• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's still there, it should be at the bottom of your wishlist. Also, make sure Enhanced Steam is done processing your owned games, as clicking it basically just removes anything that is highlighted as owned. :)
Thanks jshackles, not sure what happened here but I removed and reinstalled the extension and it's showing now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This isn't 100% accurate from what I can tell. It lists Saints Row 4 being $15 today, but its still $20. Also had Assassins Creed 3 at $7.50, though it looks like the removed that one from the list now.

Anyone know if amazon's stuff updates later in the day like steam?

Edit: Saw other's noticing this too after I read more.

An hour before Steam, IIRC.

Edit: Or I'm confusing midnight here (during the US' DST observation period) with Amazon updating at midnight US local time.

Edit edit: Assassin's Creed 3 at $7.50 is still listed, and it is $7.50, so, yeah, Amazon deals update at midnight stateside. You're right about SRIV, though.

derExperte

What are the odds we get a daily deal on Shadow Warrior?

Golden Rule::

Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.
Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.

NOBODY knows exactly what will go on sale, stop asking! and just wait for it to become a deal or not.

I don't understand, how much time there's for the nuuvem deals? On the front page it says 10 hours, in the single pages it says 4 days and 6 hours. wat.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
BUY EVERYTHING YOU WANT NOW. YOU COULD DIE AT ANY MOMENT

I don't understand, how much time there's for the nuuvem deals? On the front page it says 10 hours, in the single pages it says 4 days and 6 hours. wat.
I don't know either lol. A bug, maybe?

YOSSO

Ezra2680

An hour before Steam, IIRC.

Edit: Or I'm confusing midnight here (during the US' DST observation period) with Amazon updating at midnight US local time.

Edit edit: Assassin's Creed 3 at $7.50 is still listed, and it is $7.50, so, yeah, Amazon deals update at midnight stateside. You're right about SRIV, though.

Thanks, not sure why I can't find AC3 on the list with ctrl+f and when I went to the page the only option it gave me was for the digital deluxe edition

My opinion on this is to not fret if you miss out on a deal, because Steam's Christmas sales are right around the corner.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I liked it a lot better than the first one but if you absolutely hated the first one not sure the sequel would change your mind.

It changed my mind.

There's a demo on Steam. Download it like I said yesterday night and see if it does for you.

Li Kao

ohai:

Originally Posted by Li Kao

Tell me about it, I'm like you adding anything I'm even moderately interested, to keep tabs of things. And on top of that I read SteamGaf daily. Now my wish list is in the 170 and my online friends must take me for a maniac.
Hey guys, by the way, my birthday, on the 29 of November, is near. Isn't it cool ? Love you xoxo

Oh man, thank you for the reminder, I had forgotten all about that little something that... J/K IT'S MY 35th BIRTHDAY AND I'M NOT EVEN SAD LALALA !

Don't know, why, this type of date has long evolved from "it's the best day in the year" to "oh god, another year has passed, really ?" But here no, reading the posts from a great community of fellow gaffers, listening to Queen and with the perspective of continuing my journey though life's pains and small miracles in Gone Home tonight. What could I ask for ?

A girlfriend, ok I give you that one.
Gifts too yeah, would be cool.
A real life, you say ?...
brb going to cry in a corner.

Seriously, hello Gaf and thank you for being crack full of nice people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, not sure why I can't find AC3 on the list with ctrl+f and when I went to the page the only option it gave me was for the digital deluxe edition

Tony's own spreadsheet (or at least the one he links to in his OP) still mentions $15 for SRIV, so I'm guessing Deep Silver had a last-minute change of heart, similar to Acti last year when it abruptly bailed on a plan to offer a $15 Black Ops + Modern Warfare 2 bundle.

drgambit

Banned
Thank you Deques for Penny Arcade Ep 3! :D :D :D

happydog.gif

Gunpoint keeps talking me out of a sale b/c of the extra bonus versions, which I want...

Also, I keep thinking all these indies on my wishlist will be in a humble bundle any minute.

Turfster

Tony's own spreadsheet (or at least the one he links to in his OP) still mentions $15 for SRIV, so I'm guessing Deep Silver had a last-minute change of heart, similar to Acti last year when it abruptly bailed on a plan to offer a $15 Black Ops + Modern Warfare 2 bundle.
Well, we know Deep Silver really really wants to get as much money out of SR4 as they can, so...

stupei

Figure I might actually get an answer here: anyone know if activating a Steam PC key from amazon or something on a game that is cross platform on Steam gives you access to every version or since you bought it through another storefront do you only get access to the Windows version?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

HOLY SHIT IF TRUE.

Li Kao

Figure I might actually get an answer here: anyone know if activating a Steam PC key from amazon or something on a game that is cross platform on Steam gives you access to every version or since you bought it through another storefront do you only get access to the Windows version?

Hmm no, to my knowledge a steamwork game activate all versions of the game even if the key is bought elsewhere. Lots of people bought Modern Warfare when it was on sale on a mac site some weeks ago.

Edit - Yeah or what the nice fellow below said, steamplay and not steamworks :-x

Turfster

It should, if it's steamplay.

To be fair, that worked wonders for THQ. :p
I'm still salty about the region locking bullshit at launch =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom