• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's deals look really good.

The Stanley Parable and Shadow Warrior look really tempting and will get bought.

Argh, I guess Risk of Rain, Valdis Story: Abyssal City and Blood of the Werewolf are going to show up as flash/daily deals.

I dont think neither Risk of Rain or Valdis Story are going to be in a flash/daily.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I haven't actually played Binary Domain yet, since I've heard bad things about the PC port and its controls.
(I picked up a 500 yen copy recently for the PS3 instead, since I've heard good things about it myself from people whose opinions I trust)

I played Binary Domain on both the 360 and PC. The PC port was fantastic, what did you hear was poor about it?

I played it with a 360 controller... are you saying that the mouse/kb controls are bad?

mrgone

I played Binary Domain on both the 360 and PC. The PC port was fantastic, what did you hear was poor about it?

I played it with a 360 controller... are you saying that the mouse/kb controls are bad?

I think initially was an issue with setting up the controls, but Sega quickly added a launcher that allows you to configure the heck out of everything. Might be what he's remembering?

I see a lot of negative reviews for Age of Empires 2 HD. Is that just because all they did was enhance the resolution? If so, definitely gonna pick it up.
Not even the resolution really, you could get AoE2 to run in higher resolutions. But having Steam multiplayer as well as the workshop support are the selling points, I believe. They did smooth over some of the visuals. Shader-based water, antialiased shadows, etc.

cicero

Is the expansion any good? There's no 4-pack, but it's available in a bundle with the full game for $7.49

hmm. Which of course is cheaper than buying it in a four pack and then buying the DLC ($8.74). Well...I will just be buying that then. Thanks for the heads up on what I should have realized a while ago.

Amazon has the Deus Ex Augmented edition for $6 today

edit: Forgot Augmented and Director's Cut aren't the same, so you'd have to add $5 to get the DC content once you own the game

Just buy the collection from GMG for $7.20 with the code. You get the first two games and all of HR's DLC.

Dr Dogg

If EA had any courage, they should do this:

Put DA: Origins on sale for $7.50 on Steam and $5 on Origin on the same day, same hours, everything. Then they should see how many sales they get on Steam that day. If they get a trivial amount because it was cheaper on Origin, then Origin exclusivity is a good call for their games. If they sell a bunch on Steam (I would wager good money they would sell more on Steam), then Origin exclusivity is a bad idea for them.

One simple test, and then they would have a really good idea what the value of putting your game in front of 65M people is.

Here's the thing though. With most, if not all with some registry digging and support chats, EA games on Steam register on Origin. Though obviously it's doesn't work vise versa. So technically with a Steam copy you get 2 copies. Some though won't work online due to their account nature but for offline games no probs.

derExperte

Why are people wondering when the sale ends? Nov 27 - Dec 3 is 100% clear. All sales end on the last date given. It's over in 24 hours, also see the runtime of the dailies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought Dust! Been wating for it to show up since the start of this sale. :)

Final Autumn Saletime Loot list:
  • Don't Starve (x2)
  • Dust - An Elysian Tale
  • Gone Home
  • Papo & Yo (through IndieGameStand)
  • The Wolf Among Us (Thanks again, derExperte :D)

ieJ9CIAPp71Ql.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
just bought Colonial Marines on Nuuvem... i know, i know... couldn't help it, but there also have Final Fantasy VII for 2,50€/3,40$ on sale... and a bunch of other stuff

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1327-final-fantasy-vii

anybody has an opinion about "London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games"? just bad or fun with some friends and some beers?

PBalfredo

What should be my strategy game purchase of the sale? Europa Unaversalis IV, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of Samurai, or Civ V Brave New World?

Turfster

Yes, basically.
I'm a M/KB gamer, so if I have to contort myself to even use the menus, something has gone terribly wrong ;)

I think initially was an issue with setting up the controls, but Sega quickly added a launcher that allows you to configure the heck out of everything. Might be what he's remembering?

Even with keys you set, it picks random ones at times, apparently.

Fireblend

Banned
Bought Dust! Been wating for it to show up since the start of this sale. :)

Final Autumn Saletime Loot list:
  • Don't Starve (x2)
  • Dust - An Elysian Tale
  • Gone Home
  • Papo & Yo (through IndieGameStand)
  • The Wolf Among Us (Thanks again, derExperte :D)

Gone Home was a daily already? Did I miss it? :(

Arthea

I think I'll get Dust too. The art style looks incredible. I'm not really a big fan of simplistic 2D RPGs and platformers though but I think I might still enjoy it.

Ya, same here, bought it based on looks and even plan to play it. Don't usually like platformers,

denx

19.99 here. Logged in. Don't own either the base game or DLC

The -75% discount for the Director's Cut only applies to people who already own the base game and The Missing Link.

If you want to get the DC at that price, you'll have to wait for a deeper sale.

EDIT: oh I see you can get it in uPlay pretty cheap. Yeah, go for it.

I see a lot of negative reviews for Age of Empires 2 HD. Is that just because all they did was enhance the resolution? If so, definitely gonna pick it up.

apparently the multiplayer is REALLY bad right now with tons of lag for some people, glitches, and dropout issues. That is why i was wondering whether it got fixed by now since the multi with friends IS my main draw for this game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is that $16 the lowest Wolf Among Us has ever been anywhere?

Knurek

Sigh, I'm still kicking myself for missing Spelunky flash.

Oh well, great deals today, people. Dust is lovely, Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games are lovely, Dragon Age is maybe great.
Shadow Warrior is still a tad too pricy, waiting for base drop before getting. It's not like I don't have Hard Reset to play. :)

Annubis

19.99 here. Logged in. Don't own either the base game or DLC

So I guess if you don't have anything the Uplay deal is good.
If you just need the upgrade, it's the same price Uplay/Steam.

Myself, I'm waiting to see if the 5$ (-75%) will be lowered even more on the winter sale.

okayfrog

Banned
apparently the multiplayer is REALLY bad right now with tons of lag for some people, glitches, and dropout issues. That is why i was wondering whether it got fixed by now since the multi with friends IS my main draw for this game.

Sounds fine to me as I don't care about multiplayer.

KKRT00

If EA had any courage, they should do this:

Put DA: Origins on sale for $7.50 on Steam and $5 on Origin on the same day, same hours, everything. Then they should see how many sales they get on Steam that day. If they get a trivial amount because it was cheaper on Origin, then Origin exclusivity is a good call for their games. If they sell a bunch on Steam (I would wager good money they would sell more on Steam), then Origin exclusivity is a bad idea for them.

One simple test, and then they would have a really good idea what the value of putting your game in front of 65M people is.

Game has been already at 15 different sales through all the years, how this would be any profit indication to them?

And this does not cover any Valve cut difference for games that cost over 30$. Terrible test, i'm sorry.

It seems like the only thing left is the next flash sale before everything repeats.

I guess I'm just going to buy Deadly Premonition for $12 already. I should have enough left after purchasing it to buy Dust for $3, and call it a day.

A lot of great sales all around the net for the past week, I'm going to have a lot of games to play until Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom