• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Is Papers, Please any good? It looks fantastic and the price is extremely tempting.

The feel is entirely different than any game I have played. The gameplay is simple, but the rules subtly change over time and it starts to require a bit of patient examination. I really liked the whole feel of the constant fear that stems from making basic bureaucratic decisions as a apparatchik in an oppressive corrupt system that heavily impact your family or the innocent or "guilty" people you are dealing with. Do you use the corruption inherent in the system to survive in that system, to help other innocent people at the expense of yourself or your family? Oh the perpetual guilt of successfully functioning as that apparatchik.

The first time I tried playing it, it felt a bit odd and strange and it didn't click. The second time I tried playing it I finally got over the initial learning curve and put in several hours at once. If you decide to buy it, you might think about playing on easy to start with, it gives you a little extra cash that really helps you out. Growing up during the cold war and being a student of history really made this game resonate with me. I recommend it!

After receiving some great games from the GAF Steam Super Friends Thread, I'm giving away some too!

If there's someone out there who played Final Fantasy VII back in the day and is okay with some questionable Square bullshit, quote this message and PM me your account name, I'll send it your way.

Edit: Sorry if it's vague, but this is a single copy, quote and serve kind of thing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did, but the fact alone that acti considered doing it is mind blowing.

I'd planned to split the bundle with somebody, but Acti's change of mind dashed those hopes. Here we are, a year later, and Black Ops for <$10 is still a pipe dream.

Li Kao

I adore the Lego games. I started playing through Lego Indy a while back and have been meaning to get back to it.

Hmm, that's an idea, if the dailies are bad today I can see me going for Lego Marvel, Lego Batman was far from perfect but a nice regressive pleasure.

Nymphae

Banned
After receiving some great games from the GAF Steam Super Friends Thread, I'm giving away some too!

If there's someone out there who played Final Fantasy VII back in the day and is okay with some questionable Square bullshit, quote this message and PM me your account name, I'll send it your way.

Edit: Sorry if it's vague, but this is a single copy, quote and serve kind of thing.

I'd love to try out the PC version, my steam profile name is Elwinster.

JaseC

Haha, Konami still hasn't fixed Saw. Back during the Halloween Sale, the US sub ran out of keys, so Konami pulled the game from PAL Land stores and reappropriated the UK sub for America.

Hmm, that's an idea, if the dailies are bad today I can see me going for Lego Marvel, Lego Batman was far from perfect but a nice regressive pleasure.

I was hoping Tony would be able to work his magic and convince Warner to offer Lego Marvel at 75% off for a day, as he managed to do last year with Lego LOTR.

FloatOn

Daaamn, great price. But I'll wait until the GOTY edition is cheaper.

or you could be a good person and just play the dlc later. Dishonored is one of the best games I've played this past gen and 5 dollars is a steal. Don't hesitate, the DLC isn't that crucial.

Deadbeat

Banned
I heard that Amazon is cracking down on you using a foreign credit card and then just putting in a generic american address. Is that true or not?

Zeknurn

Who offers Steam keys for the edition containing base game+expansion but not for the expansion itself. Silly Germans that's who.

I had to download the expansion from their website in executable form like a savage. Luckily it works with my Steam version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Buy now before you die and regret of not owning this amazing game.

SteveWinwood sputtered blood, and as he bled out from his side. He laid in his own filth, overcome by a feeling of sadness. He realized, in his last moments, that he didn't own Gunpoint, and that his life had been all the worse for it. If only he could of spared that measly $3.39 for true happiness.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just occurred to me that I haven't played Knife of Dunwall yet, got it when it was 6,79 BRL back in July. I'd prefer to do a single run back to back with Brigmore Witches but I'm waiting for the second DLC to hit that price too.

JaseC

I heard that Amazon is cracking down on you using a foreign credit card and then just putting in a generic american address. Is that true or not?

The anecdotes I've read have all mentioned purchasing something from the recently-launched PSN sub-store.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'd lie in SteveWinwood's filth any time.

pmlg.png

Wag

You can find some insane deals for Saints Row IV on eBay if you look. I got SRIV, Thief, and Blood Dragon for $22.

Hey, is Van Helsing worth $5? I have Torchlight 2 and still haven't played that yet.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man, I can never pull the trigger on Dark Souls, even at $6. I just don't have the time to be punished anymore :(

what?

do you play games to play them or to get through them? If a game is good, I don't see why playing one long and good game is worse than playing a couple short and good games.

Roto13

Screw it, I'm buying Papers, Please. I'm expecting it to show up in a Humble Bundle or something soon, but I want to play it right this minute.

Deadbeat

Banned
The anecdotes I've read have all mentioned purchasing something from the recently-launched PSN sub-store.
I just dont want to gamble buying a game and then it just ups and disappears without my knowledge.

Why doesnt gamefly have the 5 dollar Dishonored it promised?

masterkajo

When I want to redeem Saint's Row IV on Steam I get "Not Available. Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

Does this mean SRIV is region locked for EU?

Fuu

I can't believe we still haven't heard anything regarding GFWL removal on Dark Souls.

oh shit, I just bought SR IV and it's region locked, so now I'm stuck with the activation code :(

When I want to redeem Saint's Row IV on Steam I get "Not Available. Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

same here dude :(

Lain

Anecdotal, but between yesterday and today I've bought 5 items from amazon.com

Legacy of Kain Pack [Online Game Code]
Dungeon Siege [Download]
Dungeon Siege II [Download]
Rogue Legacy [Online Game Code]
Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition [Online Game Code]

I'm from Italy, and didn't have any problem.

Turfster

Yes, SR4 is region locked in 50 different flavors.

Just grabbed SR IV. This is the first time I've had to use AZ's code downloader thing. wtf is the point of that versus just giving me my steam key like usual?

Li Kao

I just dont want to gamble buying a game and then it just ups and disappears without my knowledge.

Why doesnt gamefly have the 5 dollar Dishonored it promised?

Well it wouldn't surprise me if it was related to PSN cards and codes. Sony is surprisingly annoying with buying from other regions on their store. Could be that they force Amazon traditionally lax hand on the matter.

Hey, now that you mention it, the game was indeed region-locked at launch. Pathetic that it is still a thing now though. At least cut the buyers some slack once some months have passed...

Fuu

Anecdotal, but between yesterday and today I've bought 5 items from amazon.com

Legacy of Kain Pack [Online Game Code]
Dungeon Siege [Download]
Dungeon Siege II [Download]
Rogue Legacy [Online Game Code]
Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition [Online Game Code]

I'm from Italy, and didn't have any problem.
I bought Far Cry 3 on amazon.com from Brazil earlier today and also had no issues. Seems to be a PSN thing (or cases like SRIV where the game is region locked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom