• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm so glad this isn't me, I only have 343 games and half my library is straight up dog shit. Can't imagine how many shit games are in yours.

Most of them, but then so are most of the good ones. Yin and yang.

Arthea

It's only going to get worse moving forward, I'm afraid.
Thank the stupid movification of games and consoles.

Exactly! So I'm running, minding my business and suddenly I have to push some random buttons that have nothing to do with game flow, controls and breaks the game? Whoever thought it's good idea?!

TheD

The Detective
DzYKrNf.png

My god!
Steam will eat your soul (or at least your wallet)!

Nabs

Exactly! So I'm running, minding my business and suddenly I have to push some random buttons that have nothing to do with game flow, controls and breaks the game? Whoever thought it's good idea?!

Don't ever play another Capcom game. Please. Just don't. Save yourself.

Turfster

Whoever thought Dragon's Lair was a good idea?
The one we know and loathe now was basically Sega in the 90s.

mileS

Tempted to snag The Stanley Parable.

Worth it?

The Giant Bomb review and GAF sold me. I'm a sucker for games that break the mold and try new things. I'd say if you're not dying for something new and already have a backlog, might as well wait for the winter sale, theres always a chance it will be cheaper then.

Reposting for the new page (pages?)

48 key free-for-all here

Seriously, you guys rock and GAF's generosity always blows me away so it's the least I can do.

You rock sir. awesome giveaway

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's only going to get worse moving forward, I'm afraid.
Thank the stupid movification of games and consoles.
Don't worry, in a few years movies will become more gamified than videogames and we can all just playwatch those instead.

Yeah, I don't remember them being bad. I think you just press Y every few hours.

Yeah Tomb Raider has issues, but too many QTEs isn't really high on the list.

For $10 it is a really good pickup and people can certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Grief.exe

Don't ever play another Capcom game. Please. Just don't. Save yourself.

Playing Dead Rising 2 was particularity difficult for me. Whenever you would get grabbed by a zombie, there would be a QTE utilizing some random input from tne WASD keys.

So two or three WASD keys would flash up on screen, of course I don't think of them in my mind as WASD, I think of them as Forward, Back, Left, and Right. So I had to play mental gymnastics in order to get the correct input.

Really, it just resulted in drinking some extra Orange Juice in game.

TheD

The Detective

I feel that it is a result of how limited game controls are but devs wanting you to be able to do something outside them.
If games had controls that controlled something like each of the character's arms you could interact naturally in a lot more ways with your environment (and thus QTEs would no longer be needed).

I played a good hour of Brutal Legend just now, and it's pretty meh. The fighting isn't that great, and the driving isn't either. If there's one thing that gets me is the comedy and metal setting.

This game is as funny as Deadpool was, and that game is hilarious. So if you have a good $2 to spend, then I'd say buy it for the soundtrack and the comedy.

My favorite part was:
"What do we do with a bunch of kids that just bang there heads all day?"
(Jack getting teary eyed) "...we start a revolution."
XD It's better if you see it yourself to understand the joke.

Bought Shadow Warrior..why the hell not. It looks like fun and I like games where I can slice n' dice. You can finish the game using just your sword without any big problems right (ie: bosses..etc)?

I was kinda hoping that stuff like Volgarr, Castle of Illusion and Valdis Story would get bigger discounts but with the winter sale just a couple of weeks away I think I'll wait until then for those.

edit: I forgot to mention that I bought Max Payne 3 the other day since it was dirt cheap and my god the stuttering/hitching is the worst! Its unplayable for me! :( It would just freeze for a second or two occasionally and its driving me nuts. Not sure what I can do to fix that.

Nabs

Bought Shadow Warrior..why the hell not. It looks like fun and I like games where I can slice n' dice. You can finish the game using just your sword without any big problems right (ie: bosses..etc)?

I was kinda hoping that stuff like Volgarr, Castle of Illusion and Valdis Story would get bigger discounts but with the winter sale just a couple of weeks away I think I'll wait until then for those.

edit: I forgot to mention that I bought Max Payne 3 the other day since it was dirt cheap and my god the stuttering/hitching is the worst! Its unplayable for me! :( It would just freeze for a second or two occasionally and its driving me nuts. Not sure what I can do to fix that.

I used the sword for most of the game, but brought out the guns (and launchers) for the bosses.

You should look into your Max Payne 3 issue. Check the Steam forums for help (both of 'em). There's probably a solution out there.

Kanokare

I really miss the community choice. as depressing as it can be sometimes.

They need to work on the polls somehow. It seems favorites are always being voted and the lesser ones that don't ever go on sale aren't gonna win. It's as bad as seeing Infestation as a deal sometimes.

Dr Dogg

Does Tomb Raider have any game breaking DLC like Sleeping Dogs?

The DLC collection is only $3.99. Not sure if want.

It's mainly MP stuff. The only DLC worth getting is the extra tomb as that is a slightly lengthier one. Rest is... well awful to be fair. One is a different reticule. Yeah.

They need to work on the polls somehow. It seems favorites are always being voted and the lesser ones that don't ever go on sale aren't gonna win. It's as bad as seeing Infestation as a deal sometimes.

They just need to exclude games from the vote that are going to be on sale 15 times anyway.

NOTE to those wanting to buy The Stanley Parable!!

If you want to play the demo, download it first and play it! THEN purchase the game. For a lot of people (me included) it wont let you have both, so I had to make another account to get the demo. The Demo is different from the main game.

You just did.

No I played the demonstration of the Stanley parable. Never got to the Stanley Parable demo though.

Card Boy

Banned
I accidently posted this in a Mario thread haha, but where is the tutorial for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed? I know how to drive but how do you drift and do air tricks on the 360 pad? I see jack shit in the menus.

The only one worth getting is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, since it's an extra tomb for single-player. All the rest of the DLC is either for the multiplayer, early skill/upgrade unlocks, or purely cosmetic.

denx

If you're wondering what DLC to buy, get Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, which adds an extra tomb to explore in the single player campaign. The rest of the DLC are skins, multiplayer stuff and item unlocks for single player (you know, cheats). Skins are alright I guess if you like cosmetic stuff (I think the Aviatrix skin is pretty badass actually), but don't bother with the cheat and multiplayer stuff.

edit: beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom