• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Amazon has the Deus Ex Augmented edition for $6 today

edit: Forgot Augmented and Director's Cut aren't the same, so you'd have to add $5 to get the DC content once you own the game

deus ex dc is $5 on the uplay store, activates on steam.
The problem is, in preparation for the steam sale I had $107 in my steam wallet. Unless steam has the sale I can't afford it lol.

Altazor

Bought Shadow Warrior. The discount was too good to pass up.

On the other hand, I can't buy Valdis Story because I'm out of money... argh :(

Stitch

Gold Member
Shadow Warrior is great. Even though it's a shooter I have to say that the best thing about it is actually the Katana + the special moves. Fighting hordes with it is soo much fun.

It also lets you search for keycards and it has many secrects because the levels are not just a long corridor. And it's about 14 hours long so more than twice as long as your typical Dudebro-Military Shootbang.

Oh it it also has bosses. And absolutely no QTEs or stealth sections.

Turfster

I believe you!

So what about Binary Domain? Heard Giantbomb loved Binary Domain last year, couldn't really see it. What am I missing?

I haven't actually played Binary Domain yet, since I've heard bad things about the PC port and its controls.
(I picked up a 500 yen copy recently for the PS3 instead, since I've heard good things about it myself from people whose opinions I trust)

Had some spare £££ lying in my Steam account so had to decide between AoE2 or Civ5: Brave New World.....

*Bongo drum*

I hope I made the right choice. I just couldn't resist the nostalgia trip AoE2 will provide.

Hopefully Civ 5 DLC will be on sale again around Xmas. :)

UnrealEck

Not familiar with the Dragon age series, is Origins the first? It looks like a good deal at that price...

Buy it if you like old school RPGs with some thought and strategy you'll probably like it. It's not as crazy in-depth as Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights but it's good enough. The ultimate edition also has a crapload of content.

Anyone know where to get Enslaved for Steam for $10 or less?

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...ID.290168900/categoryId.66701200#.UpzS6eJOwt4

AJ_Wings

Shadow Warrior bought so hard.

Really tempted to get Wolf Among Us but I guess I'll wait for the Christmas sale. Borderlands 2 and Shadow Warrior will do for now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People should get Dust.

Also why is Scribblenauts expensive?

also dat TR price. Still not worth the price but wow at the discount

Tizoc

Oh nice I thought the amazon deal ended! How long wil it last though? I want to wait til the very last daily deal before considering getting it from Amazon.

Also, Mirage is $9.00 on Steam as well.

Apdiddy

Today's deals look really good.

The Stanley Parable and Shadow Warrior look really tempting and will get bought.

Argh, I guess Risk of Rain, Valdis Story: Abyssal City and Blood of the Werewolf are going to show up as flash/daily deals.

Dr Dogg

Oh nice I thought the amazon deal ended! How long wil it last though? I want to wait til the very last daily deal before considering getting it from Amazon.

Also, Mirage is $9.00 on Steam as well.

I think according to the leaked spreadsheet it ends today (amazon.com time what ever they use). I'm still holding out on a comparative Steam flash deal to save myself 20p or so because I'm a tight git.

Dolor

If EA had any courage, they should do this:

Put DA: Origins on sale for $7.50 on Steam and $5 on Origin on the same day, same hours, everything. Then they should see how many sales they get on Steam that day. If they get a trivial amount because it was cheaper on Origin, then Origin exclusivity is a good call for their games. If they sell a bunch on Steam (I would wager good money they would sell more on Steam), then Origin exclusivity is a bad idea for them.

One simple test, and then they would have a really good idea what the value of putting your game in front of 65M people is.

UnrealEck

I think I'll get Dust too. The art style looks incredible. I'm not really a big fan of simplistic 2D RPGs and platformers though but I think I might still enjoy it.

denx

So this is the last day of the sale right? Doesn't seem like they would make an Encore day tomorrow if it messes up the schedule of the Midweek Madness.

okayfrog

Banned
I see a lot of negative reviews for Age of Empires 2 HD. Is that just because all they did was enhance the resolution? If so, definitely gonna pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom