• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

gaben is testing the shit out of my wallet

but I'm going to hold out for some of these re-appearing in the winter sale

Arthea

Well, 80% off of a number means you multiply the rest of 80% with the number, which would be 20% = 0.2. Multiply 0.2 * 50 and you get 10. It's simple math, really.

That's not what I mean, I mean 50€ base price for it still? Who would pay that? (><)

FACE

Banned
I want it but $20 is a bit too much still.

It's $20 for hundreds of hours of great gaming man. With that being said, there's an expansion coming out in January that'll change some gameplay systems for the better, so you might want to wait until the next summer sales and grab the game + the dlc/expansions with a better discount.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't get over the art :(
Should I buy or not?

I can't say, because I honestly don't understand criticisms over the game's art. It looks beautiful and would fit in with classic animated movies. The negative connotations applied by people who spend way too much time in frightening corners of the internet are unfortunate.

MNC

Nuuvem really is insane in its prices. 2 euros for Alien: Colonial Marines? That might be worth it just to see the horrible state it is.

Lain

Tomb Raider DLC, is it cheat style (buy it to unlock stuff that you could unlock by playing the game) or added stuff?

denx

Wait a minute a few hours ago I was going to buy Tomb Raider for 50% off on steam now its $10. The fuck Steam?

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
KOFXIII is -50%. Come on, it's 14 bucks, just came out and is a great version of a good game. Everybody should get it. I need future SNK games on PC.

Already sent my money to Valdis and Shadow Warrior. Xmas sale it shall be.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Also just because I have been really negative about it recently: If you have looked into Brutal Legend and know what the game is and it sounds interesting, jump on it at this price! I hated the game, even I'd recommend spending 2 bucks for the game's menu and the world it sets up.

Yort

So I bought Dust and Brutal Legend. Their store pages show that I own them, but they aren't appearing in my library to install.

Edit: They just showed up. I've never seen a delay like that on Steam before.

Tomb Raider DLC, is it cheat style (buy it to unlock stuff that you could unlock by playing the game) or added stuff?
A few upgrades are unlockable, but the costumes are all DLC.

None of them are worth it though. The multiplayer is trash and the game isn't really worth replaying with other costumes.

Presco

I expected better Gaben. No deus ex discount and only 25% for Arkham origins? I thought they would at least match the $40 ACIV deal the console versions are getting.

Check out the BST thread for Batman and ACIV. Lots of people unloading the Nvidia bundles. I bought them both plus the new Splinter Cell for $45 total.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I expected better Gaben. No deus ex discount and only 25% for Arkham origins? I thought they would at least match the $40 ACIV deal the console versions are getting.

Amazon has the Deus Ex Augmented edition for $6 today

edit: Forgot Augmented and Director's Cut aren't the same, so you'd have to add $5 to get the DC content once you own the game

Martian

I know I am dumb, but I just bought the Forgotten Empires Expansion like 3 hours ago.

Not really mad, because thats one thing that I would have bought full price anyways. I like supporting them (contrary to paying 30 euros for Black Ops (1))

So I heard that Dust is 9hrs+ long. Is that true? If that is true then consider me sold, if the game looks that nice and is that long. That's like music to my ears.

denx

The only Tomb Raider DLC you might be interested in is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC, which adds a new tomb to explore for the single player campaign.

Apart from that, don't bother with the rest of the DLC (although I bought the Aviatrix skin because it looked cool).

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
8fBROl6.jpg

deus ex dc is $5 on the uplay store, activates on steam.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So I heard that Dust is 9hrs+ long. Is that true? If that is true then consider me sold, if the game looks that nice and is that long. That's like music to my ears.

Sounds about right. I think I put more than 10 in when I finished it, but I did a decent amount of screwing around and backtracking for hidden areas and collectibles.

Some pulls from the GMG 4play sale
http://www.greenmangaming.com/4-play-climax/

Teleglitch - $3.24
Sine Mora - $1.99
Don't Starve - $7.49
DuckTales - $7.49
Reus - $2.99
Another World - $3.39
PixelJunk Monsters - $2.49
PixelJunk Shooter - $4.49

Should all work with 20% voucher TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH

Everyone grab Teleglitch. It's a scifi-horror roguelite with excellent top-down shooter gameplay and a brilliant, claustrophobic art style. It also has one of the best designed menus I have ever seen in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom