it? don't see any info on that.

I think I may beat king's bounty this time

I'm up to 70 hours on my past two weeks

I'm addicted

I think that's the first time someone mentions KB in steam thread, who's not me.
I like you ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
I think that's the first time someone mentions KB in steam thread, who's not me.
I like you ;)
wait you didn't like me before?

fuck you too dude

also I really wish I found a cyclops salesman, I've accidentally killed all I had and now I'm just throwing hundreds of snakes at 'em like an idiot

I think I may beat king's bounty this time

I'm up to 70 hours on my past two weeks

I'm addicted

Talking about the Legend?

That game is SO underrated on here, it's fucking awesome too so it's a damn shame!!

I spent 150 hours on KB the Legend, so worth it!! Can't wait to find some time to actually start Armored Princess Campaign...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's the same price that's on Steam right now. The flash deal was 66% I think.

Not everybody lives in Brazil, though. ;) BRL$25 = USD$10.70. To clarify once more, only certain items on Nuuvem are restricted to Brazilian customers and Castlevania is not one of them:

nuuvemevukm.jpg

Arthea

If by El Diablo's Domain you mean the area where there are a bunch of challenges, then yes it's in Steam version by default.

If that and El Infierno are one and the same, then yes.
Edit: Beaten.

yup, thanks

wait you didn't like me before?

fuck you too dude

also I really wish I found a cyclops salesman, I've accidentally killed all I had and now I'm just throwing hundreds of snakes at 'em like an idiot
No no no, I liked you, but now I really like you.
C'mon son, snakes aren't that bad. (><)

That game is SO underrated on here, it's fucking awesome too so it's a damn shame!!

I spent 150 hours on KB the Legend, so worth it!! Can't wait to find some time to actually start Armored Princess Campaign...
I know! I keep repeating that, nobody listens. :(
Granted, many people played it long ago and not necessary on steam, but still.

zkylon

zkylewd

well right now I'm playing kb armored princess aka kb waifu edition. got 90 hours on ron gilbert edition but I was playing it on hard and got stuck and had to drop it.

not feeling waifu edition as much as I did ron gilbert edition since this game feels so darnedly serious I don't even bother to read the dialogue. I miss being able to marry zombies.

I don't think there's much game left, I have about 2 and a half isles (waifu edition is divided in isles which makes it a lot less about backtracking which is beautiful) or something. it's not really a no-kills run or anything, I'm not even playing it on hard, but I'm enjoying it.

Well this is certainly unique. I wonder why this particular person is so popular.
thisisneogaf.gif

also people seem to like that jasec person for some reason

not me doe

She's likeable and very good at what she does.
cute that you'd answer

No no no, I liked you, but now I really like you.
C'mon son, snakes aren't that bad. (><)
ooo thanks babe

anyways, I'm packing snakes because I killed my cyclops and my trolls and my paladins (I'm an idiot and stored them in a castle, sieged it and then they were dead) so I just popped about 200 snake eggs which left me with 999 shitty lvl 2 snakes that I just use as cannon fodder and sort of revive with resurrection, like 40 at a time. a few get left behind every fight, but I have like 40 more eggs lying around, and if I run out of snakes I still have a shit ton of fairie eggs

This thread has gotten...strange.

I don't plan to buy it as the price is too steep for me but what is Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs like? I highly enjoyed The Dark Descent but did not have much interest in the sequel, and thus never paid any attention to the user response to it. I was, therefore, quite surprised while reading the user reviews for the game and a vast reduction in player agency was reported. Can anybody comment on this? It's quite disappointing if so.

JaseC

Eyes Wide Shut: Steam Thread Edition.

also people seem to like that jasec person for some reason

not me doe

Aw. :(

This is not really a Steam related question, but since this thread serves as an all-puropse PC-thread I'll ask here anyway. With all the sales going on, is there anywhere Battlefield 4 Premium is discounted?

JaseC

This is not really a Steam related question, but since this thread serves as an all-puropse PC-thread I'll ask here anyway. With all the sales going on, is there anywhere Battlefield 4 Premium is discounted?

Apparently not.

I sense some resentment coming from you

maybe your inferior avatar lady is jealous?

As renowned philosopher Scooby-Doo once said: "Ruh-roh!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom