• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game is perfectly fine...especially if you like Ubisoft's brand of open world games.

The only Assassin's Creed I like is 2. I played it, 1 and 3. I hate collecting/finding stuff just to fucking do it in an open world. Hopefully I can just rush through the story like I did with Just Cause 2. That game is filled with collectible crap but the core gameplay is fantastic and you can just go missions to mission.

Tybolt

Banned
I feel kind of bad that I missed the deal on Rogue Legacy because I'm still on the fence about it. Think the last day tomorrow will be the encore day as usual?

Grief.exe

Get Dust: An Elysian Tail. GOTY 2013.
I would advise against this

dust__an_elysian_tail_by_yelowfox-d6aegt3.jpg

we don't read here.

I think i'm going to start answering with a random number in my posts and see how that goes.

'What are the chances X game goes lower?'

37%

If we all started doing that, not only would it be quite funny, but we might start seeing some results.

kris.

Banned
I dont know anything about Brutal Legend. But Double Fine is kinda alright.

Bought.

It's a great game with some iffy RTS bits but it's wonderfully voice-acted and the soundtrack is amazing. A goddamn steal at the price it's at right now.

So far, I've picked up:

Brutal Legend
Divinity II - Director's Cut
Far Cry 3
Skyrim
Max Payne 3
Rogue Legacy

All for around $29ish total? I can't remember the exact total. I'm damn glad I didn't get Brutal Legend yesterday when it was $4.99. Hesitation pays off sometimes.

I want to get one title. My only question is which one? So many options.

FloatOn

Honestly, if you just do the base takeover missions, the radio towers and story Far Cry 3 isn't so bad.

You can totally burn yourself out though on all that filler content. Don't do that.

antitrop

It's the worst Bioshock in gameplay but probably the best story.

Bioshock 1 is easily the worst gameplay in the franchise. A case could probably be made for 2 having the best, but I enjoyed the guns/vigors in Infinite the most of the 3.

I think Bioshock 1 has the best story, and 2 has the worst (unless you count Minerva's Den), Infinite is in the middle.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So far, I've picked up:

Brutal Legend
Divinity II - Director's Cut
Far Cry 3
Skyrim
Max Payne 3
Rogue Legacy

All for around $29ish total? I can't remember the exact total. I'm damn glad I didn't get Brutal Legend yesterday when it was $4.99. Hesitation pays off sometimes.

I want to get one title. My only question is which one? So many options.

Secretly the best game you bought.

LuuKyK

If you still have any problem with tge payment contact their customer support, they were super helpful when I contacted they.

You mean the BoaCompra support? I was just talking with someone a minute ago, it wasn't really helpful but I think I managed to solve the problem. I had to cancel two times the same item, and I think the system got kinda crazy because it was not even accepting a new purchase. :lol I will wait a bit to try again with another card I guess, because I am afraid they will charge me multiple times for this, and that would not be good.

UnrealEck

People are saying Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider were the most overrated games this year. What about Bioshock Infinite? The only thing I found excellent about that game was the presentation. The gameplay was very meh.

boosh5

Banned
Can someone post an image of the deals w/ prices? There's that one a few pages back, but it sounds like maybe some of those have changed?

gogogow

I play on a crappy laptop but will get a new rig or steamMachine soon:

So far
CS GO for 3.74
Borderlands GOTY for 5.61

Looking at:
Fallout 3 4.99
TombRaider 9.99 (cannot run it but it is tempting)
Torchlight 3.74
Far Cry 3 7.49 (cannot run it decently enough)

I need Dead Space 2 but i think there will not be a sale on the game right?

If you don't mind using Origin, it's $5 in the Origin Store.

LuuKyK

People are saying Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider were the most overrated games this year. What about Bioshock Infinite? The only thing I found excellent about that game was the presentation. The gameplay was very meh.

I had fun with it, but its certainly not a game I would go back to after finishing the first time. Having said that, Columbia is probably one of the most well crafted cities I have ever seen. Such a lovely place, full of life, unique and well designed. As you said, they nailed the presentation.

Arthea

Oh sweet, I've always wanted to get Jericho, but $1 seemed like too much. Now I can get Jericho and Damnation for $1. Two shitty games for the price of one! Awesome!

... no seriously, I'm elated.

I almost bought Overlord games at gamersgate, glad I waited, *fortunate bundle arrives*

You mean the BoaCompra support? I was just talking with someone a minute ago, it wasn't really helpful but I think I managed to solve the problem. I had to cancel two times the same item, and I think the system got kinda crazy because it was not even accepting a new purchase. :lol I will wait a bit to try again with another card I guess, because I am afraid they will charge me multiple times for this, and that would not be good.

Guess I was lucky then xD

antitrop

Like Dishonored and Bulletstorm, the fun to be found in Bioshock Infinite is from creating cool combinations with your powers. Make your own fun.

If you just run around killing everything with the Machine Gun, yeah, the gameplay sucks.

okayfrog

Banned

Actually, people were saying Far Cry 3 was one of the most overrated games last year.

z1ggy

I had fun playing Bioshock Infinite, got bored at some parts but the last part of the game totally worth the experience.

slightly disappointed there wasn't an AC sale. Was hoping to pick up AC3.

...yes I know its terribad.

So far : Rogue Legacy, Max Payne 3, and Grid2 (off GMG). Pretty mediocre sale

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Like Dishonored and Bulletstorm, the fun to be found in Bioshock Infinite is from creating cool combinations with your powers. Make your own fun.

If you just run around killing everything with the Machine Gun, yeah, the gameplay sucks.

The level design in Dishonored really gives you a chance to open up, though. On top of the powered being better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom