• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well speaking of 07th Expansion works I'm wondering if Ryukishi is working on anything new atm. I know Rose Gun Days finished a while ago and another Higurashi Fandisk got released.
I know Higurashi Outbreak is going on but that's based off a completed book.

I may be mistaken, but I always assumed they were filtered photos, and not drawings.

They are filtered photos what I meant is to draw the scenes over and use that instead.

Dr Dogg

Actually, could you kindly explain me what are uplay credits are good for? Can you get free games for example?
Not that I have a lot, but never really looked into it either.

Absolutely nothing! And no that was not an Edwin Starr reference.

More seriously they kind of let you unlock mini bits of DLC like a wallpaper (yep in 2014 gated wallpapers are a thing), small packs like extra weapons and usually one slightly bigger unlock like a challenge mode or level. Basically it's a silly system of gating off small bits of the game that are 'rewarded' to you for completing actions by playing the game. You know because paying Ubisoft money it's an action worthy of the reward in of itself. Achievements and progression based unlocks are really what they system is mimicking. Though you do get the OST for Far Cry 4 but stuff like Child of Light and Unity have some of the rewards as consumables like it's a in-app purchase, urghhh.

Yeah, totally agree. Having a good book up there on the shelf is always nice, especially for the special games. That's why I'm hoping to pick up the Valkyria Chronicles art book, for example. Hopefully we'll see more physical books and manuals from the CRPG resurgence.

The Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive is about 400 pages long and is more a design document crossed with artbook that straight up either. The Dragons Dogma one is the same too as there's way more stuff about the universe in that book than the game itself. Even Tomb Raider 20013's art book, which is verging on 300 pages has lots of info in there that's no where else. I know Temple of Osiris' special ed art book is going to be teeny by comparison :(

Pranay

Instructions for Pranay_:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pranay_, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.
header_292x136.jpg

Capsized -- MB-05F73AB50335A001 - Taken by ExoSoul

I wish this thread wasn't in Community, the only other Community thread I look at is the Team Fortress 2 one which isn't super active so I forget about this thread all the time.

Why don't you just subscribe to the thread? That's what I do. Then, rather than look at the Gaming or Community tabs, I just find it via my subscriptions.

maybe, it was down several times lately,
and if Steam was hacked, and our credentials were stolen they would've informed us about it, its the law

Yeah. I really want to know what do those hackers get and gain byt doing that? Do they get pleasure by spoiling the fun for people? -_-

Momentary

Banned
Dead or Alive is in position 3 for top sellers. That's pretty awesome seeing as how the game is 3 months away from releasing and comes without online modes.

Tizoc

I never knew I wanted a 'Pet Rabbit Owner Simulator' until now
tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no1_400.gif

tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no2_400.gif

tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no3_400.gif

Dead or Alive is in position 3 for top sellers. That's pretty awesome seeing as how the game is 3 months away from releasing and comes without online modes.

You realize people are just getting it for the mods right?

Dr Dogg

Who want's to play as the owner. Give me Rabbit Simulator in the vain of Goat Simulator any day. Though might be viewed as an AO title due to the copious amounts of sex involved.

Some may say, these are games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rescue - Everyday Heroes -- MB-923FF89FD48F9D59 - Taken by anastef
Power-Up -- MB-91F41BE7536302EC - Taken by roadrunn3r
Lunar Flight -- MB-7982FD7BAB3CFD9D - Taken by Zeknurn

Momentary

Banned
I never knew I wanted a 'Pet Rabbit Owner Simulator' until now
tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no1_400.gif

tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no2_400.gif

tumblr_nfmg10q4lV1tu3y3no3_400.gif

You realize people are just getting it for the mods right?

I know a lot are. I'm getting it for eventual online play, being able to play as VF characters, and to support the fighting game scene on Steam. I hope there are an equal amount of people who are getting it to actually play online as well. The great thing is I won't see whatever it is the other person has modded on to their game if they choose to do that.

The_Monk

Morning everyone!

Still waiting for the Dark Souls migration to Steam and I was wondering if I will unlock all the achievements or do I need to start all over? I'm also waiting to see the patch for FF XIII regarding the graphic options, I know it's on Dec. 11th if I'm not mistaken.

Last sale was weak for me. Not because of the titles but because I was not able to keep up with most of the dailies. I bow my head in shame for not being able to but I bet you guys got something good! Now here's hoping for the winter sale, it's getting cold in here so nothing beats some warm gaming time with a nice blanket and of course, some hot coffee or tea!

Shame about the negativity the other day that got two members banned. Actually, for some odd reason Shadownet decided to delete me from his friends list... Aside of that, I have no idea what went wrong but being negative never solves anything and it's not good so please avoid those things my good people. Don't fight! Be nice.

Tizoc

Yeah I'm double dippin on dat SF5.

Will this finally be Urien's chance to leave that freakin' cellar he's been sealed in since CFJ?

Also give us Old Ryu already Capcpom.

Finally only thing that can top this is if KoF 14 gets announced showcasing Kyo vs. Iori.

MadGear

Well, Street Fighter V might be exclusive to PS4 and PC but Street Fighter V Turbo will definitely be on Xbox One as well.

fantomena

Im so goddamn getting it on both PS4 and PC. Fucking love Street Fighter. Only fighting game franchises Ive ever really liked is Street Fighter and Soul Calibur.

And like I wrote in the thread itself:

Im pretty sure "Exclusively on PS4 and PC" means it's exclusive on PS4 and PC. There is no "Exclusive, holiday 2015" like with Rise of the Tomb Raider or "First on PS4 and PC" with some indie games.

ViviOggi

The fucking mental gymnastics people are already pulling in the announcement thread to defend these anti-consumer deals is as mind-boggling as it is unsurprising

Also Tesseract that gif gets me every time

Top Bottom