• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

I am in. NaM is too I think. I can't host because I am in WA and have to pay the 6.5% sales tax because Valve is based here.

Any other US based people here interested in hosting? The Contagion 4 Pack is $2.81 averaged out, and this is the lowest this game is going to be for a while, according to the developers, the current price was a mistake that won't be repeating during the Holiday sale.
Alrighty. Let's wait until the Americans wake up then :p I do however need 2 copies (one for a friend as well) so that would mean there would be no space for NaM :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What rumor?
What rumor
The one we should start right now just because.

So, too bad there's no winter sale, gonna buy everything I need on Tuesday and the rest has to wait until spring.

Wait, I thought someone posted here awhile ago involving an e-mail that "we have autumn sale this late because there won't be a xmas sale"

Uhh what? We already know when the xmas sale is, it was leaked weeks ago.

Ahh so it was the other way around?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alrighty. Let's wait until the Americans wake up then :p I do however need 2 copies (one for a friend as well) so that would mean there would be no space for NaM :(

NaM's grown accustomed to missing out on things. :p

I just talked to Gabe, he confirmed there is no christmas sale this year. Sorry folks. Pack it up.

Everybody pick your weapons.

publishing_mob.png

Derrick01

Banned
I really hope the "no Xmas Sale" is a rumor. That's like Santa Gabe not doing a run :(

Winter sale is going to suck because it was already leaked in that memo and supposedly they're using the same prices on the games that were dailies in this sale. So no chance of splinter cell and rome TW2 diving below $30 :(

UnrealEck

Final Fantasy 14 is somewhat tempting. I played the beta and it seemed pretty decent. I'm a huge WoW fanboy though so I might end up playing it and picking it apart.
It seems no one really plays it now too.

Also no decent deal on Tomb Raider yet.

Divius

Any reason you need the host to be from the US? because AFAIK you still need to pay Paypal's fee if you are from any other country.
US is cheaper than the EU store. Last time I paypalled money to someone it cost me an additional 1 cent.

Turfster

Any reason you need the host to be from the US? because AFAIK you still need to pay Paypal's fee if you are from any other country.

The dollar is weaker than the continental currencies, making games much cheaper if you get someone in the US to buy them.

Lol, just got a Skyrim booster pack. Gabe is watching this thread.

I got a Walking Dead one a couple of days ago. 3x "A New Day"!

I really shouldn't open them, just leads to no-foil disappointment, not that I can sell my only foil anyway. People keep under-cutting me.

Volotaire

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It is $11.24 for me as well. I pay that extra 6.5% on top of that too though.

I have a 20% tax :lol but it's for every purchase in dollars so it's the same if I buy it or not since all purchases will be in dollars either way (steam, paypal or whatever). Anyway I can host.

I got a Walking Dead one a couple of days ago. 3x "A New Day"!

I really shouldn't open them, just leads to no-foil disappointment, not that I can sell my only foil anyway. People keep under-cutting me.

Three cards, two of them a double. Oh well, I can use them for the next badge I craft. Just need two more cards for another level.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Winter sale is going to suck because it was already leaked in that memo and supposedly they're using the same prices on the games that were dailies in this sale. So no chance of splinter cell and rome TW2 diving below $30 :(

Oh so that's what the email is, I thought it was about Xmas being canceled.

CRISIS AVERTED. BACK TO SHENANIGANS.

JaseC

I don't think Valve will stream a show if there is no mention of valve/Steam, so I bet there is a certain Valve announcement incoming.

Alternatively, since the only game Valve's ever announced at an event is L4D2 at E3 2009 (even HL2 was confirmed to be at E3 2003 ahead of the event), Steam is getting the online services integration within the next week:

Even assuming Valve announces a game, though, it wouldn't be HL3 but L4D3 -- the little evidence we have that both games exist suggests the latter is further along.

I don't think Valve will stream a show if there is no mention of valve/Steam, so I bet there is a certain Valve announcement incoming.

My point was actually streaming the show itself :lol Steam doesn't have features like that atm, but if they'll stream it, that means we'll have that function at this point of time next week. Would be cool to get some announcement from them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Necrovex

Seriously? Man that's a serious bummer. Let's hope Amazon saves us from a bleak X-mas.

JaseC

Seriously? Man that's a serious bummer. Let's hope Amazon saves us from a bleak X-mas.

It's to be expected as there are only three weeks separating the end of the Autumn Sale from the beginning of the Winter Sale.

Dr Dogg

More often than not NA prices are cheaper due to no VAT unlike everything here in the Uk and the EU. Though it's swings and roundabouts as some stuff is cheaper in the UK, sometimes EU prices are cheaper Drizz usually hooks people up with cheaper Brazil deals as does Salsa sometimes plus I'm sure for you in Argentina has some stuff cheaper than elsewhere and then there's region specific subs like that Mafia II dlc. steamprices.com has a top bargains, top ripoffs section to compare prices between NA, UK and EU and showing the differing percentages.

Lain

It sucks to have your debit card blocked on Steam sales. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the Christmas sales

I learned the hard way the first Steam Sale I participated in. Put some money into your steam wallet, because it's easy to have purchases happen back to back and lock your card.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Serious bummer. No reason for me to be excited for the winter sale this year. Hopefully SOMETHING will be different.

cicero

Plus there is that great added bonus of having our Amazon digital game purchases also give us $5 credit (to be redeemed in January) per purchase. The past two years have had really great Amazon January deals, despite the downward trend in Steam Holiday Sale deals and promotion. At least Valve is determined to maintain the ability of other retailers to undercut Valve itself. Hurray for us.

I've never played a Final Fantasy, but love RPG's. Is FF VII worth picking up? It doesn't look too hot, but it seems there are lots of mods for it, which is encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom