• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I don't remember much about Far Cry 2 besides it being incredibly boring to me after like 3 hours or so.

Grief.exe

It's just a shame that the series got Ubisoft'd after Hocking left.

I actually tempered my excitement for the Division and Watch Dogs down to near basement levels after I had a long think about what product Ubisoft will actually deliver.

• Target render shown initially, actual product will look significantly worse.
  • Poor PC port and optimization, probably will tell us to just upgrade.
  • Dumbed down and streamlined for the lowest common denominator.
  • Forced Uplay integration.

Like all Ubisoft games that look mildly interesting, I won't pick them up until they are <$5.

antitrop

Also about the far cry discussion a page or two back, the only reason FC2 is polarizing is because it separates who appreciates older game design and the modern game design (I.E Far Cry 3). 2 was not a perfect game by far but it was incredibly ambitious and had a lot of PC-like sim elements to it. I don't think it was a game console owners were ready for at the time and like I said it does have several glaring flaws that some can't get over like the checkpoints and malaria (which I thought was cool and it hit infrequent enough that it didn't annoy me).

edit: And the fire stuff in FC2 was worlds ahead of 3's fire where you would light a plant on fire and it dies out in 5 seconds. It was different in that 1 weed burning mission where the fire was suddenly amplified in effect, but out in the world it sucked compared to 2.
I didn't like Far Cry 2, but I absolutely respect it more than 3.

Dr Dogg

I will stay strong! Xelios included all the Last Light DLC with the gift as well, too generous

Yeah I don't think Xelios' generosity can be stated enough, or SteamGAF's in general.

Best avoid your activity feed for a day as mine reads:-

So and So now owns Shadow Warrior
So and So now owns Tomb Raider

...and so on.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I actually tempered my excitement for the Division and Watch Dogs down to near basement levels after I had a long think about what product Ubisoft will actually deliver.

• Target render shown initially, actual product will look significantly worse.
  • Poor PC port and optimization, probably will tell us to just upgrade.
  • Dumbed down and streamlined for the lowest common denominator.
  • Forced Uplay integration.

Like all Ubisoft games that look mildly interesting, I won't pick them up until they are <$5.

Watch Dogs will not be good but I have a lot of faith in Massive.

I hated Crysis 2. Where do I pick up Crysis 3 for $10?

It was $9.99, now $12.99

rezn0r

Yeah I don't think Xelios' generosity can be stated enough, or SteamGAF's in general.

Best avoid your activity feed for a day as mine reads:-

So and So now owns Tomb Raider

...and so on.

i love the activity feed during these sales! always awesome to Xelios' additions too. puts me to shame!

rtcn63

Crysis 3 is much much shorter than Crysis 2 (which was itself too damn long), no middle ground. And it was extremely forgettable. When I reached the end boss, I was under the impression I was still doing the intro stages. Didn't even upgrade any skills.

The_Monk

Finally arrived home fellow GAFfers, it's so cooold out there.

Checking the daily deals now. 4 games with 75% OFF is almost too good. I wonder if the AoE HD is still "broken" and with the Achievements not unlocking/glitching.

To The Moon is also at a great price. You should get it for the Story itself, Costume Quest too if you dig the art style. They are both short but neat games.

ill get Shadow Warrior when i get a gaming labtop that can play it
probably the summer sales maybe depending when they are(birthdays in June)

FACE

Banned
Also about the far cry discussion a page or two back, the only reason FC2 is polarizing is because it separates who appreciates older game design and the modern game design (I.E Far Cry 3). 2 was not a perfect game by far but it was incredibly ambitious and had a lot of PC-like sim elements to it. I don't think it was a game console owners were ready for at the time and like I said it does have several glaring flaws that some can't get over like the checkpoints and malaria (which I thought was cool and it hit infrequent enough that it didn't annoy me).

edit: And the fire stuff in FC2 was worlds ahead of 3's fire where you would light a plant on fire and it dies out in 5 seconds. It was different in that 1 weed burning mission where the fire was suddenly amplified in effect, but out in the world it sucked compared to 2.

I like to think of FC2 as Hocking's attempt to make STALKER. I don't think he succeeded, but it's about a million times more interesting than FC3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haven't had much time to post in the last few days but I wanted to give back to this awesome community with a free-for-all raffle! Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 47 Steam keys and an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edna and Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-DA5A5BC2EEE10E50 - Taken by Buttonbasher. 5 entrants total.
Death to Spies Moment of Truth -- MB-E4FFA8C66C4D3F80 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
Krater Plus Dr. Cerebro Pack -- MB-0FF5ACCC32902197 - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
PID -- MB-DAD826716926F793 - Taken by Tesseract. 7 entrants total.
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-684786EB294039DE - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-8EB36BFDD5CF9DF8 - Taken by SinineSiil. 11 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-8D41D4687A5BEC3C - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 2 entrants total.
Dungeons The Dark Lord -- MB-DD3DB580046C0A54 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 11 entrants total.
Darwinia -- MB-203712990DE68FD5 - Taken by wazoo. 5 entrants total.
Colour Bind -- MB-5810AD26E55E79BB - Taken by Lord British. 9 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-60ED69C3E1896027 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 9 entrants total.
Numen Contest of Heroes -- MB-AB103F417F6531CE - Taken by Camel Master. 6 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-F1C23B93DF2E0394
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A0608EC13869BD03 - Taken by Anteater. 12 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mass Effect 2 (Origin) -- MB-80221ABADC46058D - Taken by Enco. 12 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II -- MB-6D7116B2FAE89CAC - Taken by Thorgal. 27 entrants total.
Gratuitus Space Battles -- MB-D85CDFBCA0F2211F - Taken by TheD. 6 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-00D2F4E3761B5716 - Taken by nexen. 12 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-E30EB82E6AE20DB4 - Taken by Shambles. 2 entrants total.
Droplitz -- MB-260058CD47DE14FA - Taken by arts&crafts. 8 entrants total.
Call of Juarez -- MB-2FC1150FAAF8339E - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 43 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-6B6D6C58952BB64A - Taken by MTMBStudios. 11 entrants total.
Fortix -- MB-49A2B0D1D7A24B85 - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-AD07633A21BB60F9 - Taken by Ifrit. 14 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-0F1585C23E7A213B - Taken by AScotAbroad. 7 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-82892F76C1770B71 - Taken by chronomac. 10 entrants total.
Cargo The Quest for Gravity -- MB-0044A695AA4D7A8F - Taken by Last Baron. 10 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-77F2DA7C0E7EC737 - Taken by Marauder Shields. 6 entrants total.
Cogs -- MB-F6324A5BECB4894E - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-61B4B1259D69FA8B - Taken by DXLelouch153. 6 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #1 -- MB-09EC9C5B20179218 - Taken by Tecl0n. 3 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-10F6FFE017C95293 - Taken by wetflame. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-048B2F95FE030117 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Omegladon -- MB-A49A7CB2B80FDD7F - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.
Eufloria -- MB-27DD31727D57328C - Taken by neoism. 6 entrants total.
Hammerfight -- MB-ED88695A379692A5 - Taken by Relax.MX. 5 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-D731EDCEF97A13A6 - Taken by gwynplaine. 6 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-2FCDECCD9537E279 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 7 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-BB499E0B3474CE1B - Taken by UnrealEck. 13 entrants total.
Crazy Machines Elements -- MB-DD70CD5098E1E269 - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-199618EC0BA6B971 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 3 entrants total.
Defcon -- MB-2A508E66840B47BF - Taken by gwynplaine. 4 entrants total.
Exceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-5D179682474520FC - Taken by user237. 10 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-9FD9ABC069282509 - Taken by SSPssp
Obulis -- MB-9E17BDEDD46EC394 - Taken by honorless. 6 entrants total.
Elven Legacy -- MB-E9CD78AFAD3BDEB6 - Taken by Lain. 11 entrants total.
Hearts of Iron III -- MB-51DBE01145AD9252 - Taken by FACE. 10 entrants total.

t1386028177z1.png

Is Tomb Raider worth it or should I wait? Also, another stupid question, will Garry's Mod go lower than $2.49?

I paid 12.50 for my copy of Tomb Raider and got ~13 hours out of it.

It's basically Uncharted. My only complaint would be the QTEs (but they were few and far between), and there are some bits of it that are absolutely ridiculous...even for games.

Nabs

Shadow Warrior is a game that desperately needs a demo. The game looks great, but people just don't know how good it feels to cut up demons. Just give the player the sword and a bunch of guys to slice up. Instant $$$$.

I'd kill for a game that blends Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior together. Take the weapons and setting from Hard Reset and blend that with the sword play and humor of Shadow Warrior. I'd be there so fast.

denx

Haven't had much time to post in the last few days but I wanted to give back to this awesome community with a free-for-all raffle! Enjoy!

Should I start to worry because I looked at this awesome giveaway and for the first time all the stuff I was interested in I already have it?

But yeah, awesome giveaway jshackles.

Question:

Nuuvem is asking me to enter an adress now! I bought the Cave yesterday and it didn't ask for this!

Will I have to enter a fake brazilian adress?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey guyse.

Totally going to wait on Happy Hour on the newest Indie Gala. I already have the overlord games, but no flashpoint.

AJ_Wings

Shadow Warrior is as insane and fun as I expected it to be. Melee system is soooo satisfying.

Might be my favorite FPS of the year.

Lain

I bought Shadow Warrior even though I don't care about it nor wanted it, plus I wont play it for a while.
The first trailer in the steam page plus the price though made me do it. I blame Valve.

I'm pretty proud of myself for not buying anything during this sale. I spent waaaay too much over the summer sale anyways. I'll anxiously await the Christmas 2013 / Summer 2014 sales instead!

I hate financial constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom