• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Quick GAF, sell me on The Bureau X-COM Declassified!
I can get it for like $16 on GMG, and the game isn't available in my Steam region >_<.

Dr.Acula

Banned
BUY EVERYTHING YOU WANT NOW. YOU COULD DIE AT ANY MOMENT

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

vg260

what?

do you play games to play them or to get through them? If a game is good, I don't see why playing one long and good game is worse than playing a couple short and good games.

Yeah, I know. Too many games I wanna play, too little time. I'm spread too thin!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Find an American that wants it or get a refund from Amazon, basically, unless Deep Silver relaxed their cross-regional key stuff (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*ahem*)
(Also you can try VPNing if you have access to a secure one)

Spotflux will work. It's what I used to activate my Commander-in-Chief Edition key.

Terra

Picked up Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert + expansions.
Also, Civilization - Brave New World on 50%.

But why am I doing this? I am saving up my hard earned money for a Wii U after christmas...

Tizoc

X-COM EU sadly wasn't to my taste. While I get why it's a good game, it just isn't for me, although Bureau's TPS style combat interests me more.

masterkajo

Spotflux will work. It's what I used to activate my Commander-in-Chief Edition key.

Thanks. Will try that. But before one last question. Is that save in the sense that Valve won#t pursue actions against me/my account. I mean if you are doing it with your account it should be, right?

Hasney

X-COM EU sadly wasn't to my taste. While I get why it's a good game, it just isn't for me, although Bureau's TPS style combat interests me more.

Then I doth pray to thee, find thee a TPS worthy of thine dollar.

EDIT: Fekkin double post. I expected my posts to be the bread to a JaseC sandwich as is usually the case. You're slacking!

derExperte

Picked up Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert + expansions.
Also, Civilization - Brave New World on 50%.

But why am I doing this? I am saving up my hard earned money for a Wii U after christmas...

So you are trying to save money but aren't waiting for the daily deals. Watch Civ become a daily in one hour.

JaseC

Thanks. Will try that. But before one last question. Is that save in the sense that Valve won#t pursue actions against me/my account. I mean if you are doing it with your account it should be, right?

The SSA prohibits using a VPN at all, but to date there are no reports of anybody having their account restricted for using one for reasons other than circumventing regional pricing. I myself been using VPNs on-and-off to activate region-locked keys and unlock games early since DE:HR and haven't encountered any trouble, and many other GAFers are in similar situations.

Tizoc

EDIT: Fekkin double post. I expected my posts to be the bread to a JaseC sandwich as is usually the case. You're slacking!

I'm waiting for Deadpool to go for $15, cuz ya know...Activision.

elhav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Breed Complete Pack- -- MB-35DF241FB8F0CF88 - Taken by intheinbetween
Alien breed up for grabs

FloatOn

Paging RealityExists... ; )

Okay here's the deal on The Bureau:

Let me get the shit out of the way: DO NOT expect this game to have a good or even decent story. Truth be told it blows. But! and this is a big thing for me, in terms of squad based third person shooters, the combat is something that really is worth the price of admission.

The battle focus system completely destroys any frustration you might experience feel normally in games of this type because it gives you an incredible amount of control over what your squad mates do in the field. The feeling you get when you properly orchestrate a 4 part combo assault on an enemy encounter is pretty incredible.

Had this game not had such a troubled development history I think they could have iron out the plot inconsistencies. I would say a fair price for this game is in the $15-20 range. It's absolutely my "sleeper hit" of the generation.

JaseC

I was changing my avatar. :p

kulapik

There's a guy on tf2op who is selling Skyrim at 3.5 keys, he sells out in 5 minutes and said to me that he has 20 friend requests not accepted LOL. Guess 1 minus ref is not worth it.

Spot the difference, Enhanced Steam edition:

goddamn, when are you going to stop making changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom