• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Antichamber makes me feel dumb :( There are a bunch of rooms that still allow for different routes, but I can't figure out how to make progress in any of them.

Grief.exe

I bought Dark Souls guys.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Miguel81

Yeah, I'd honestly say he's probably the hardest boss in the game, because you're pretty underequipped when you fight him and he will kill you without a second thought. Best strategy imo, is to run for the stairs, take the dogs up ASAP, and then go up onto the ledge next to the stairs and hit the demon when he can't get at you.

It sure is satisfying beating him up when he appears as a normal enemy later though.

I did run for the stairs, took out the dogs, and then firebombed him a bit. I'm playing a thief, and I had a scimitar + 2 at the time.

Colin.

Man, had no luck with Gamefly for purchasing in $$. Used VPN and my card, but got errors even when using a US address, as well as my own with a US postcode. No dice with Paypal either. Guess I will have to get one of my US buddies to help me.

How long is Amazon's XCOM deal going on? It's much better than the Steam price

Until the 3rd of December.

Tenrius

I have picked up

Demon Souls
Metal Gear Solid Legacy
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 2
Vanquish
God of War Saga

To Pick up
Last of Us (Comes with the Bundle)
Journey
Thinking about ZOE HD and ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD

I'm feeling that desire to play through Dark Souls again, I think I may satiate that with some Demons after my Last of Us play through.

I don't get it, you don't play classic games again?

What, no Yakuza? Not even on the "To pick up" list?

Dr Dogg

I have picked up

Demon Souls
Metal Gear Solid Legacy
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 2
Vanquish
God of War Saga

To Pick up
Last of Us (Comes with the Bundle)
Journey
Thinking about ZOE HD and ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD

I'm feeling that desire to play through Dark Souls again, I think I may satiate that with some Demons after my Last of Us play through.

Sweet collection already before you've even got a PS3. ICO and SotC are defiantly worth it though both do look glorious through PCSX2 and down sample crazy good. Other than 3D Dot Game Heroes, Tokyo Jungle and Valkyria Chronicles you've got most of the must have (tastes depending of course, you might like Yakuza 3 or 4 or Infamous). Anywho waaaaaayy OT.

Everybody who's on the fence buy Dark Souls and Papers, Please. Torture in 2 completely different ways.

AsylumX

I don't get it, you don't play classic games again?

Dark Souls is a great game, even an excellent one if you like, but i wouldn't call it a classic game.

I play classic games. I'm even considering picking up a few of the "classics", that I have on cds, on steam so I'm able to play them without worrying about the cds and their maintenance. But I go back to the classics because I used to play them when I was a kid or if they offer me something that current games don't.

For me (and I must state that it's just my opinion), if Dark Souls 2 is the "definitive" version of the DS series, I will play that.

How's the FF VII PC port?

FFVII on the PC is nearly identical to the PSX release. It used to be worse, but then they patched the music to match the PSX version.

The only real differences:

• Steam achievements
  • Cloud saving
  • Is compatible with all of the mods made for the PC version

There are a few total graphics overhaul mods that look pretty cool, but keep in mind that when using mods I believe achievements and cloud saving is disabled.
Thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is FFVII on PC? I have the original PSX version but a PC version with nicer textures and the like would be ace.

Any thoughts?

FFVII on the PC is nearly identical to the PSX release. It used to be worse, but then they patched the music to match the PSX version.

• Steam achievements
  • Cloud saving

There are a few total graphics overhaul mods that look pretty cool, but keep in mind that when using mods I believe achievements and cloud saving is disabled.

Miguel81

Dark Souls is a great game, even an excellent one if you like, but i wouldn't call it a classic game.

I play classic games. I'm even considering picking up a few of the "classics", that I have on cds, on steam so I'm able to play them without worrying about the cds and their maintenance. But I go back to the classics because I used to play them when I was a kid or if they offer me something that current games don't.

For me (and I must state that it's just my opinion), if Dark Souls 2 is the "definitive" version of the DS series, I will play that.

The way the game puts you on edge is similar to the classics in a way.

sprinkles

Oh, I am finally a member after over a year of enjoying Steam-GAF? Time to give away a couple of games!
Only bundle leftovers though, so no rules as all the regulars will have them already.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-22070637EF704DC8 - Taken by OldAsUrSock
McPixel -- MB-40A12F94E6070460 - Taken by Zeeman
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-82366E5C3528D843 - Taken by Kanokare
Trine 2 -- MB-B5ACC83FBCE0DC1F - Taken by Creamium
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-249D714F7D30622E - Taken by ElTopo
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin -- MB-17AD2FAB3D0C1265 - Taken by almostheathen
Mirror's Edge -- MB-C0B45EF4AAEE8D6B - Taken by Woorloog
English Country Tune -- MB-654F04195FE60AEE - Taken by scorpscarx
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-287122B6C6E4EC3C - Taken by webrunner
Nightsky -- MB-F08E16A9502C51DD - Taken by DXLelouch153
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-3D9005C387EE7672 - Taken by TheExodu5
Bastion -- MB-0204A044E4CB286D - Taken by NekoToshiro
Divekick -- MB-60FF82E90A724ED0 - Taken by dani_dc
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-136C98A5E7CF662D - Taken by wazoo
Burnout Paradise -- MB-828EDF4C2C91E3CE - Taken by Tolerance
F.E.A.R. -- MB-B7FFDCDCEE7E6694 - Taken by Divius
FTL -- MB-759FFBB8D4A9E56B - Taken by doctorcdcs
Waking Mars -- MB-00A10EB945C74070 - Taken by CrunchyFrog

Not technically part of the Steam sale, but for all those concerned:

Elder Scrolls Anthology Box Set - $29.99 from Amazon + free shipping

Includes all addons for Arena and Daggerfall, the Skyrim disc is the Legendary edition with all dlc's, and though the Morrowind and Oblivion discs are the retail editions without the DLC's or expansions, they both come with Steam keys for the GOTY and GOTY Deluxe editions respectively which do contain all available DLC and addons. Hell of a deal if you've not dipped into the series yet.

Divius

Oh, I am finally a member after over a year of enjoying Steam-GAF? Time to give away a couple of games!
Only bundle leftovers though, so no rules as all the regulars will have them already.
Very nice of you, thanks for FEAR! And welcome to member-hood :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I won Trine 2, awesome! Thank you so much Sprinkles!

Is there anyone interested in Greed Corp btw? First to pm gets it.

I read a rumor that ff8 is going to re-release on PC. I may have to buy that since it is one of the few FF 1-10 I haven't beaten (I did get to disc 2 on PSX before stopping though).

I would also buy FF9 and 10 in a heartbeat.

Grief.exe

• Steam achievements
  • Cloud saving

It isn't really compatible out of the box. You have to roll the game version back to the original PC release in order to gain compatibility.

I read a rumor that ff8 is going to re-release on PC. I may have to buy that since it is one of the few FF 1-10 I haven't beaten (I did get to disc 2 on PSX before stopping though).

The registry app for FF8 is actually updated constantly.

A few times today in fact.

FF8 has been in the registry for a while. I think even the achievements are listed for it.

edit: beaten

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It isn't really compatible out of the box. You have to roll the game version back to the original PC release in order to gain compatibility.

The registry app for FF8 is actually updated constantly.

A few times today in fact.

I believe they've updated quite a few of the mods to be "Steam compatible" so that you don't have to roll the game back, and some claim to even work with achievements and cloud saving now. So the situation with modding FFVII is better than it was when the game was released on Steam, though YMMV and it still requires a bit of tweaking.

Also, I'm still planning on buying FFVIII the day it comes out on Steam. For now I have the remake of FFV on android to tide me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom