• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

ostemad

Half life:2 release?

edit:

oh yeah, used to play cs.
Remember having *PAS in my name: players against steam :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I was able to join the Neogaf group, but why won't the Steam Community Beta show up in my Settings?

Beta Participation: (none currently available)

yilmazz

Mejilan said:
I was able to join the Neogaf group, but why won't the Steam Community Beta show up in my Settings?

Beta Participation: (none currently available)

Try to restart steam and look again.

Natsume

ParticleReality said:
Didn't it used to murder computers at a point? I recall playing Steam Checkers or whatever and it crashed my computer.

Oh yeah. It used to be the unstable piece of software available but they somehow managed to turn it around into something amazing

I know this is kinda off topic but I imagine you guys are knowledgeable.

I just reinstalled Steam to get the cool ID pack. Can somebody tell me how to properly use a headset with this thing? I've got Steam to pick up the microphone, but is there any way to get the in-game voice to come through my headphones, not the speakers? I'm using a Creative sound card for my usual audio, and the onboard AC97 to hook up headset, which connects to both the mic and audio out ports at the front of my PC.

Reikon

Son of Godzilla said:
Do you need an account seperate from Steam proper or something? I can't get log in using my info.

It uses your Steam account. Just keep retrying. It wasn't working for me for a while either.

Mrbob

I'm guessing everyone and their grandmas are trying to set up steam community right now.

It is going slow setting up the files for me but it is working.

It took about 10 minutes for steam to set everything back up.

Linkup

ParticleReality said:
Didn't it used to murder computers at a point? I recall playing Steam Checkers or whatever and it crashed my computer.

Eh, he's just like that when it comes to steam. We all know it was a pos until recent years and it still won't keep my favorites list very long.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That's pretty cool, I like the events listing

Joined as Suikosword (I really should change my neogaf username somehow.. since it's also my Xboxlive username and PSN username)

saelz8

Kind of buggy right now, but it has A LOT OF potential. After they iron things out and add a few tweaks and additions it'll be smokin. I like it.

Quellex said:
Kind of buggy right now, but it has A LOT OF potential. After they iron things out and add a few tweaks and additions it'll be smokin. I like it.
Yeah it was nice to get a GAF game together really quick because of the event system.
The thing popped up on my desktop and I was like "sure I will play some CSS right now"
But like you said, it has bugs that need to be ironed out but I really like it.

me thinks with super PC Friendly Mod Tre, Evil, Hito, and myself, we might be organizing some get togethers. Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.

Top Bottom