• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Dr Dogg

Great news on the Street Fighter V bit but the exclusivity? Capcom are suchy hussies. While it's not exactly better when you have stuff like Resident Evil 'exclusive' to one platform (before jumping ship of course) and then Dead Rising and Lost Planet being new IPs with both spreading their wings in later releases and LP even getting a late PS3 port though they did dive back down this hole again for Dead Rising 3 only for a PC port to turn up a year later. But Street Fighter is flipping huge for them. So now you can only get it on 2 of 3 potential home platforms? Well fingers crossed this works out for them but I wonder if this has anything to do with the initial online only nature of the Xbox One (ie tourneys and what have you) or maybe a certain platform holder and money changing hands? Then again who knows if there's a timed component about it.

Uzzy

Didn't Ono said SF4 didn't sold enough to fund for sequel? Guess Sony fork out some dough to get a console exclusive deal.

It sold 8m copies across all platforms and all versions. But he did say some things about funding for another game being hard to find. Guess someone at Sony stepped in.

And yes, it really sucks for any Xbox fans out there that this game's exclusive. Money hatted third party exclusives are the worst.

kurahador

It sold 8m copies across all platforms and all versions. But he did say some things about funding for another game being hard to find. Guess someone at Sony stepped in.

And yes, it really sucks for any Xbox fans out there that this game's exclusive. Money hatted third party exclusives are the worst.

I'm sure they'll wriggle out of the exclusive by releasing Super or Ultimate version later.
Better than what MS doing with Titanfall or TR at least.

Great news on the Street Fighter V bit but the exclusivity? Capcom are suchy hussies. While it's not exactly better when you have stuff like Resident Evil 'exclusive' to one platform (before jumping ship of course) and then Dead Rising and Lost Planet being new IPs with both spreading their wings in later releases and LP even getting a late PS3 port though they did dive back down this hole again for Dead Rising 3 only for a PC port to turn up a year later. But Street Fighter is flipping huge for them. So now you can only get it on 2 of 3 potential home platforms? Well fingers crossed this works out for them but I wonder if this has anything to do with the initial online only nature of the Xbox One (ie tourneys and what have you) or maybe a certain platform holder and money changing hands? Then again who knows if there's a timed component about it.

So is it safe to say that Capcom just shot itself in the foot?

Spent a little time playing The Marvellous Miss Take today (thanks SinineSiil for the giveaway!). It's actually a lot of fun. A more forgiving version of Monaco without the multiplayer and violence. The cartoon graphics fit the comedy heist theme perfectly, and the game basically nails the atmosphere it's going for.

The early heists are pretty short (2-3 minutes each) but I'm hoping it gets more involved as the game progresses. There's some repetition involved as you have to complete levels you've already played with another character to unlock content further. Short levels means it's not a big deal though. It's good stuff and worth keeping an eye on during sales and such.

Since there was mention of Steins Gate a couple of pages ago, I just came across this on my Twitter feed where someone is convinced it might be coming to consoles. I read a little bit and my eyes glazed over with the kind of extrapolation going on but maybe someone who cares more can see if there's any merit to the theory.

As for Street Fighter 5, I feel bad for Xbox owners for missing out. The thread on the subject is going predictably. What will it take for console gamers to realize that they are not the winner any time a game goes exclusive?

I also wonder if Capcom will be able to top the Indestructible trailer for SF4. That shit was amazing when it came out.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Morning everyone!

Still waiting for the Dark Souls migration to Steam and I was wondering if I will unlock all the achievements or do I need to start all over? I'm also waiting to see the patch for FF XIII regarding the graphic options, I know it's on Dec. 11th if I'm not mistaken.

Last sale was weak for me. Not because of the titles but because I was not able to keep up with most of the dailies. I bow my head in shame for not being able to but I bet you guys got something good! Now here's hoping for the winter sale, it's getting cold in here so nothing beats some warm gaming time with a nice blanket and of course, some hot coffee or tea!

Shame about the negativity the other day that got two members banned. Actually, for some odd reason Shadownet decided to delete me from his friends list... Aside of that, I have no idea what went wrong but being negative never solves anything and it's not good so please avoid those things my good people. Don't fight! Be nice.

I think he mentioned completely clearing his friend list awhile ago but was re-adding people he knew. He might have forgotten to sent a friend request. You can always send your own request and see if he accepts.

Got the Steam guard notification. Apparently someone tried to access (or accessed) my Steam account from a mobile in the States. Had to go through the changing passwords on email and Steam thing and everything. But the way it was worded made it sound like they allowed access anyway? Is that how it worked?

BruteUA

Have at it. I'm quite fond of Tiny Barbarian myself.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly 30 -- MB-1942499B119E9D13 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Complete Pack -- MB-1DFCCB6DC6C9B7A0 - Taken by AsylumX. 8 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-C686E0BBEF0EE12C
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-E94EDEDB35505006 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Tiny Barbarian DX -- MB-526847D8E8F10B35 - Taken by didamangi. 8 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-FDEC94EE2D9482D0 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-1F03F9C181634ADB - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.

t1417797079z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It is really strange to see big game announcements during whole year not only around E3 :D

I personally prefer a more spread out announcement strategy than the localized nature of E3 which only serves to encourage fanboy debates among console platforms.

That's crazy, though.
I mean, accessing Steam on a mobile phone? Wowee, that's a harsh experience.

It wasn't horrible during the Summer sale. I preferred it, really. The layout was less jarring and it was more responsive around the rollover times, like 1:01 EST.

This most recent sale was just garbage, as is using mobile Steam on non-sale days. It's the previous sales that proved they had a ball to drop and drop they did. Hopefully, WinterSeal will bring it back around.

Dr Dogg

Got the Steam guard notification. Apparently someone tried to access (or accessed) my Steam account from a mobile in the States. Had to go through the changing passwords on email and Steam thing and everything. But the way it was worded made it sound like they allowed access anyway? Is that how it worked?

Every Steamguard notification I've got since the system changed has given me the code to authorise the new device or computer, the IP address of where the request was made and then details of what to do if your didn't request it like changing your password or locking your account until you chat to support. I've never had a 'success' email or anything of the sort.

so I guess we got an answer to 'do mods come into this thread anymore' right?.

They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Top Bottom