• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Shadow Warrior is a game that desperately needs a demo. The game looks great, but people just don't know how good it feels to cut up demons. Just give the player the sword and a bunch of guys to slice up. Instant $$$$.

I'd kill for a game that blends Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior together. Take the weapons and setting from Hard Reset and blend that with the sword play and humor of Shadow Warrior. I'd be there so fast.

I wanted to fit more of the quote in and reflect credit back to Nabs, but Twitter's restrictions on character count is ridiculous.

If they reply back I will link to Nabs' original post.

8TVYDl6.png

I bought Shadow Warrior even though I don't care about it nor wanted it, plus I wont play it for a while.
The first trailer in the steam page plus the price though made me do it. I blame Valve.

Either way, you supported an awesome developer who makes great games.

Knurek

I didn't play any of those though.

Top (bottom?) 3 for me so far: Tomb raider, Assassin's Creed 4 and Saints Row 4.

I'm sorry if this offends you but given the amount of negativity you exhibit throughout here (granted, not entirely unfounded at times), do you even have a top list?

Anival

Banned
Ended up buying Dishonored, never got to play it so im going in without knowing to much. I'm thinking about getting Shadow Warrior.

Nabs

I wanted to fit more of the quote in and reflect credit back to Nabs, but Twitter's restrictions on character count is ridiculous.

If they reply back I will link to Nabs' original post.

8TVYDl6.png

It's crazy. I knew the game looked great, but I had no idea. No idea.

I was sold after I sliced up my first group of bad guys. I don't know why I ever doubted FWH.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm sorry if this offends you but given the amount of negativity you exhibit throughout here (granted, not entirely unfounded at times), do you even have a top list?

I've got 5 games on my goty list so far and I'm pondering 3 more and if they're good enough to be included. Once I get my 3DS and a handful of games I expect (hope) that the list will be completed by the end of this month.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
DzYKrNf.png

I'm going to relax for December while JaseC plays catchup. And on that note I believe I now own every available game that was released on Steam prior to 2013. Proudly not including Black Ops Mac Edition, because I'm not going to support the start of the shitty practice of selling separate Mac & Windows versions of games on Steam.

nexen

DzYKrNf.png

I'm going to relax for December while JaseC plays catchup. And on that note I believe I now own every available game that was released on Steam prior to 2013. Proudly not including Black Ops Mac Edition, because I'm not going to support the start of the shitty practice of selling separate Mac & Windows versions of games on Steam.

B-b-but you are so close! Just one more for the complete set!

denx

Garry's Mod looks so overwhelming.

Is it possible to just browse servers and see/interact with other people's creations?

Yes, you can do that. You don't need to deal with Sandbox mode if you don't want to, you just can play with items and gamemodes created by other people.

I think Trouble in Terrorist Town is well worth the current 2.49 asking price. I'm not sure if you need Counter-Strike Source to play that mode or not though.

DzYKrNf.png

That's actually an incredible accomplishment. I'm assuming this includes games that were removed from Steam as well right? Also, does this include all the different regional games like JaseC? Regardless, kudos to you good sir.

Arthea

nice giveaway jshackles!

I paid 12.50 for my copy of Tomb Raider and got ~13 hours out of it.

It's basically Uncharted. My only complaint would be the QTEs (but they were few and far between), and there are some bits of it that are absolutely ridiculous...even for games.

That's why I'm paying $5 max for this game.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
DzYKrNf.png

Jase is laughing at your morality :p

I've got 5 games on my goty list so far and I'm pondering 3 more and if they're good enough to be included. Once I get my 3DS and a handful of games I expect (hope) that the list will be completed by the end of this month.

What are those eight games, if you don't mind me asking?

Erekiddo

Slightly on-topic, maybe:

I finally cashed in my Gamestop Rewards Points for a $20 Steam POSA card.

... what the heck does POSA stand for?

Edit: Point of Sale Activation? What a weird thing to name 'em.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That's actually an incredible accomplishment. I'm assuming this includes games that were removed from Steam as well right?

Unfortunately no. Everyone except Valve accounts, as far as I know, is missing games that have been pulled from Steam and have no hope of ever returning. That's why I said every available game. :(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Why with the Shadow Warrior hype. I just bought 2 FPS shooter that I need to make my way through and this will only pile on :(

Nabs

Eh. The QTEs are pretty few and far between.

Yeah, I don't remember them being bad. I think you just press Y every few hours.

I'm currently "playing" RE6... and THIS FUCKING GAME. FUCK.

FUCK. Why is this game so fucking long.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reposting for the new page (pages?)

48 key free-for-all here

Seriously, you guys rock and GAF's generosity always blows me away so it's the least I can do.

Card Boy

Banned
I actually thought the Tomb Raider reboot was better than the previous games and gameplay wise better than the Uncharted series. I agree the QTEs suck though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Yeah, I don't remember them being bad. I think you just press Y every few hours.

I'm currently "playing" RE6... and THIS FUCKING GAME. FUCK.

FUCK. Why is this game so fucking long.

It really is super long. I had a lot of fun with it playing local co-op, though. It is just a flat out action game. Mercs is godlike, though.

Turfster

I simply can't tolerate them, it literally makes any game no fun, I wasn't happy with them even in Bayo ant I think there are even less there.

It's only going to get worse moving forward, I'm afraid.
Thank the stupid movification of games and consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom