• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I accidently posted this in a Mario thread haha, but where is the tutorial for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed? I know how to drive but how do you drift and do air tricks on the 360 pad? I see jack shit in the menus.

To drift hold down break. Tricks are up, down, left and right on the right stick after a jump. You can combo tricks to gain a massive boost as does leveled drifts and tricks into transforms.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you have Enhanced Steam installed: http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/203160

It looks like they do have a few pay to unlock items.

These Pay To Unlock DLCs really jack with the natural character progression in a single player game. Like Sleeping Dogs, I don't think there is a way to disable them either.

mileS

I accidently posted this in a Mario thread haha, but where is the tutorial for Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed? I know how to drive but how do you drift and do air tricks on the 360 pad? I see jack shit in the menus.

It does a really bad job of this. I don't even think theres a "see what the buttons do" page. but yes Dr Dogg covered the controls. The color of your exhaust I believe will show you what drift level you are. When this changes color, the better the boost you will get.

Reallllly really fun game though. Great PC port.

TheD

The Detective
NOTE to those wanting to buy The Stanley Parable!!

If you want to play the demo, download it first and play it! THEN purchase the game. For a lot of people (me included) it wont let you have both, so I had to make another account to get the demo. The Demo is different from the main game.

I would assume that buying it and adding it to your inventory (instead of adding it to your account) would also work.

Nairume

Banned
They need to work on the polls somehow. It seems favorites are always being voted and the lesser ones that don't ever go on sale aren't gonna win. It's as bad as seeing Infestation as a deal sometimes.
Yeah, they really need to match stuff up better to where it isn't as obvious that some deals are being sent to die against more popular games.

KKRT00

One more vote for Shadow Warrior. Everyone and their mother should buy, its awesome game!
Also, no slow motion or pause moves makes combat so satisfying. Its ultra fast, precise and responsive.

My gif, because why the hell not.

sw_gif1.gif

Khronico

I'm having an internal struggle here folks: I've budgeted only one more purchase this sale, should that last purchase be AOE2HD?

And if I DO get it, should I nab the expansion as well?

FACE

Banned
EU IV not in the top 20 while crap like BLOPS II, Skyrim and Tomb Raider are. Once again, Steam users disappoint.

maty

Unless there is a flash deal I can not miss I think I'm done.

Games bought:
Antichamber $5
MP3 Complete $5.39
Dishonored GOTY $3.19
Poker Night 1-2 $2
Hammerwatch (gift)

Games gifted:
Surgeon Simulator
Retro/Grade
Enslaved

dani_dc

EU IV not in the top 20 while crap like BLOPS II and Skyrim are. Once again, Steam users disappoint.

To be fair, EU IV was on sale for this price all over the place last week, plus Paradox games are known for being buggy at release and for being at sale for cheap a year later in packs with a few dozen DLC's.

FACE

Banned
To be fair, EU IV was on sale for this price all over the place last week, plus Paradox games are known for being buggy at release and for being at sale for cheap a year later in packs with a few dozen DLC's.

Other than the MP being basically broken, EU IV is a surprisingly stable game.

Card Boy

Banned
Is GeForce Experience activated by default or do i have manually activate it? If its a manual thing i will leave it. But its automatic then should i uninstall?\

edit: deleted that shit. I don't trust it.

God dammit...Is there a way to make a modbot raffle with a game in one's steam inventory? I see no way to view the activation key for it. Either there's no way to, or I'm a dummy and can't see where an option like that would be.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God dammit...Is there a way to make a modbot raffle with a game in one's steam inventory? I see no way to view the activation key for it. Either there's no way to, or I'm a dummy and can't see where an option like that would be.

You can gift the game to your own email address then put the redemption URL (that is sent to your email) into Modbot

TheD

The Detective
Is GeForce Experience activated by default or do i have manually activate it? If its a manual thing i will leave it. But its automatic then should i uninstall?

Wrong thread?

(and what do you mean by GeForce Experience?, the game optimizations?).

One more vote for Shadow Warrior. Everyone and their mother should buy, its awesome game!
Also, no slow motion or pause moves makes combat so satisfying. Its ultra fast, precise and responsive.

My gif, because why the hell not.

sw_gif1.gif

Yep I was interested since Giant Bomb quick look and at price 6.24 euros it's no brainer. Really can't wait to play.

SuperHans

Unfortunately no. Everyone except Valve accounts, as far as I know, is missing games that have been pulled from Steam and have no hope of ever returning. That's why I said every available game. :(

Is there a list of games that were on Steam at some stage and then pulled? I'll love to see if I have any.

Phinor

Of the dozen or so games I bought during the sale, Cook, Serve, Delicious! will probably end up being my favourite. Nearly perfect implementation of an idea that isn't really that common in games. Reminds me quite a bit of Papers, Please (although obviously that game uses even less explored idea). I particularly like the gameplay during rush hour when I end up hitting all the wrong keys and screw up just about everything but the day goes on and you just have to keep going no matter what.

Easily top10 of the year material for me, although it's only the Steam release that came in 2013. Also without the Steam release I would have never found this game so there's that.

Just bought my last game of the sale, Deadly Premonition.

My haul:
Max Payne 3 - $7
L.A. Noire - $1
Bioshock Infinite - $8
Assassin's Creed 3 - $7.50
Dishonored GOTY Edition - $3
Brutal Legend - $2
Dead Island Riptide - $7.50
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut - $12.49

Total: $48.49

I think I did better this sale then I did for the Summer sale. Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while :D

Here. Enjoy some things.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doom II -- MB-3C35B236A3F8E70B - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Brutal Legend -- MB-7FB6A01D942D40E5 - Taken by Leatherface

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Wasn't there a guy who lost his hearing playing that game? :(

Don't play with a headset at high volumes or you get tinnitus. That's basically with any game though.

So we've got one more daily and a few more flash sales, why are people calling it quits?

Because the greatest modern 2D fighter of our time hasn't shown any signs of ever being in a flash sale. KOF

z1ggy

Well, i´m done for now. This is what i bought:

- Shadow Warrior
- Dishonored price error edition
- Max Payne 3
- Castlevania
- Skyrim Legendary edition

With all this i'll busy untill next year sales (If not, DOTA 2 and CS: GO will fill the space between).

Will see what´s on sale on christmas tho.

Chronoja

Takedown: Red Sabre now has cards. Did they ever get that game running well? Last I heard it was a mess.

A friend and I were just playing it tonight. Buying it off GMG when it was on sale nets you a 2nd giftable copy.

The game is....rough to say the least. It just has so many basic design flaws, everything from lacking the ability to put a password on a listen server (without resorting to ini editing), there's no chat in the lobby system, we couldn't figure out how to make the game save our class choices.

Regarding gameplay it's just brutal. Granted we were only playing 2 player, the enemies will down you in 1 or 2 shots which most of the time results in a "blink and you're dead" situation. The game seems to be balanced around the idea of leaning around corners, but the lean itself is so useless, you barely move at all, and your gun disappears when you are close to a wall so it's just all around clumsy and awkward to work with. The enemy A.I. is a cross between unbelievably dumb to omnipotent at times, as in if they even so much as catch a glimpse of your torso you will be laser beam dead damn near instantly.

We got a good laugh out of the hour or two of attempts we made at it but we made next to no progress at all. If you were going to buy it buy low, and really, really expect it to be a badly designed game going in.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My small haul:

Antichamber
Papers Please
Spelunky

Pretty happy, all games I was interested in. Want to get Gone Home, The Swapper and Outlast on the Christmas sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom