• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Copons

Not helpful. Kinda freaked out. It's not like I give anyone my information...

I'm sorry, just wanted to lighten the thing. :(

Anyway, you said Steam Guard, so let's assume someone tried to log in your account, and let's even assume he has your password, when he log in, you should automatically receive a Steam Guard mail containing a code to enter on Steam to "unlock" your login attempt.
Without that code, that someone just cannot complete the login.

It wasn't horrible during the Summer sale. I preferred it, really. The layout was less jarring and it was more responsive around the rollover times, like 1:01 EST.

This most recent sale was just garbage, as is using mobile Steam on non-sale days. It's the previous sales that proved they had a ball to drop and drop they did. Hopefully, WinterSeal will bring it back around.

I can't remember how it was during the Summer Sale, but during the Autumn one I logged in the Android app to check the dailies, and well, there weren't any.
I had to open the site in Chrome to see the dailies (not a comfy UX at all, but still).
Now that's was kinda WTF, also because Valve could, like, update the Android app after 2 years since the last update or something?

I can't remember how it was during the Summer Sale, but during the Autumn one I logged in the Android app to check the dailies, and well, there weren't any.
I had to open the site in Chrome to see the dailies (not a comfy UX at all, but still).
Now that's was kinda WTF, also because Valve could, like, update the Android app after 2 years since the last update or something?

Yeah, it was like that on iOS, too. The app was functionally useless.

For Summer, there was a separate tab that contained all of the sale info, including what to vote on, with working timers and all. Clean, simple.

dex3108

I personally prefer a more spread out announcement strategy than the localized nature of E3 which only serves to encourage fanboy debates among console platforms.

I like it too but it is really strange. There are no more "dry months" or they are really limited. Game releases are spread out too now we have AAA releases almost every month (Except in July and August) :D

So excited, but I wish Capcom released a Street Fighter Alpha collection on Steam and current-gen consoles. I'd really support that too!

Zafir

I'm amused how everyone's happy about Street Fighter V's exclusivity, and yet when Tomb Raider was announced exclusive to Xbox One everyone grabbed their pitchforks.

Okay I have to admit, there's some entertainment value in the SF5 thread. Especially when the fanboys get called out.

i'm honestly starting to think that neogaf is the birthplace of all console/pc wars and fanboy-ism garbage, in all the boards i ever visited in my life neogaf gotta be the worst in that regard
it's not even shitposting tier, people are intellectualizing are rationalizing their emotional investment in pieces of plastic and brand names

Ban Puncher

I'm amused how everyone's happy about Street Fighter V's exclusivity, and yet when Tomb Raider was announced exclusive to Xbox One everyone grabbed their pitchforks.

To be fair, so far it looks like you can get SFV on PS4 and PC.

Tomb Raider is Xbone or Get Fucked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I'm just glad PC is 2/2 for big Capcom exclusives so far. This bodes well for DmC2 and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Uzzy

Personally, I find that third party exclusivity is always bullshit. At least with SFV we're getting a PC version though.

Dr Dogg

Oh come on we all know Valve and Sony are buddy, buddy now. Even after Gabe said some nasty things about the PS3 and they should just scrap it they kissed and made up and even put Steamworks in Portal 2. You never know come E3 next year Sony might be up on the stage to announce every PS4 can now be a Steambox...

Yeah I'll get back to work :(

If that need for speed rumor is true I hope it's not open works. I never played underground (burnout was more my thing) but man do I hate open world's in my racers. Just give MW lunar tracks with some shortcuts here and there, please. I spend more time looking at thebmap than I do at the race in open world racers

Okay I have to admit, there's some entertainment value in the SF5 thread. Especially when the fanboys get called out.

to be fair to that poster, Square Enix seems to constantly working against their best interests with almost ever decision he made. If he's referring to the Tomb Raider Holiday Special being a temp exclusive, though, then he's pretty much wrong. It was an extremely smart move to get that MS money, put out TRHS on the X1 by itself so that its sales are not being destroyed on the PS4 by competing directly with Unch4rted, and release the TRHS 6 months after during the summer doldrums with an extra lara croft unlockable golden pistol or something and make more money on the PS4 platform than it would have coming out holiday 2015.

so really, that poster doesn't have any business sense.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
holy crap at SF V announcement! My arcade stick is ready

It might be a bayo 2 situation cause let's be honest, capcom is going down hill. Maybe Sony agreed to fund some of it. + we didn't find out tomb raider was exclusive till after its announcement. Personally I don't care for either of em, but at least sf5 is coming to PC as well unlike tr witch is only the bone

i'm honestly starting to think that neogaf is the birthplace of all console/pc wars and fanboy-ism garbage, in all the boards i ever visited in my life neogaf gotta be the worst in that regard
it's not even shitposting tier, people are intellectualizing are rationalizing their emotional investment in pieces of plastic and brand names

Yep, GAF is not 'above' places like gamefaqs or 4chan when it comes to this stuff.

I still maintain that only gamers lose out in almost all cases of exclusivity. Be it exclusive games or timed exclusives or retailer/platform specific DLC or early access to content or anything of the sort. The only time it comes close to making sense is in cases like Bayonetta 2 where the options were an exclusive game or not existing at all.

to be fair to that poster, Square Enix seems to constantly working against their best interests with almost ever decision he made. If he's referring to the Tomb Raider Holiday Special being a temp exclusive, though, then he's pretty much wrong. It was an extremely smart move to get that MS money, put out TRHS on the X1 by itself so that its sales are not being destroyed on the PS4 by competing directly with Unch4rted, and release the TRHS 6 months after during the summer doldrums with an extra lara croft unlockable golden pistol or something and make more money on the PS4 platform than it would have coming out holiday 2015.

so really, that poster doesn't have any business sense.

You're over thinking it honestly. It's a simple case of getting mad when the other platform holder gets exclusivity but being perfectly fine when your preferred one does the same thing.

Dr Dogg

I had a physical preorder for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Amazon about 3 months before the Gamescom announcement. About 2 days after 'I got a sorry but our suppliers have said this version won't be available now' email. I'll eat somebody's hat (I don't own one alright) if it's not on PC at least within a year of the XO release.

People keep bringing Tomb Raider to the discussion. Is Street Fighter V a timed exclusive as well?

I posted my concern here regarding that a few days ago. People are at each other's throat 24/7, fighting over every little things.

ViviOggi

I don't frequent enough other video game boards to confirm this but yeah, gaming side can be quite draining.

jblank83

Yep, GAF is not 'above' places like gamefaqs or 4chan when it comes to this stuff.

I have never seen a video game message board that was not a den of fanboys churning out this garbage, day in and day out, hour after hour, year after year, including NeoGAF.

NeoGAF is just the largest, and has a relatively strict moderation policy that weeds out some of the more hateful posting.

Zafir

It might be a bayo 2 situation cause let's be honest, capcom is going down hill. Maybe Sony agreed to fund some of it. + we didn't find out tomb raider was exclusive till after its announcement. Personally I don't care for either of em, but at least sf5 is coming to PC as well unlike tr witch is only the bone

I dunno, I don't entirely buy that. Street Fighter is one of the few franchises that they haven't totally butchered(Ok, maybe partially because of Super Hyper Mega Awesome Street Fighter 4 Ultimate Remix editions but that's not really a new thing). I also don't really see why they'd release it on PC if that was the case. It's not like if it was Xbox One and PC where Microsoft benefits from both. Sony gets no benefit from it being on PC.

If anything I feel like it's more them focusing on the Japanese market. Xbox 360 sold poorly in Japan, Xbox One is currently and will continue to sell poorly. Japan just doesn't like Xbox.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
People keep bringing Tomb Raider to the discussion. Is Street Fighter V a timed exclusive as well?

Unknown. The situation is the same as with Tomb Raider though, with the claim being that it's "exclusive" without any mention of duration of that exclusivity.

Top Bottom