• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait? Also, another stupid question, will Garry's Mod go lower than $2.49?

Tomb Raider is basically Uncharted2-3 minus the good humor,decent story, and voice acting. Also it's a bad tomb raider game, but a decent action game.

A strong 7 to a light 8- Needledrop.

Omg, why is Steam so shitty for brazilian transactions. BoaCompra sucks major ass because it takes forever to accept the payment. And you can't buy with international cards because banks dont accept that you pay in reais for foreign stores. What the fuck. This sucks. It really does. Is there a way around this?

If you pay through boleto it's going to.take one day to confirm tge payment. Tge vest option is to put money in your Steam wallet before the sales starts.

Dec

I'm not sure if it already was or if it going on a better sale, but Of Orcs and Men is a really good game.

Currently -66% at $10.

I'll probably do a full impressions post when the main thread is unlocked but I wanted to point out it's quite good before the sale ends.

Good combat with an interesting stealth mechanic. You play two characters, Styx, a goblin and an orc named Arkail. The orc is massive, and effectively a tank, the goblin is small and a stealth character. Each room you encounter generally is full of guards walking around on patrol. You can run in there and try to take them all on, or you can take control of Styx and try to assassinate as many as possible. You might get a room down from 11 guards to 4 before you even start actual combat.

Arkail has a rage bar that is used in the story. He has had many past issues with his rage, killing allies while blinded by rage, which is a mechanic. If his rage bar gets too high during combat he will go on a rampage and even kill Styx if he is too close. Part of the storyline is based around his rage and you definitely get some interesting choices and insight into the history of both characters and why they are like they are.

The overarching storyline is humans are slowly taking over the world, after many years of war Orcs and Goblins are effectively slaves. You play Arkail, an orc from the Bloodjaw tribe tasked with killing the emperor. To help, you've hired Styx to be your guide. I'd say the first third of the game is actually quite boring in terms of story, but it definitely paid off towards the middle when there are some character revelations that translate nicely into new spells and such. Followed by much more interesting locations compared to the early game dungeons and sewers.

It looks pretty good for the most part, some characters look great while less important ones are unimpressive. There aren't many sets of gear. There are probably 5 per character, and they fit into one per role for the most part. Probably a dozen weapons for each character throughout but there are probably more than this from the optional bosses I missed.

The music is absolutely fantastic: My Quest Begins, Back to the Forest.

Check it out. I wasn't expecting some of the twists it threw at me, and the last half of the game is much better than the first.

Dr Dogg

Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait? Also, another stupid question, will Garry's Mod go lower than $2.49?

It's a solid port. Excluding Tress FX (AMD hair jiggery pokery) you can get good performace even on modest hardware. Regards to the game, I enjoyed it. It's a different direction of the Tomb Raiders of old and the tombs aspects of it is laughable at best. Depends on your tastes for third person action adventure type games.

Is the worst game of the year worth any price? I would say no.

Oh you!

LuuKyK

If you pay through boleto it's going to.take one day to confirm tge payment. Tge vest option is to put money in your Steam wallet before the sales starts.

Its not boleto though, is credit card... Why does it take so long? I can't believe I am going to miss the sales because of this. *angry*

I've been waiting for Batman AO to go on sale but my hopes are slowly dwindling. Cheapest I saw it was $19 on amazon. Kinda regret not getting it now.

Why? Dust is awesome and it's not like the animals are fucking or anything.

I just found it quite a generic, shallow experience. The ugly aesthetics are just a part of it.

Also, a standard Google search for "Dust: An Elysian Tail Fidget" has Rule34 on the first page.

Anteater

No, probably the most bland and overrated game of the year, everything that is wrong with AAA gaming.

to be fair it tries to do a few things better than some of AAA corridor shooters even thought it tries to be one.

It's a shame because I know they have the talent to craft a better game.

Then don't google search it, just play the game.

I only Googled it because I was writing a blog post about it. I did play the game and I found it to be dull and aesthetically cringeworthy.

A lot of people loved it; I'm not saying their experiences were invalid. I just personally didn't dig it.

I play on a crappy laptop but will get a new rig or steamMachine soon:

So far
CS GO for 3.74
Borderlands GOTY for 5.61

Looking at:
Fallout 3 4.99
TombRaider 9.99 (cannot run it but it is tempting)
Torchlight 3.74
Far Cry 3 7.49 (cannot run it decently enough)

I need Dead Space 2 but i think there will not be a sale on the game right?

FACE

Banned
Is there a distinction between artstyle and subject matter or are you actually okay with dat fur otherwise?

I'm not okay with furry art and the characters look like something straight out of the worst parts of deviant art. It's a double whammy.

garath

I enjoyed Tomb Raider. Picked it up last sale for $15 or thereabouts. Played it straight through to the end. About 11 hours of gameplay. It's not GOTY or anything but I quite enjoyed it. I don't regret the purchase for a second. Some pretty good gameplay in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom