• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-8DD30201DA1C2F36 - Taken by RS4-
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-777E594C3A982038 - Taken by Camel Master

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Too lazy to find more keys, so latest bundle it is. lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

S.P.A.Z. -- MB-1D9A1515B127202D - Taken by dragonflys545
Jamestown -- MB-81402AF6FBB8A83D - Taken by Fuu. 2 entrants total.
Shatter -- MB-AA771EE7FF2D661E - Taken by Nymphae. 1 entrants total.
Closure -- MB-2A9D80953B845BF2 - Taken by JakeD. 1 entrants total.

t1385736338z1.png

Arthea

The back end of my inventory looks like this:

- CSI: Hard Evidence #1
- Saw
- Ghostbusters + DLC x3
- Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends x3
- CSI: Hard Evidence #2
- CSI: Hard Evidence #3

Sorting via drag and drop a la the wishlist page would be great.

That's not even funny (nah, it is (><)
I'm not sure, but manual sorting might be harder to implement.

I'm still weighing my options on getting Rogue Legacy or not. Time's running short but the decision...

I was considering, but I won't get to playing it any time soon, so decided I'll wait.

Jawmuncher

I got too many Penny Arcade. I don't remember which are used. So I am sorry for those who got used keys

Thanks for the key will try and see if it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope AVGN adventures pops up as a Daily or Flash.
66% off and I am in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

AsylumX

Thought I'd give this a shot; trying to find some old keys I have. lol

Thanks...

Lets see if someone can help me here.
I already have in my shopping cart:
-Papers, Please: 4.49 euros
-Skyrim: 7,49 euros
-Prison Architect (the pack that comes with DEFCON, Darwinia..): 13.49 euros
-Game Dev Tycoon: 4.49 euros

Thats 30 euros and maybe is a little too much for one day, if something interesting gets in offer in the next days.

So what to take out, what not, maybe get all?
The ones that im sure to keep are Papers and Skyrim, so im still a little undecided for the other two. I want them both along the line but I dont know if those are good offers for them at this moment.
Prison Architect, I love Theme Hospital, but I still think its normal price is really abusive for an alpha with shitty art. The idea is great, and I have seen some videos and its up my alley. So how playable and fun is now? I had great time with the first days of Minecraft and thought that was already pretty great for an alpha, but I dont know if Prison architect is. I also got in the cart the one with the other pack of games becuase the ideas seem really interesting to study as a game designer.
Game Dev Tycoon, as someone who loved Game Dev Story but wanted more, how is GDT compared to it. Ive heard people its too similar, while others say there are differences that make the game bigger and better, thats what im looking for.

So yeah, people that have played them, talk me out or in of this two games.

Game Dev Tycoon is a carbon copy of Game Dev Story minus the Kairosoft charm and awesome pixel art.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or, you know, splitting the Steam category into: games, emoticons, cards, coupons, backgrounds (without having to use the dropdown list)

That can come after manual sorting... and local chat logs. :p

That's not even funny (nah, it is (><)
I'm not sure, but manual sorting might be harder to implement.

It should be relatively simple.

I'm... not sure really.

Code:
[B]Should I buy [this game]?[/B]

Will you play it in the near future?          
          |              |
         Yep           Nope
          |              |
         Buy            Buy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy crap, Amazon is getting hammered.

Is anyone else having problems with it processing their order? Says it's going to take 4 hours to process my $9.99 charge for Payday 2 which seems a little insane.

I'd go without both of them. Prison Architect could be something really great, but it's not there yet and it's pretty frustrating in parts because of that. It'll be cheaper in future sales when it is a more complete game.

I bought Game Dev Tycoon purely because I wanted a bigger Game Dev Story with more depth and I was really disappointed. The depth is there, but it is completely devoid of that Kairosoft charm which made the game a real chore for me.

I personally would, if this was me..take out either Skyrim (I know you mentioned keeping it) or Game Dev.

Thanks guys.
Yeah, maybe I wait for hristmas sales for Prison Architect and get game dev as it not so expensive, maybe the charm thing doesnt affect, or maybe it does and I hate the game. Will see.

masterkajo

Says saints row 4 is 14.99 today but it is at 19.99...error? or not on sale yet?

Waiting on $14.99 myself. Though $19.99 is a weird price as on the spreadsheet it should either be $33.33 or $14.99. Then again it was $29.99 a few days ago when it should have been $33.33.

So I hope it flips to $14.99 soon.

Hasney

I was wondering about that.

Shame, I love Dev Story and was hoping for a full fledged game for the PC.

If you can get hold of Game Dev Story 2 from Japan for PC, there is a translation patch. You'll have to Google it though, I can't find the patch without the game bundled in pirate style since the Kairospot forums died.

NotSelf

Holy crap, Amazon is getting hammered.

Is anyone else having problems with it processing their order? Says it's going to take 4 hours to process my $9.99 charge for Payday 2 which seems a little insane.

Bought thief and sonic racing without any problems.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man every time the representative from Neocore opens his mouth on the Steam Discussion page, things get worse.

Someone complained that they accidentally bought the Standard version of Van Helsing instead of the Complete version, so the rep was like "That's okay just send $1.70 in Paypal to us and we'll make sure you get all of the DLC."

Oh boy. So a flood of people came in and were like "WTF? He buys the game now and gets special treatment and the DLC for cheap, but we can't". The thread was then edited to high heaven and any trace of them offering that deal were removed.

At this point I'll probably skip the DLC even when it's on sale.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I remember Enhanced Steam getting a "remove all owned" button for the wishlist in a changelog but I can't seem to find it, was it removed?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember Enhanced Steam getting a "remove all owned" button for the wishlist in a changelog but I can't seem to find it, was it removed?

It's still there, it should be at the bottom of your wishlist. Also, make sure Enhanced Steam is done processing your owned games, as clicking it basically just removes anything that is highlighted as owned. :)

Ezra2680

Thank you based Jase

This isn't 100% accurate from what I can tell. It lists Saints Row 4 being $15 today, but its still $20. Also had Assassins Creed 3 at $7.50, though it looks like the removed that one from the list now.

Anyone know if amazon's stuff updates later in the day like steam?

Edit: Saw other's noticing this too after I read more.

Miletius

Man every time the representative from Neocore opens his mouth on the Steam Discussion page, things get worse.

Someone complained that they accidentally bought the Standard version of Van Helsing instead of the Complete version, so the rep was like "That's okay just send $1.70 in Paypal to us and we'll make sure you get all of the DLC."

Oh boy. So a flood of people came in and were like "WTF? He buys the game now and gets special treatment and the DLC for cheap, but we can't". The thread was then edited to high heaven and any trace of them offering that deal were removed.

At this point I'll probably skip the DLC even when it's on sale.

That sucks. For what it's worth, the DLC for the game is entirely optional. The game is worth a playthrough, but I wouldn't do it again on another character, which is what the DLC provides.

jshackles

That sucks. For what it's worth, the DLC for the game is entirely optional. The game is worth a playthrough, but I wouldn't do it again on another character, which is what the DLC provides.

I actually really liked the game (and played through it twice already) and was looking forward to a 3rd and 4th playthrough with the DLC characters. But after all of their shenanigans I don't want to give them any more cash.

Removed both DLC I'm missing from my wishlist.

I was wondering about that.

Shame, I love Dev Story and was hoping for a full fledged game for the PC.
Game Dev Tycoon is pretty fun, but I feel bad for giving them money for what is essentially a less interesting version of Dev Story. I probably wouldn't even own it if I hadn't been gifted it by my girlfriend.

In short, you'll probably enjoy it if you buy it but you're kind of supporting plagiarism by doing so.

MNC

Shatter is amazing guys. You should definitely pick it up and beat my high scores. And the soundtrack... Pure bliss!

jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom