• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that if I replay games that I played years ago when they were originally released the nostalgia goggles help obscure 99% of the game's issues. However, if I play a game that is generally revered that I didn't play at the time of it's release then I find it a much harder job doing so. I find it's best to treat it as a history lesson and keep one's expectations in check. That's hard though when it is pretty much universally fellated.

I am entirely the opposite of this. I find people's nostalgia goggles point out things I can enjoy.

I played Final Fantasy VII for the first time in 2005 and I thought it was a pretty interesting experience, partially because there was so much talk about why the game was so revered.

Just snagged Cognition: Episode 1 thanks to Baha!

4d3FVqA.jpg

Skab

I've hardly dug into the price history of every 2010-2012 release on Steam, but the only two games I'm aware of that didn't have identical discounts between the Autumn and Winter Sales (excluding titles that weren't featured during the former but were during the latter, as well as titles that skipped the former but were included in the latter) are Portal 2 (2011) and Cities XL 2011 (2010). Deeper discounts can happen but from what I've gleaned they're very rare.

Are you talking flash/daily or base?

Martian

State of decay looks intriguing. Is it worth a whole 10 dollars? Should I wait for a later sale?

I havent played it myself, but what I have heard/seen from it, its supposed to be pretty good.
Not sure its worth it, but it looks like it is

Arthea

totally OT but I have to share it: outside is snowing and raining with thunder... in December. It might be the end of world, if you wanna buy some games still, do it now.
seriously, it's so weird

Not the PC version they should, lest they want to give Square-Enix the signal that they're perfectly okay having to deal with flakey online-only DRM and general in-game inaccuracies.

I so wish we got orchestrated soundtrack with PC version, it's glorious!

The thing about FF7 and its flaws imo are that they really aren't that big in the scheme of things. At least that is my view of them so far. I am pretty far into the first disc... so maybe there are more later? My main things so far are the QTEs but those are done in a way that you move on even if you fail them so no big problem. The other is the POV on the main world scrolls very slowly it is a little bit of a hindrance.

These are real, but small flaws in the game I see.

Totally worth replaying today cause the game is one of the specials that stands the test of time imo.

Sorian

Banned
totally OT but I have to share it: outside is snowing and raining with thunder... in December. It might be the end of world, if you wanna buy some games still, do it now.
seriously, it's so weird

My city has some fog going on right now that would put Inaba to shame. I expect a dead body strung up on a lightpole to be found this morning.

Vargavinter

Is there any good way to play wireless from pc to tv via HDMI? Just moved to a new apartment and don't want to have a HDMI-cable through the rooms. Or should I just wait for more info about the stream-box?

State of decay looks intriguing. Is it worth a whole 10 dollars? Should I wait for a later sale?

I thought SoD it was a pretty cool. The game begins to get a little easy at the halfway point because supplies are so plentiful, but it's definitely worth playing.

Are you in the US? SR4 is region locked.

And I've always thought you were a cool cat ;)

:D

Your place or mine?

I am entirely the opposite of this. I find people's nostalgia goggles point out things I can enjoy.

I played Final Fantasy VII for the first time in 2005 and I thought it was a pretty interesting experience, partially because there was so much talk about why the game was so revered.

Oh it's always interesting but my success rate has been sadly rather low. I'm glad for you that your attempts have been more successful :).

FloatOn

What's the issue with War of the Roses? I start the game and I get a black screen with nothing happens. I click and the game CTD with no error message.

Just buy Chivalry instead. It completely outclasses War of the Roses. The Deadliest Warrior expansion is glorious too if you feel like dropping a bit of extra coin.

Arthea

you not gonna believe this, but gmg 4 hours deal has
Fallen Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -75%
I feel like I posted it 10 times this week

other deals:
Endless Space Gold Edition -66%
The Wolf Among Us -33% (not steam)
Stardrive -66%

bonus:
Deponia -75%

Note: Not Steam

oh thanks for pointing it out, haven't noticed

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oh :( didn't actually notice that, thanks!

No problem. Last time it was on sale at GMG, a lot of people had to contact support because they thought the game came with a Steam key.

If it did, I'd probably bite on this price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that Keighley stuff thread worthy btw or just wait for next week?

I'd wait. The show (seemingly) being streamed within Steam doesn't necessarily mean the online services integration will hit over the coming week -- it could just be an ad hoc thing.

derExperte

I was going for what was mentioned before, since I missed the e-mail.

Wait, you're the guy who told me that I should read the steamdb links for the Popcap bundles even though they never showed any in the links themselves, complete with the smug emoticon!

Maybe you should take your own advice?

I totally didn't get what you meant back then. You asked about the games included and the steamdb listed them?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, Jase, you're letting your Ozzie show again. ;)
It's only the 1st for Valve, and the sales run through to the 3rd.

Haha, bloody hell. This is why, in the past, I'd ban myself from posting on the internet after midnight -- too many silly mistakes.

I'd wait. The show (seemingly) being streamed within Steam doesn't necessarily mean the online services integration will hit over the coming week -- it could just be an ad hoc thing.

Fair enough. It just seems people took away the wrong thing from that Keighley tweet :lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's the general opinion on Forced? Is it a Diablo-esque game?

Also how is Cities in Motion 2 compared to the first?

I totally didn't get what you meant back then. You asked about the games included and the steamdb listed them?

First thing I did when they said popcap had two bundles via registry was to check up on them. But the links didn't have them. I even thought people guessed the games due to the background image. All it showed was Information.

elhav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Limbo -- MB-8F0A02457F9D0F51 - Taken by Shambles. 1 entrants total.

t1385915897z1.png

Turfster

Aww but metro tracks are fun

So they take up much more space than usual or is the interface for laying out rails bad?
A bit of both, sadly. Connecting tracks underground is incredibly fiddly. There's a reason there's so many youtube guides for how to do metro tracks in Cities in Motion 2.

This is the most inane complain I've ever done in gaming, but I can't play Killing Floor because of the shit server browser.

I just get annoyed looking at it. Stopped playing it 8 months ago because of it.

derExperte

This is the most inane complain I've ever done in gaming, but I can't play Killing Floor because of the shit server browser.

I just get annoyed looking at it. Stopped playing it 8 months ago because of it.

If you filter enough stuff (only one difficulty, no full servers etc) it's bearable but I don't understand why they never improved it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also how's Counter Strike Global Offensive? Are the players as abundant like in TF2 or L4D and the servers are abundant worldwide?

A bit of both, sadly. Connecting tracks underground is incredibly fiddly. There's a reason there's so many youtube guides for how to do metro tracks in Cities in Motion 2.

Ahh yeesh.

What are the improvements though? Better laying of paths? More options?

I guess I'll wait for a "complete" pack, unless they're finished with the DLC?

This is the most inane complain I've done in gaming, but I can't play Killing Floor because of the shit server browser.

Weird, I can browse fine. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom