• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Here's the thing though. With most, if not all with some registry digging and support chats, EA games on Steam register on Origin. Though obviously it's doesn't work vise versa. So technically with a Steam copy you get 2 copies. Some though won't work online due to their account nature but for offline games no probs.

That may be true, but I doubt that is what most customers think about. And unlike me, I doubt most think about Origin vs. Steam either to be fair. The difference is that more people will see the deal on Steam because more people are just there. It's what every indie dev says, and it's no less true for EA. Just being on Steam is implicit marketing to the perfect target audience.

NG28

So, the price of Tomb Raider just went up. From 80% off of $50 to 80% off of $70. ($10->$14)

That is for the TR collection. Click through to the store page and TR by itself is still $10.

edit- Think of the sales on the front page as brand sales instead of individual game sales. Sometimes steam cycles through the different deals and displays those on the front page.

KScorp

... No it didn't?
I'm still seeing it at 10US$/10€ off 50$/€

It just went back down. I was refreshing the page and it went up to $70 base, and I refreshed again and it's back down to $50.

Honestly don't know what Valve/EA are doing.

That is for the TR collection. Click through to the store page and TR by itself is still $10.

That might be it. It's a bit confusing since they were switching back and forth.

So, the price of Tomb Raider just went up. From 80% off of $50 to 80% off of $70. ($10->$14)
kXDg0xq.png

What?

Relax.MX

It seems like the only thing left is the next flash sale before everything repeats.

I guess I'm just going to buy Deadly Premonition for $12 already. I should have enough left after purchasing it to buy Dust for $3, and call it a day.

A lot of great sales all around the net for the past week, I'm going to have a lot of games to play until Christmas.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed for 3 usd? is not 5 usd?

Dolor

Game has been already at 15 different sales through all the years, how this would be any profit indication to them?

The number of previous sales is irrelevant since it applies equally to the control (Origin) and the test (Steam). This would show an indication of the number of eyeballs they can reach beyond just lowering the price. That is a huge factor in the level of sales. How is that not absolutely relevant?

And this does not cover any Valve cut difference for games that cost over 30$. Terrible test, i'm sorry.

The dollar amount of the price is really only a scalar multiple. Selling for $7.50 on Steam is 50% more than on Origin at $5. That more than makes up the difference in Valve cut and then some. If it makes you feel better, you could do the same test at $20 vs. $30 or whatever if there was such a game to test it on, but the lesson would be the same.

Arthea

No joke, but I also think Vanillaware games are ugly too.

I can understand not liking art style, (I do like how Vanillaware games look BTW), but in my book not liking artstyle is far from ugly or horrible, and I've seen many ugly games, like we all I think.

FloatOn

It was probably too much to hope for Injustice in the $15-18 range. Might be more realistic to expect that around winter.

antitrop

Finally! I've been waiting to get Shadow Warrior on the cheap for quite some time.

Done and done.

Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait? Also, another stupid question, will Garry's Mod go lower than $2.49?

Absolutely worth it, Tomb Raider is a good action game. Not a good adventure game, though. Depends what you're looking for out of it.

LuuKyK

Omg, why is Steam so shitty for brazilian transactions. BoaCompra sucks major ass because it takes forever to accept the payment. And you can't buy with international cards because banks dont accept that you pay in reais for foreign stores. What the fuck. This sucks. It really does. Is there a way around this?

okayfrog

Banned
Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait?

Depends. Does watching a woman in her early 20's get brutally dirtied, beaten, and killed make you wanna jerkoff? If so, definitely worth it, especially if you have a good sound system and a great graphics card. If not, wait for it to drop to $5.

Anteater

Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait? Also, another stupid question, will Garry's Mod go lower than $2.49?

tomb raider is like uncharted but tries to do more, but excel at none of them, so in general it's a decent game, but you won't really find something it's really good at compared to other games or its predecessors.

I liked it enough but I thought it got boring half way through.

I'll rephrase the question to make it clear. Is Tomb Raider worth the price of $9.99 in terms of gameplay, story, and graphics?

graphics are great, gameplay is decent and the story is poopy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom