• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

The in-game stuff works really, really well and it's integrated nicely, but framerate takes a hit. Things aren't as smooth. Doesn't seem to affect ping, though.

_leech_ said:
The in-game stuff works really, really well and it's integrated nicely, but framerate takes a hit. Things aren't as smooth. Doesn't seem to affect ping, though.

Its very very sluggish on my comp. But then again i got a warning from Steam to update my Nvidia drivers :p

Doing that now.

_leech_ said:
As someone said it the steam chat, the Steam overlay works faster then the Xbox360 blade overlay...lolz

It runs smoothly when I am in Steam games, but third party games outside of Steam is when I take a hit.

I click the join button on the Neogaf group and nothing happens. I'm trying to login with my steamID but I can't, so I don't know.

Best avatar I can make with the source image here on the forum:

165fs266886.png

There should be better Photoshoppers around here, though :p

Gowans

WOW so far it has some really good features

Most things from Live cross game chat, pop up notifications

and kicks its arse in some areas too.

Groups:

Already can tell its awesome, like a global clan, instant & shared friends list

Profile Pages:

Detailed descriptions of friends, their friends, details & gaming habbits

View you friends friends:

Like Myspace, Facebook and any social networking site you have the ability to view your friends friends.

Cross game voice chat:

This is kinda buggy at the mo in beta but you can talk to one of your groups or friends, like 360 private chat but with more than just 1 on 1.

Favorite & Most Played Games:

Details on your fave & most oftenly played games along with hours played this week, great to see what that players tastes are.

All of these should be standard on all services, The online community/service space has now got a kick up the arse thanks to steam :D

Great stuff so far, gona check more out in game before bed.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Quake 3 has a bug that basically sets your brightness to what it would be with the overlay up whenever someone joins a game/signs on.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
_leech_ said:

http://m1.freeshare.us/165fs266886.png[/im]

There should be better Photoshoppers around here, though :P[/QUOTE]

No worries, I have the vectors.

One thing I have already had to disable are the pop-ups. They're fine in the menus, but in-game, they block too much of the screen. For instance, my money on CS:Source. So, that's too bad. I haven't explored much else, though.

Okay, I resolved the issue by logging in, in my internet browser, with my steam account name and password, not my steamID. After I finally logged in, the join button worked!

lol, 94 Members in less then 1 hour :eek: STEAM community will crash and burn because of us :p

Thanks for the new logo, i'll update with that one while waiting for the new one from EviLore ^^

BTW EvilLore, make a 184x184 instead. It gave me an 100x100 max error once but the max size is 184x184 :p

_leech_ said:

165fs266886.png

There should be better Photoshoppers around here, though :p

I have the source image, I'll get that to you guys later tonight. But someone better admin me, especially the non-mod/admin of the group!

WasabiKing said:
I have the source image, I'll get that to you guys later tonight. But someone better admin me, especially the non-mod/admin of the group!

I've been making admins of all mods :p Sorry if i missed ya.

Reikon

My account is only since Oct 7, 2004. :(

I have an older one from when they used email addresses for names, but I forgot the password to that since I let someone else use it.

Gowans007 said:

I win!

edit:

Shit 2 days GRR!

"Member since:October 23, 2003"
evillaugh.gif

*edit* woot lol stupid me. I thought October came before September
smackforehead.gif

I'm in, howdy folks. 9th Nob 2003. I remember holding off using Steam for the longest of times, WON or nothing bitches. Steam was a mess for the first year or so, it's been a lot better since.

Still I don't think I can ever forgive valve for what they did to Day of Defeat.

Top Bottom